TenThousand Rads Roleplaying
Welcome! If you're an existing user, kindly log in. If not, kindly register! We are a free-form RPing community of people who do not bite, unless you break the rules.

-Mycrodeeth, Site Owner

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome! If you're an existing user, kindly log in. If not, kindly register! We are a free-form RPing community of people who do not bite, unless you break the rules.

-Mycrodeeth, Site Owner
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Theology and Thaumaturgy

+2
Doomwing
Flagmauth
6 posters

Page 1 of 10 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Theology and Thaumaturgy Empty Theology and Thaumaturgy

Post by Flagmauth Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:02 pm

The fantasy sandbox RP. Go. Smile

Last edited by Mycrodeeth on Sat Apr 28, 2012 8:50 am; edited 1 time in total
Flagmauth
Flagmauth
Supreme Dictator-for-life

https://ttrroleplay.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Theology and Thaumaturgy Empty Re: Theology and Thaumaturgy

Post by Doomwing Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:05 pm

A world opens up before your eyes. Miles of open land expand from a crystal epicenter. Its energy flows into the ground and begins to populate the world with many, many creatures and beings. The Crystal epicenter vanishes after a few hundred years, and creates a race to act as guardians of this world, The Feldspar.
Doomwing
Doomwing
Adept

Back to top Go down

Post by Flagmauth Thu Apr 26, 2012 4:20 pm

Dwarves appear in the mountains and begin their excavations, quickly establishing a foothold and discovering many veins of ore.
Flagmauth
Flagmauth

Back to top Go down

Post by Sirius Lupin Thu Apr 26, 2012 7:06 pm

(May we use our OCs as the gods of this world? If so, Vlad and my newest OC- Raven- get dibbs on being the storm god and the Wisdom goddess)
Sirius Lupin
Sirius Lupin
Virtuoso

Back to top Go down

Post by Flagmauth Thu Apr 26, 2012 8:48 pm

[I'm inclined to say no, on account of Vlad is not a god and if my assumption about Raven (that she is basically your Guild D&D character) is true neither is she. One thing you could do is have them try and ascend to godhood, however.]
Flagmauth
Flagmauth

Back to top Go down

Post by Doomwing Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:42 pm

The Feldspar's crystal the Ishtar Crystal sits in the center of their city. The Crystal is a Fragment of the Orgin Crystal. THe Origin Crystal after Forming the Feldspar Exploded sending fragments all over the world. Most are dormant non-magical hard ore-like minerals. Very Few harness elemental Powers. The Ishtar cystal is the only magical crystal of Life and Light. No shards of this type have been found by human merchants or magi. The Feldspar make their homes, Armor, and weapons, out of The magic of their cystal.

Their home city is nestled ontop of a mountainous lake far to the west away from most civilizations. Few Merchants and smaller villages are in the main lands of the civilizations.

A small trading party heads to a Dawarven city with ores mined from their distant country. Several are rare ores infused with the magic of a fire cystal. (This hardens and makes it easier for the ore to be refined)

The Head of the Trading party an older Feldspar, walks up to the guards. He wears a thick black cloak with eyes glowing a white blue.

"I bid you good day My Dwarven freind. I come bearing goods." He says gesturing to the cart being pulled by a crystal Elemental.
Doomwing
Doomwing
Adept

Back to top Go down

Post by Flagmauth Sat Apr 28, 2012 6:16 pm

[Name changed, primarily because T&T is an obvious parody of D&D.]

"Of what sort be these goods?" the dwarf who appears to be in charge asks.
Flagmauth
Flagmauth

Back to top Go down

Post by Doomwing Sun Apr 29, 2012 8:40 am

The cloaked Feldspar walks to the crystal elemental and pets its head. then opens up part of the cart and shows the Dwarf a chunk of Mythril Ore.

"This Mythril is not like other Mythril." the Feldspar says. He holds it to the sky. It appears to be glossier than normal mythril ore. "It has been enchanted by a Fire Elemental Crystal." The Feldspar places it on the cart and pulls out a regular hammer. "It is easier to mold." The Feldspar smacks the ore with a hammer, and the Mythril bends like putty. "Easy enough to remove the ability to mold by putting it in fire." The Feldspar gives the Dwarf the Ore.

The Crystal elemental shudders and sits down. The other three follow suit. The Cloaked Feldspar gestures to the other carts. "We come bringing more than just enchanted mythril, but also enchanted forms of Iron, gold, silver, copper, zinc, and tin ore.
Doomwing
Doomwing
Adept

Back to top Go down

Post by Flagmauth Sun Apr 29, 2012 8:46 pm

The dwarf was interested, as were the others watching. Not terribly impressed, but interested. "And these other ores are enchanted the same way?"
Flagmauth
Flagmauth

Back to top Go down

Post by 99luftballons Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:04 pm

The head inquisitor of the city was sitting behind his desk facing a younger man who had been charged of burning down a village for what seemed like no reason. The inquisitor sat back and asked what had happened last week in the former village of Innsbruck.

The man began his tale, "I was plowing my field for the upcoming planting season. I was just about done when my wife asked me to go and buy from the local trader before he left. When I reached the village I bought some bread and cheese. Then I went into the temple to meet my friends, being the first one there. When I went inside, I saw that supports were burning. I ran as quick as I could to the local firefighters/ police/ guard/ doctors/ priests/ smiths to get help. I was grabbed and then brought to the firefighters/ police/ guard/ doctors/ priests/ smiths station and now I stand before you."

By the way the eyes were looking at him and the tone of the man's voice, the Inquisitor knew that the man was lying. He glanced at the paper "Mr. Dorfir, I must warn you that if you are lying, we will not only throw you into the darkest cell possible, but also send you to our artificial hell, so I advise you not to lie." The inquisitor, a gifted darkness magician began sending a little fear into the man so he would admit the crime and have the questioning over with.

The trick worked and the man admitted his crime. Mr. Dofir was then transferred to prison and when the new judge got elected, he would be sentenced. The Inquisitor left the questioning room to take a break and went outside into the market passing the dwarf and the feldspar with a nod.
99luftballons
99luftballons
Viceroy

Back to top Go down

Post by Doomwing Tue May 01, 2012 9:19 pm

(Hey 16012112. This is a separate village. The Feldspar and the Dwarf are in a Dwarven Village. At this time Humans and Elves are in a tribal like state and the only Civil species are the Feldspar and the Dwarves.)

The Feldspar smiles. "Of course." He gestures to the other carts. "All this, we will provide you on one condition." The Feldspar pulls out a scroll. "The Western Continent is not to be touched. No Dwarf is to Set foot on the lands. They are to be Preserved for Future generations. If any Dwarf is found on this continent, they will be sent back here and returned to your people. Their memory of the Encounter stripped and what ever they take from there removed from their being." He shows the dwarf a map of the Three continents in the east. "You in turn have to share these continents with the other races of the world. They are young, but in time you will see that all of this is as it should be." The Feldspar smiles.
Doomwing
Doomwing
Adept

Back to top Go down

Post by Flagmauth Tue May 01, 2012 10:40 pm

The dwarf's brow furrowed in suspicion with regard to the Western Continent and the stated treatment of visiting dwarves, but it was a minor concern at best. Dwarves were not known for conquest nor sea travel, so the issues likely wouldn't come up. "...Alright. Ye've got yourself a deal."

In the meantime, powerful entities on the neighboring plane of Siadon had taken note of the nearby and from their point of view largely vacant plane. As yet, they were too concerned with issues on their own plane to do much.

A powerful mage arrives, near the village mentioned in Paul's post. Grimacing at the sight of the dirty little settlement, he started towards it, meaning to obtain some directions. True, he could find the lay of the land on his own, but why bother when his work was effectively already done? Besides, he might find something to drink in the village pub.
Flagmauth
Flagmauth

Back to top Go down

Post by Doomwing Wed May 02, 2012 7:12 am

The Feldspar beacons to the crystal Elementals. They grunt and pulls the carts forward giving them to the dwarves. The Feldspar bows and walks away from the Dwarven settlement heading westward.
Doomwing
Doomwing
Adept

Back to top Go down

Post by Flagmauth Thu May 03, 2012 6:16 am

The dwarves largely go back to the business of mining out huge underground structures.

The sorcerer (who was receiving several looks ranging from curiosity to outright fear from the villagers thanks to his being a tiefling) had meanwhile arrived at the village pub and struck up a conversation with a few of its occupants. He discovered, among other things, that the plane he was on currently had no name. He didn't, however, learn anything of what he had originally been trying to find out, but for the moment purchased a mug of strawberry wine (which was quite good) and a room to board in (which was not so good). Ah well. He'd get on with it in the morning.
Flagmauth
Flagmauth

Back to top Go down

Post by 99luftballons Thu May 03, 2012 6:40 pm

The Inquisitor goes to the pub where he is going to see the musicians who have been said to come. The pub was unusually crowded by travelers following the musicians. The inquisitor took a seat among a group of travelers, for maybe they would let some of their secrets slip under the influence of alcohol. The Inquisitor himself never drank alcohol, but a pure glass of mineral water. As it turned out the travelers had nothing intelligent to say so the Inquisitor decided to go back and question a victim of the wolves attacks, for this was the first one to survive.

When the Inquisitor got back to the station (police/ jail), he asked a guard to bring the victim over to his office. He sat down and fell asleep, for the guard had not shown up. It was about three to four hours later that he woke in time for sunset, and yet the officer had not shown up. He looked for the address of the victim and decided to go there himself. When he got there he saw that the person whom he supposed was the victim had his heart ripped out and replaced by a figurine of Kortemus (According to legend he was a a thief who used souls to create powerful mutations/ monsters/ and armies). The guard had likewise had his heart replaced by the same figurine, but had claw marks on him, presumably a wolf...

Last edited by 16012112 on Fri May 04, 2012 6:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
99luftballons
99luftballons
Viceroy

Back to top Go down

Post by Flagmauth Fri May 04, 2012 5:41 am

After a short nap (and listening to the music of one of the local bards), the tiefling began using some minor geomantic spells just outside the city's wall, not actually manipulating anything but more like attempting to sense something underground.
Flagmauth
Flagmauth

Back to top Go down

Post by 99luftballons Fri May 04, 2012 6:30 pm

(I wan't to draw tour attention to my last post, where I have deleted the geography after Ian showed me the map. Near my city there is a lot of forest with the wolves as mentioned (or deleted in the previous post) just so one knows.)

The Inquisitor sends in 'proffesionals' to look at the murder of the guard and victim, however the professionals seem to be disagreeing on every little detail possible. No conclusion is going to be reached at the pace they are working within the next 24 hours. The Inquisitor has a feeling that if it was a wolf that committed the murder then it would have headed for a forest. With a few guards he goes out to the largest of the surrounding forests. Sure enough there were footprints of wolves leading toward the ancient church.

He looks at the trail through the forest left by the wolve tracks (if indeed they were). He decided to send a messenger to the chief asking whether or not he should follow. The inquisitor decides to wait for the response before entering on the trail. It could have been any pack or lone wolf, but these tracks had a little blood in them, meaning that they had been in a recent fight.
99luftballons
99luftballons
Viceroy

Back to top Go down

Post by Flagmauth Sun May 06, 2012 6:39 am

Meanwhile the tiefling had found whatever it was he'd been looking for and had, for the moment, vanished underground.
Flagmauth
Flagmauth

Back to top Go down

Post by Flagmauth Wed May 09, 2012 5:14 am

Meanwhile an inter realm exploratory expedition led by an alternate version of Christopher Columbus had arrived and was now observing the plane.

While this was happening, outside Tucker (near the Inquisitor; Tucker being the main human city) a couple of voices were approaching down a path. They appeared to be engaged in a friendly argument.
Flagmauth
Flagmauth

Back to top Go down

Post by 99luftballons Wed May 09, 2012 7:55 am

(I am assuming that my character can hear those voices)

The inquisitor hears the friendly argument, but cannot make out the individual words coming toward him along the path. He decides that if there was something on the loose the least thing he could do was warn whoever was going along the path. He went toward the voices in order to caution them...
99luftballons
99luftballons
Viceroy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sheogorath Wed May 09, 2012 8:11 am

(Ooh, my turn Very Happy )

Daedric Realm Encounter

(d10)
1-Azura, Daedric Prince of Dusk and Dawn
2-Boethiah, Daedric Prince of Deceit and Treason
3-Clavicus Vile, Daedric Prince of Wishes and Deals
4-Hermaeus Mora, Daedric Prince of Knowledge and Memory
5-Hircine, Daedric Prince of the Hunt
6-Malacath, Daedric Prince of the Spurned and Ostracized
7-Mehrunes Dagon, Daedric Prince of Destruction and Change
8-Mephala, Daedric Prince of Betrayal and Secrets
9-Reroll on d8 table
10-Reroll for this table

(d8)
1-Meridia, Daedric Prince of Life and Energy
2-Molag Bal, Daedric Prince of Domination and Slavery
3-Namira, Daedric Prince of Decay and Filth
4-Nocturnal, Daedric Prince of Darkness and Luck
5-Peryite, Daedric Prince of Pestilence
6-Sanguine, Daedric Prince of Debauchery
7-Sheogorath, Daedric Prince of Madness
8-Vermina, Daedric Prince of Dreams and Nightmares.

(Edit: The roll is 5, so the realm will be Hircine's Laughing )
Sheogorath
Sheogorath
Adept

Back to top Go down

Post by Sirius Lupin Wed May 09, 2012 8:51 pm

Vlad and Rasputin enter into the fray. They look around and say, "WTF?!" (Actually saying the words).
Sirius Lupin
Sirius Lupin
Virtuoso

Back to top Go down

Post by Flagmauth Thu May 10, 2012 5:39 am

The arguers, upon the Inquisitor's approach, introduce themselves as Lorenzo Alara and Barrek Griffin.

Lorenzo is a tall and skinny fellow with stunningly handsome features. He claims to be a bard (supported by the fact that he has a lute), and carries a crossbow and rapier.

Barrek is shorter, and bespectacled with a sharp, angular look to his face. He declares himself a wizard. Given that he is carrying a staff with runes carved in one end and a spellbook, he appears to be right in that respect.

Their conversation is interrupted but the appearance of Vlad and Rasputin, with Lorenzo and Barrek pointing a crossbow and staff respectively at the suddenly appearing Russians.
Flagmauth
Flagmauth

Back to top Go down

Post by Flagmauth Sat May 12, 2012 5:37 am

Elsewhere, in a series of recruiting speeches, the tiefling (going by the name Aarnour Vaisores) is gathering an army of typical book/cannon fodder: goblins, ogres, orcs and the like.
Flagmauth
Flagmauth

Back to top Go down

Post by 99luftballons Sun May 13, 2012 7:18 pm

The inquisitor also was startled by the appearance of the Russians. He pulled out his sword, as was any guards reaction to surprise, but put it back in it's sheath when he decided the Russians were harmless. "I think you guys (looking at Lorenzo & Barrak) can put down your weapons. I must warn you that something is on the loose around here so if I were you I'd be going to Tucker."

Then the Inquisitor decided to leave, and leave he did with a casual walk. (Jeffery I believe you said that one of your characters was a werewolf?!? so ignore the rest of the post if I am wrong) around the bend he made a quick side step and sped toward one of the guards. "I think we have a suspect... see that person? (nod) I want you to follow him from a distance."
99luftballons
99luftballons
Viceroy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 10 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum