TenThousand Rads Roleplaying
Welcome! If you're an existing user, kindly log in. If not, kindly register! We are a free-form RPing community of people who do not bite, unless you break the rules.

-Mycrodeeth, Site Owner

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome! If you're an existing user, kindly log in. If not, kindly register! We are a free-form RPing community of people who do not bite, unless you break the rules.

-Mycrodeeth, Site Owner
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Theology and Thaumaturgy

+2
Doomwing
Flagmauth
6 posters

Page 3 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Theology and Thaumaturgy - Page 3 Empty Re: Theology and Thaumaturgy

Post by Doomwing Tue May 29, 2012 4:54 pm

The other two elves walk over to Narun and Iriana. Narun stands up and brushes off his cloak. He grabs his staff and waves his hand.

The Grass elemental Leaps out of the Inquisitor's pocket and starts to grow, plant life around it starts to fuse with it making it become bigger. Vines start to twist around its lumbering hulk and it now stands Seven feet tall, and is a twisting mass of vines and grass. Two Glowing eyes shine from within the top of the elemental.
Doomwing
Doomwing
Adept

Back to top Go down

Post by President WIN Tue May 29, 2012 6:16 pm

"Well. I haven't seen something like that since I left Ishtar!" Remarks the as-yet un-greeted stranger, walking toward the elemental. "So, can you speak? I assume because you haven't attacked yet that you have a friendly purpose, and I can see you're intelligent. It would be a shame to have to destroy something so marvelous!"
President WIN
President WIN
Bureaucromancer

Back to top Go down

Post by Doomwing Wed May 30, 2012 9:53 pm

The Elemental shudders and points off to the village. It quickly says. "Run to them and save them." It then Lumbers off into the depths of the forest to make more of its kind.
Doomwing
Doomwing
Adept

Back to top Go down

Post by 99luftballons Thu May 31, 2012 9:42 am

The Inquisitor sees the village. "It [the village] looks peaceful, but I'll have a look at the village, for in this country one never knows what will happen. You guys want to come?" the Inquisitor said turning in the direction of the village.
99luftballons
99luftballons
Viceroy

Back to top Go down

Post by President WIN Fri Jun 01, 2012 3:03 am

"I believe our mysterious friend who just left would probably appreciate that, so let's go," The stranger says. "Assuming you don't mind." He nods to the wolf-like spirit standing among the fallen wolves.
President WIN
President WIN
Bureaucromancer

Back to top Go down

Post by Doomwing Fri Jun 01, 2012 11:58 pm

Iriana slaps Narun on the back of his head. "What was that for? Do you enjoy making new potentially Deadly things?"

Narun rubs the back of his head and laughs. "I enjoy life to the Fullest Iriana… and I wish to use my Magic to expand our knowledge and understanding of our world. That is why i made the G'runi Just now."

The Green Haired male Elf places his hand on Iriana's shoulder. "Calm yourself… we have a job to do."

The Silver haired Female crosses her arms. "You do need to control yourself Narun... your Creation craze is going to get us hurt, or worse."

Narun smiles and bows. "I am sorry for my Disturbance Mili. And I apologize to you Teruk, I am sorry to Distract you from our little Observation game. The Great one knows why the King I'lliath needs for us to watch them."

Iriana throws back her dark hair and looks off into the depths of the woods. "It isn't our place to question our king. He was the First of our kind, and he is the wisest."

Narun sighs. "I know, but the Feldspar are also keeping secrets from us. My god they wont even tell us why the great crystal wastes are forming. Or why we lost contact with the Village of Irinti. Something Dark is brooding, and the Feldspar are hiding something from us."

Iriana rolls her eyes and picks up a leaf. "We better keep following them. They will lead us to Our Objective."

Mili. "Agreed, and Narun try not to run off again."

Narun smiles. "Of course my friend." He bows.
Doomwing
Doomwing
Adept

Back to top Go down

Post by President WIN Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:10 pm

(Just to ADD more evil to whatever Ian is planning... a.k.a. this has nothing to do with my character...)

On the (planetary?) pole opposite the city of Ishtar, a crystal as black as midnight strikes the ground, and kills everything in a mile radius around it from impact. Unbeknownst to anyone, within the hour, the dead begin to rise around the crystal, and things of Blackest Evil begin to exit the crystal to lead the undead hordes.

On the gray moon of this world, the council of Quiescent Shadows contemplates this turn of events.

"Shall we intervene?" Says one, looking up from the image of the Black Crystal in the center of their table.

"No." Says the Eldest. "Our elves shall deal admirably with this threat. And if they should fail, the Feldspar shall handle it."

"So it shall be," Says a third, "But I still have high hopes for this newest band of heroes..."
President WIN
President WIN
Bureaucromancer

Back to top Go down

Post by Doomwing Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:07 pm

(Okay My elves are not evil, the Ishvan elves are what we in the industry call Lawful neutral. They work for the King of Ishvan king I'lliath Stargazer the First Elf.

You also have need to be made aware of the Opposite plane where the Dark Felspar lurk. They were created by the Dark Crystal. That plane is hostile to most life and is the Exact opposite of the plane which you are all on now. The world is round, but on the opposite side of the planet is a continent which there is no intelligent life on that we know of this moment.

I am stating this to clear up any confusion at this moment of how this works, we discussed T&T after school most of the time, and i am sorry you never really asked before now. I am also posting this so more people understand what this world this "Dual Plane" is like.

Also the plane has (rolling random number out of 10) moons. SO let's see what fun that Gives to this Laughing )

Doomwing
Doomwing
Adept

Back to top Go down

Post by Flagmauth Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:07 pm

The member 'Doomwing' has done the following action : Roll dice

'd10' : 8
Flagmauth
Flagmauth
Supreme Dictator-for-life

https://ttrroleplay.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Doomwing Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:08 pm

This plane has Eight moons. So eventually there will be the Rising of All Eight moons which happens very rarely and a great festival is held when it does. And on average at least Three of the Moons are Visible at all times. Let's see how this RP change effects your lore now shall we? Carry on.
Doomwing
Doomwing
Adept

Back to top Go down

Post by President WIN Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:53 pm

(Just to make things even clearer, for everyone, my Dark Crystal is in addition to Doomwing's understanding of the cosmology.

It has nothing to do with the Evil Feldspar.

I'm hoping that the continent with no intelligent life DW mentioned is not where I just put my legions of undead, and dark forces in general, but I'm sure since there is no map, it'll all work out in the end.

Also, most of what I posted is not immediately apparent; its a hidden and growing threat. I'll use it later to provide some interesting side action.

Oh, and obviously, the Gray Moon is mine. Residence of the Council and all... Others are up for grabs I guess...

So, with that, it seems the scales have tipped in the balance of evil on this world. Good luck to our heroes.)
President WIN
President WIN
Bureaucromancer

Back to top Go down

Post by Doomwing Sat Jun 02, 2012 11:54 pm

(You don't mind being on the Third of the Easter continents right? it is more of a Desert than the others)

Doomwing
Doomwing
Adept

Back to top Go down

Post by Flagmauth Sun Jun 03, 2012 10:22 pm

[Ian, a map if you please. Also, if we're divvying up the moons I'd like one of them to be mine.]

Barrek and Lorenzo thought that heading for the village would be a decent idea.
Flagmauth
Flagmauth

Back to top Go down

Post by President WIN Mon Jun 04, 2012 5:59 am

Hearing no complaint from the wolf spirit, the unknown swordsman begins to walk toward the village.

(I second the map idea. If you have these continents down to such detail that you know one of them is "more of a desert," and you care about the continuity of that idea (as opposed to, say, me making up another continent from scratch,) then a map would be really helpful. Thanks! Smile)
President WIN
President WIN
Bureaucromancer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sheogorath Tue Jun 05, 2012 1:25 am

Suddenly Lorenzo feels a twisting, squeezing sensation on his right index finger. Looking down to see the the source of the feeling, he discovers:

Theology and Thaumaturgy - Page 3 Ringofhircine

In his head he hears a chuckle, followed by the voice of the wolf he saw.

"Consider my ring a gift, little mortal. You will find your emotions will be less....controlling of your bestial form."

As quick as the voice was there, it ceases, leaving Lorenzo with the strange ring.

Sheogorath
Sheogorath
Adept

Back to top Go down

Post by Flagmauth Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:34 pm

Lorenzo frowned down at the ring. It seemed harmless enough, but you never could be sure...Ah well. He'd ask Barrek about it later on.
Flagmauth
Flagmauth

Back to top Go down

Post by 99luftballons Sun Jun 10, 2012 3:08 pm

The Inquisitor stopped for he was sure he was hearing screams. Then again it might be one of those harmless birds that sounded like a human screaming (a nightmare for guards). He turned to his group of friends "can anybody tell if that scream is bird or human?"
99luftballons
99luftballons
Viceroy

Back to top Go down

Post by President WIN Sun Jun 10, 2012 9:34 pm

The swordsman, who still hasn't been greeted, says "I fear that I could only tell were I closer to the source. Apologies."
President WIN
President WIN
Bureaucromancer

Back to top Go down

Post by Flagmauth Sun Jun 10, 2012 11:23 pm

Barrek, for whom this newly formed group was becoming something of a nightmare, said "I cannot determine the source of the screams exactly, but perhaps introductions are in general order? I don't know the names of anyone present."

Lorenzo cleared his throat significantly.

"Besides you, I mean."
Flagmauth
Flagmauth

Back to top Go down

Post by 99luftballons Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:27 am

"I am the Inquisitor of Tucker. I shall not give my name for I do not know it myself," said the Inquisitor introducing himself.
99luftballons
99luftballons
Viceroy

Back to top Go down

Post by President WIN Tue Jun 12, 2012 7:05 am

The swordsman, happy to be recognized, bows deeply and says, "I am Darrien de Conmarch, Knight Arcane, Blade Mage 1st Class, and," he pauses to consider his arm and to touch his gemstone eye, "Prismancer of Ishtar now, I suppose. Or, if you prefer the more common title, I'm a Spellsword. I was on my way to return to my temple, near Tucker, when I heard battle."

(Please note, if anyone here is familiar with the Spellsword class from D&D, my guy is NOTHING like it; that's just the common name for members of his order. If you want a D&D analogue, think of him as a trumped up Hexblade, with a genteel disposition. There are more components to his lore, namely the fact that he has a spellbook, the bit about being a prismancer in addition to being a Knight Arcane, and the reference to his temple, but I shall explain them later, as the opportunity presents itself.)
President WIN
President WIN
Bureaucromancer

Back to top Go down

Post by Flagmauth Thu Jun 14, 2012 11:54 pm

"Well met, Darrien and...er, Inquisitor. I am Barrek Griffin, ranking wizard of the Montian Tower and this is my companion Lorenzo Alara."

Meanwhile, off in the untamed wilderness, tiefling [I swear if Safari autocorrects that word one more time I'm throwing this laptop out the window] warlord Aarnour Vaisores instructs a group of orc shamans in relatively advanced beast magic.

Also "off-camera," an emissary departs for Tucker from the town of Mons. He will hopefully pass by the party shortly.
Flagmauth
Flagmauth

Back to top Go down

Post by 99luftballons Thu Jun 28, 2012 8:04 pm

Djevik Castle

Djevik Castle or rather a tower and a network of underground tunnels inside Djevik Mountain was never important. Until now. Located a good amount of miles north of Tucker, a group of military officers had gathered to discuss the battle against the orcs (from that one geomancer). Djevik himself had not been invited to the meeting and so he was secretly listening to their conversation behind the doors. One look at him would have told anyone that he was being controlled by someone else, but as it happened officers were too important and so it was not fitting to look into somebodies eyes with a lower rank.

Djevik had inherited a disease that brought down his magic supply to zero, but he would have none of it. Djevik studied runes (requiring less magic) and used magic generating rings to make up for his lack thereof. He had gotten really good at it. With the runes he had sealed his castle with runes that would keep any magician away. Not a half god...

It had started a week earlier. The queen which according to legend had ruled this region, with a iron hand, stood on his doorstep. Djevik immediately recognized her from his studies. Too late. She took control of him and a beast mage (who knows from where) and ordered them to create her a army. A army of wolves, trolls, etc enchanted by runes of course.

(back to the present)
A wolf came in through the door transmitted its thoughts to the half goddess who in turn ordered Djevik to send ten Trolls and wolves (enchanted) after the group who had killed her experimental troop of 7 wolves.
99luftballons
99luftballons
Viceroy

Back to top Go down

Post by Flagmauth Fri Jun 29, 2012 12:11 am

In the northern city-states, the barbarians begin deploying monstrous creatures against the civilized towns. Thieron is sacked and burned, its population either killed or driven off to Jardeune. The larger city still holds against the attackers, though barely. Miraculously, the orcs retreat after only three more days into the wilderness.
Flagmauth
Flagmauth

Back to top Go down

Post by Flagmauth Mon Jul 02, 2012 12:48 am

Lorenzo and Barrek meanwhile began looking for the source of the screams.
Flagmauth
Flagmauth

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum