TenThousand Rads Roleplaying
Welcome! If you're an existing user, kindly log in. If not, kindly register! We are a free-form RPing community of people who do not bite, unless you break the rules.

-Mycrodeeth, Site Owner

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome! If you're an existing user, kindly log in. If not, kindly register! We are a free-form RPing community of people who do not bite, unless you break the rules.

-Mycrodeeth, Site Owner
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A World of Dust and Souls

4 posters

Page 1 of 40 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next

Go down

A World of Dust and Souls Empty A World of Dust and Souls

Post by Helsing Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:24 pm

A World of Dust and Souls

Welcome child, to Remnant.

A world where the exploits of men are the things of legend. Fighting and slaying the monsters that shake the very earth. However, that doesn't mean this world is safe.

Oh, that couldn't be further than the truth.

In this world, the beasts of fear, the Grimm, they are king.

With every grimm that is slain, a hundred take it's place. They kill and ravage the world that we try to keep safe.

And to keep it safe, we send our young, our talented, our powerful.

That's right, we send you.

You, the child from the snow covered hell.

You, the son of the desert.

You, the innocent rose from the isles.

We send all of you and more. Because you are our hope.

Our world.

I hope you can live up to expectation

In an airship overlooking the country of Vale, the next generation of hopefuls waited in want and anticipation. In the distance, they could actually see it.

Beacon, the greatest Huntsman academy in the world.

Home and breeding grounds to the most powerful and influential huntsmen in the world. People from all over the world dreamed about heading to this amazing place, but few actually managed to make it through.

Of them, several stood out.

The Champion herself looks out over the forests of Vale. In the corner, a quiet girl sits by herself, reading a coverless book. Near her, a Faunus girl picks at her teeth with a claw.

A red hooded girl and a blond huddled against the window, gazing over the landscape.

There’s a young white haired man standing straight and firm. Probably military.

A blond in the corner, holding... wait, is that liquid dust? What the hell was he doing working with that on a ship?

And lastly, there’s a poor man trying to hold in his lunch. He’s not going to last that long.

There are others, but they haven't introduced themselves yet. Because after all, this is their story.

Last edited by Helsing on Sat Feb 17, 2018 12:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Helsing
Helsing
The Marksman

Location : Take a left at the pile of dead bodies. Then go forward until you get to Hell, if you reach satan's place you've gone to far.

Back to top Go down

A World of Dust and Souls Empty Re: A World of Dust and Souls

Post by A Blind Guy Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:31 pm

Sterling Takeri looked out of the airship window, so this was his new home.
A Blind Guy
A Blind Guy
Molestor of Gods

Back to top Go down

Post by Helsing Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:45 pm

As he was watching, he didn't notice the boy with white hair take notice of him. His military posture broke as he grinned from ear to ear. He all but bounded over to Sterling, tapping him on the shoulder.

A World of Dust and Souls 2ad5bfc914313a5d8276baa1ae33de10--s-nier-nier-automata-s

"Excuse me, you're Sterling Takeri right?"
Helsing
Helsing
The Marksman

Location : Take a left at the pile of dead bodies. Then go forward until you get to Hell, if you reach satan's place you've gone to far.

Back to top Go down

Post by A Blind Guy Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:49 pm

Sterling's posture straightened instantly, he clears his throat.

"Indeed, Sterling Tikeri, its a pleasure to meet you." He extends his right hand towards the new guy, almost as if on command.
A Blind Guy
A Blind Guy
Molestor of Gods

Back to top Go down

Post by Helsing Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:34 pm

The boy takes the hand, awkwardly scratching the back of his head as he does so, "Oh, you don't have to be so formal. Thomas Xander, at your service. I've been a fan of yours," he stops himself, "No wait not you, just your family, I mean."

His shoulders slump, "Can I start over?"
Helsing
Helsing
The Marksman

Back to top Go down

Post by A Blind Guy Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:41 pm

Go right ahead. "  Sterling's posture relaxes somewhat. 

"Funny, it's the first time I've heard someone say that about my family."
A Blind Guy
A Blind Guy
Molestor of Gods

Back to top Go down

Post by Helsing Tue Sep 19, 2017 5:57 pm

Thomas tilted his head, "You haven't heard? You're the son of Stephon Tikeri! The greatest duelist rivaled only by the king himself! I grew up reading the tales of him fighting off King Drakes with his rapier."

He's jumping up and down with excitement at this point before slowing to a stop, "Sorry about that, I get excited."
Helsing
Helsing
The Marksman

Back to top Go down

Post by BerrySayRoar Tue Sep 19, 2017 5:59 pm

Nisha Hyeonmu looks out the window full of glee and excitement as they were approaching the beacon. Sometimes during the flight she nearly burst with delight and wanted to scream, "I'M GOING TO BEACON! I DID IT! YAAAAY!" but she knew best not to make a scene. She accidently heard a conversation going on near her. one of them was named something Tikeri. She brought her finger to her lips and gazed up thinking, "Tikeri..Tikeri...where have I heard that?" She gave no more thought about it and continues to watch beacon coming closer.
BerrySayRoar
BerrySayRoar
Adept

Back to top Go down

Post by A Blind Guy Tue Sep 19, 2017 6:00 pm

Sterling smiles and puts a hand on the boy's shoulder. "Don't worry about it, so where are you from?"
A Blind Guy
A Blind Guy
Molestor of Gods

Back to top Go down

Post by Flagmauth Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:56 pm

Sienna Drake had chosen to sit as far away from the Dust-toting maniac as possible and was leaning back against the wall, eyes shut. Sleep had eluded her for the entire flight up to this point, though - despite her best efforts, she was still anxious about attending one of the four premier Academies in the world. For what felt like the hundredth time in the past half-hour Sienna carefully schooled her breathing, taking deep and slow breaths trying to force herself to calm down and relax.
Flagmauth
Flagmauth
Supreme Dictator-for-life

https://ttrroleplay.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Helsing Wed Sep 20, 2017 12:21 am

"Atlas," Thomas beamed before becoming crestfallen "Or at least I was before they kicked me out."

He seemed to understand his own words just as he said them "It's not what you think! Things just got a bit heated for my family and we had to move."
Helsing
Helsing
The Marksman

Back to top Go down

Post by Helsing Wed Sep 20, 2017 11:08 am

Sienna Drake

"There's not much point in that, I'm afraid." A voice said.

A World of Dust and Souls 58a18351be9e47026d71ea112dc1efcc--bloodborne-art-doll-games

"We'll be at the landing grounds soon, sleep won't do much good if you can barely get any of it."

Nisha Hyeonmu

"A beautiful sight, isn't it?" a chipper voice comments behind her.

A World of Dust and Souls Sergey-kolesov-emily-portrait

"But as a word of advice, keep your voice down. If you keep screaming, everyone and their father will know what you're about. Not exactly a good thing in a hunter's line of work."
Helsing
Helsing
The Marksman

Back to top Go down

Post by Flagmauth Wed Sep 20, 2017 12:39 pm

Sienna jumped, eyes blinking open and looking up at the other girl. After a moment, she sighed. "I guess you're right, if we're going to be landing that soon anyway." She stood up, offering a hand to the stranger. "My name's Sienna. What's yours?"
Flagmauth
Flagmauth

Back to top Go down

Post by A Blind Guy Wed Sep 20, 2017 12:53 pm

"And they sent you to Beacon academy? well every cloud has a silver lining. " Sterling says, probably not the best idea to discuss something like that in public.
A Blind Guy
A Blind Guy
Molestor of Gods

Back to top Go down

Post by BerrySayRoar Wed Sep 20, 2017 1:18 pm

"Oh yes, I'm sorry. I'm just," exhales nervously with a giggle, "I'm just so excited. I am going to Beacon." She jumped a bit in place before she loks back at the woman and calm down. "I'm sorry I haven't introduced myself, I'm Nisha Hyeonmu, nice to meet you. " Extends her hand out.
BerrySayRoar
BerrySayRoar
Adept

Back to top Go down

Post by Helsing Wed Sep 20, 2017 1:45 pm

Sienna Drake

The stranger took the hand with a smile, "Elisa, pleasure to meet you."

Once she was up, Elisa fidgeted nervously, "Are you worried?"

Nisha Hyeonmu

"Azula," she says, taking the hand and shaking it once.

"You can get excited all you want, but we still have initiation to go through, we aren't students just yet."

Sterling Takeri

Thomas beamed, "My mom went here! It's the best place in the world from what I've heard, so what better place to go?
Helsing
Helsing
The Marksman

Back to top Go down

Post by A Blind Guy Wed Sep 20, 2017 1:48 pm

"I like the way you think sir."
A Blind Guy
A Blind Guy
Molestor of Gods

Back to top Go down

Post by Flagmauth Wed Sep 20, 2017 4:17 pm

"Pff, me? Nervous? No, why would I be nervous?" Sienna said in what she hoped was a confident enough voice to dismiss any idea that she would ever be nervous about anything.
Flagmauth
Flagmauth

Back to top Go down

Post by BerrySayRoar Wed Sep 20, 2017 4:46 pm

"I know, I know." She gripped the hand tightly and shook it two more times after the first shake, "I mean, how can anyone not be excited for coming here, right?"
BerrySayRoar
BerrySayRoar
Adept

Back to top Go down

Post by A Blind Guy Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:56 pm

Sterling glances over at the student who is about to lose his lunch. "Well I guess the view isn't for everyone. "
A Blind Guy
A Blind Guy
Molestor of Gods

Back to top Go down

Post by Helsing Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:54 pm

Sienna Drake

Elise smiled kindly and shifts her feet, "You're not that good at lying, are you?"

Nisha Hyeonmu

"Beacon is pretty good," Azula says, "But I didn't grow up with the hype. The woes of being a Mistral girl I guess."

Sterling Takeri

Thomas grimaces, "He's got like... two minutes before he loses it."

Everyone

The sides of the ship flashed silver, indicating the activation of the dust projectors. Stand in the holographing placing, is, most likely, an instructor of Beacon.

"Hello, and welcome to Beacon. My name is Glynda Goodwitch. You are among a privileged few who have received the honor of being selected to attend this prestigious academy! Our world is experiencing an incredible time of peace, and as future Huntsmen and Huntresses, it is your duty to uphold it. You have demonstrated the courage needed for such a task, and now it is our turn to provide you with the knowledge and the training to protect our world."

The message shuts off, and the red landing lights flash above. A few minutes later, the ship lands and the doors open up to the grounds of Beacon.

Sienna Drake

Elise bows respectfully, "Good luck to you."

She then just starts walking toward the castle, humming a small tune as she does.

Nisha Hyeonmu

"Guess this is it." Azula says, "Nice meeting you, good luck."

Then, a green light enveloped her form. She seemed to flicker before disappearing into thin air.

A teleporting semblance, huh.

Sterling Takeri

Thomas whistled, "Well, Atlas has nothing on this."

He turns around, and smiles, "And there are no camera's to prove that I said that."
Helsing
Helsing
The Marksman

Back to top Go down

Post by A Blind Guy Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:07 pm

"Its truly stunning isn't it?" Sterling begins making his way to the castle.
A Blind Guy
A Blind Guy
Molestor of Gods

Back to top Go down

Post by Flagmauth Thu Sep 21, 2017 5:17 am

Sienna took a moment to steel herself then followed the others off the airship and out towards Beacon Academy.
Flagmauth
Flagmauth

Back to top Go down

Post by BerrySayRoar Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:20 pm

Nisha straightens her posture and stares at the opening, then at the floor that seperated the airship and the beacon floor. She took a deep breath and took one step on Beacon floor, feeling shiver down her spine. She followed the res of the crowd that were heading further within Beacon.
BerrySayRoar
BerrySayRoar
Adept

Back to top Go down

Post by Helsing Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:53 pm

Sienna Drake

Nisha Hyeonmu

It was a simple walk, most of the way.

The someone had to go and fall straight on their face in front of the two ladies. At least he didn't tripped anyone.

A World of Dust and Souls 10649eab0352aee89252135b9c48de9c

He looks up from the ground and sighs, "Oh god I really messed up first impression didn't I?"

Sterling Takeri

Thomas nods, "Yeah, well, it was nice meeting you, but I've got to..."

He trails off as he looks through the crowd and notices something. His eyes brighten and he smiles, "SorrygottorunI'llseeyoulater!" he screams before running through the crowds.
Helsing
Helsing
The Marksman

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 40 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next