TenThousand Rads Roleplaying
Welcome! If you're an existing user, kindly log in. If not, kindly register! We are a free-form RPing community of people who do not bite, unless you break the rules.

-Mycrodeeth, Site Owner

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome! If you're an existing user, kindly log in. If not, kindly register! We are a free-form RPing community of people who do not bite, unless you break the rules.

-Mycrodeeth, Site Owner
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Myrran Wars

4 posters

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Myrran Wars - Page 6 Empty Re: Myrran Wars

Post by President WIN Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:55 pm

Alekssander arrives at the engine room, and seeing the mess, his jaw fairly drops. "What's going on here?" He asks, more than a little incredulously.
President WIN
President WIN
Bureaucromancer

Back to top Go down

Post by Flagmauth Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:46 pm

"What...do...you...think?" Shi'nrae had to shove the words in between lines of incantation, so she went with the shortest (albeit most insubordinate) response she could think of that summed up the situation.
Flagmauth
Flagmauth
Supreme Dictator-for-life

https://ttrroleplay.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post by President WIN Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:09 pm

A small burst of flame shoots out from the elemental at Shi'nrae. "Well, what do you want ME to do about it?"
President WIN
President WIN
Bureaucromancer

Back to top Go down

Post by Flagmauth Sat Dec 01, 2012 10:34 am

"Help...me!" Shi'nrae glared at him, then launched into another line of incantation. She currently was trying to bind the elemental to its present location so it wouldn't be moving about.
Flagmauth
Flagmauth

Back to top Go down

Post by President WIN Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:35 pm

"I don't know what I can do; I'm really much better at summoning flames than controlling them, and you really seem to pretty much have a handle on things. Here, maybe I can boost your spell casting skill with life energy again, like I did before."

Alekssander raises his hands and a white light emerges from them and enters Shi'nrae, granting her reduced stress, healed wounds, (if she has any) increased confidence, more magical potency, and possible radiation poisoning. (or maybe not that last)

(Assume your abilities are moderately boosted. I'm not going to have you roll anything unless you want to; you can decide what this boost will enable you to do. Just don't conjure any rogue suns or archdemons...lol)
President WIN
President WIN
Bureaucromancer

Back to top Go down

Post by Flagmauth Fri Dec 14, 2012 3:42 pm

[Right then.]

Shi'nrae had most of the framework in place and attempted to anchor the spell into permanency.
Flagmauth
Flagmauth

Back to top Go down

Post by Flagmauth Fri Dec 14, 2012 3:42 pm

The member 'Mycrodeeth' has done the following action : Roll dice

'd20' : 20

[BAM! Get outta my kitchen!]
Flagmauth
Flagmauth

Back to top Go down

Post by President WIN Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:55 pm

Shi'nrae accidentally makes a mistake, while incanting, and the spell goes horribly awry.
President WIN
President WIN
Bureaucromancer

Back to top Go down

Post by Flagmauth Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:32 pm

[That was a legit 20, I didn't edit it in. I edited in the comment. How dare you accuse me of metagaming lol.]
Flagmauth
Flagmauth

Back to top Go down

Post by President WIN Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:57 am

(Not where I was going with that; I know it was a legit 20, I just wanted to see your reaction to the first part before I finished. lol Also, I did say that you DIDN'T need to roll, but this works.)

Instead of casting the permanent binding spell she meant to, Shi'nrae accidentally utters a syllable wrong, and speaks the words of a discrete-area time reversal spell. A glowing blue sphere expands from Shi'nrae, growing to fill the entire area of the engine room, but no further. It first expels Alekssander to the hall outside, as he was last to enter, then expels Shi'nrae. After this, it proceeds to reverse the effects of the battle on the engine and the room, repairing them good as new. After fixing the engine it proceeds to reverse time for about a minute more, undoing a few hours of worth of nearly unnoticeable changes, before it finally comes to an end before a shocked Alekssander.

Turning to Shi'nrae, once he recovers from the shock of the whole thing, he says, in utter stupefaction, "See, I knew you didn't need my help."
President WIN
President WIN
Bureaucromancer

Back to top Go down

Post by Flagmauth Sat Dec 15, 2012 11:47 am

[I like rolling d20s [/defensive] Anyway, so sorcery includes temporal magic? Cool Twisted Evil ]

Shi'nrae, who wasn't yet recovered from the shock of the whole thing, nodded mutely. Did I just do that?

Last edited by Mycrodeeth on Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:40 am; edited 1 time in total
Flagmauth
Flagmauth

Back to top Go down

Post by Doomwing Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:11 pm

Over on the other ship, Kern stands back and looks at his makeshift engine. After hastily patching up the hole where the old engine used to be, He started work on the new engine. It is rather small and is powered by a minor combustion reaction compared to the usual power source. Kern is covered from head to toe with oil and grease. He wipes off his hands on a spare rag and wipes off his beard. "Hopefully this will work." He walks over and turns the unusual device on after hooking it up with the propulsion system.
Doomwing
Doomwing
Adept

Back to top Go down

Post by Flagmauth Mon Dec 17, 2012 6:53 pm

"So...damage has been repaired." Shi'nrae went back to the deck.
Flagmauth
Flagmauth

Back to top Go down

Post by President WIN Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:54 pm

(At the urging of our noble patron, I have returned. My usual apologies for my long absence. I'll try to stay current now. It's just hard between having school as a distraction, wanting to make really good posts, and then just not feeling motivated to post at all. Excuses done, we will now continue with the story in progress.)

"Shi'nrae, I have no idea how you did that. But however it happened. Good work. You can visit your quarters if you want. (you and Doom can pretty much design them as you like. Basic, well appointed accommodations, some luxuries, nothing overly powerful cleverly hidden inside, please. Smile ) I need to go and check on Kern. He had his own mess over on the Evergreen Fens. When Kern and I get back, we'll have a brief meeting in the ship's general cabin to discuss events before we land in Silvervale."

Alekssander nods his thanks to Shi'nrae once more, and then moves to a hole in the hull which the beastmen have yet to repair, and wings out through it, lofting into the air and towards Evergreen Fens.

Meanwhile, over on the Evergreen Fens...
As Kern surveys his work, the new engine becomes active, and appears to work just as well as Kern thought it would. Behind him, a gruff voice comments, "Fine work there. Ne'er have I seen a device quite like it, but I think I be indebted to you anyway. Where did ye learn such skills of innovation and mechanics?"
President WIN
President WIN
Bureaucromancer

Back to top Go down

Post by Doomwing Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:18 pm

Kern looks around to where the voice comes from. "This is fine here Dwarven Craftsmanship passed down my family for Generations." Kern strokes his beard and pulls out a flask. "My good father taught me how to craft things with metal. You can say it is a form of Magic if you like, but if you ask me… It is just a natural talent that most Dwarves have." He chuckles slightly and wipes off his hands on a spare piece of cloth hanging from his belt.
Doomwing
Doomwing
Adept

Back to top Go down

Post by President WIN Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:43 pm

The wizened, white-bearded dwarf behind Kern chuckles softly, but robustly. "Ah, young one, I know much of dwarven craftsmanship. And this is obviously a fine example. Still, I have never seen an engine such as this, which seems to be powered by small explosions. Yet perhaps it is common now. I know not of such things any longer; mechanics I have not studied since the days of my youth. I am a merchant by trade, and the master of this ship, Alkam of the Goldenrod Clan. Well met." Alkam extends his hand to Kern.
President WIN
President WIN
Bureaucromancer

Back to top Go down

Post by Flagmauth Mon Feb 04, 2013 7:34 pm

Shi'nrae, not having anything in particular to do at the moment, stayed out of the way of the beastmen as they ran about conducting repairs. Idly, she wondered when the ship would get back underway. She was by no means an expert but it looked like it was good to go to her...
Flagmauth
Flagmauth

Back to top Go down

Post by 99luftballons Thu Mar 14, 2013 6:51 pm

(I'll join if the RP is continued and if I can find a way to conveniently join in)
99luftballons
99luftballons
Viceroy

Back to top Go down

Post by President WIN Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:51 am

(Do we expect Doom back? If not, I'm not sure what we'll do, but if he ever intends to come back, i.e. in summer, I might just lock the forum till he returns.)
President WIN
President WIN
Bureaucromancer

Back to top Go down

Post by Flagmauth Sun Apr 21, 2013 9:24 pm

Shi'nrae was currently watching a group of beastmen patching a hole in the hull. She wasn't an expert, but it seemed like they were taking an inordinate amount of time...The sorceress could have sworn they had been sitting here making repairs to the ships for weeks. But that couldn't be right...

Could it?
Flagmauth
Flagmauth

Back to top Go down

Post by Flagmauth Sun Apr 28, 2013 6:52 am

Shi'nrae decided to go looking for Alekssander. She might as well ask him to try and figure out what was taking so long.
Flagmauth
Flagmauth

Back to top Go down

Post by President WIN Sun Apr 28, 2013 6:57 pm

Shin'rae finds Alekssander overseeing some critical damage repairs. He explains that he hasn't had time to go check on Kern yet.

If Shin'rae mentions her feeling of time distortion Alekssander mentions that it's probably a side effect of the spell she just accidentally cast.

He suggests that she decorate her room aboard the airship, if she hasn't already (i.e. decide how it looks) or maybe go wait in the ship's meeting room.

If she's really bored, however, Alekssander suggests that he could train/spar with her, and that Kern could meet up with them shortly. Considering they haven't heard any explosions yet, Kern is probably just completing a time-consuming repair.
President WIN
President WIN
Bureaucromancer

Back to top Go down

Post by Doomwing Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:22 pm

Kern laughs and shakes the hand of the ship master. "You must have been out of the loop awhile old one. Come now that we got this thing working, it deserves to have a toast in its honor."
Doomwing
Doomwing
Adept

Back to top Go down

Post by President WIN Mon Apr 29, 2013 5:04 am

"Aye, my young friend, that it does. But what shall we toast with? I have some fine droughts from Silvervale aboard, if you like. Or perhaps you have a brew of your own you're eager to share?" Alkam says, eyeing Kern's flask with a smile. "If there's one thing I haven't forgotten, it's the thrill of brewing."
President WIN
President WIN
Bureaucromancer

Back to top Go down

Post by Flagmauth Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:56 pm

Shi'nrae agreed, it must be a side-effect of her spell. Glad that she had got that settled, she took Alekssander's advice and headed to her room to decorate...ish.

What exactly does the room look like (i.e. dimensions, fixtures, etc.)
Flagmauth
Flagmauth

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next