TenThousand Rads Roleplaying
Welcome! If you're an existing user, kindly log in. If not, kindly register! We are a free-form RPing community of people who do not bite, unless you break the rules.

-Mycrodeeth, Site Owner

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome! If you're an existing user, kindly log in. If not, kindly register! We are a free-form RPing community of people who do not bite, unless you break the rules.

-Mycrodeeth, Site Owner
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

KOTNR OOC

+4
RNGesus
Sagansoul001
Flagmauth
Sirius Lupin
8 posters

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

KOTNR OOC              Empty KOTNR OOC

Post by Sirius Lupin Mon Nov 18, 2013 10:56 am

Post your OOC Comments here.
Sirius Lupin
Sirius Lupin
Virtuoso

Back to top Go down

KOTNR OOC              Empty Re: KOTNR OOC

Post by Flagmauth Mon Nov 18, 2013 11:00 am

Sirius Lupin wrote:"Like I said, I am not at liberty to speak about that." The human says with a smirk.

On the nameless planet, the Gamorreans drag Teren into a freezing chamber where they keep the cuffs on, knowing from their boss that she was dangerous. They tie a rope around her legs and arms and then take a few steps back. A Rodian then presses a button, and the platform Teren is on slowly descends into a pit. When it reaches the bottom, the Rodian presses another button and tiabanna gas spreads around Teren, soon followed by molten carbonite.

In less than a minute, the platform gradually makes its way upwards with Teren who was now in suspended animation. "Get her loaded onto the ship," the Rodian says to the two Gamorreans. "And put her next to the bounty hunter. Yuri wants them alive."
Skip more. I dun wanna RP a doorstop.

Also it's rather irritating that you didn't give Teren any sort of opportunity to act on this - come to think of it, why is this even necessary? They were already on a ship, why not just take them to Yuri directly? It saves time, speeds things up and opens all sorts of...interesting possibilities for character development.
Flagmauth
Flagmauth
Supreme Dictator-for-life

https://ttrroleplay.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sirius Lupin Mon Nov 18, 2013 11:08 am

Why did I do this? To keep Yuri's identity secret for a little while longer. My thought was if I reveal him too early, people will lose interest.

However, in my opinion, if I kept his identity a secret a little while longer, players will want to keep on playing. At least this is what I think. I could be wrong.

Apologies for the irritation. I hope you understand.
Sirius Lupin
Sirius Lupin
Virtuoso

Back to top Go down

Post by Flagmauth Mon Nov 18, 2013 11:12 am

While I can't speak for anyone else, I can certainly say that the thread's gone over the 100 page benchmark and is well into its second section. Revealing Yuri at this point would actually be rather appropriate; as it is it feels like you're dragging it out too long, with the added irritation of pointlessly encasing my lead character in carbonite.
Flagmauth
Flagmauth

Back to top Go down

Post by Sirius Lupin Mon Nov 18, 2013 12:47 pm

There is a point in encasing Teren in carbonite. Here's a hint: it has to do with the murder she committed earlier.
Sirius Lupin
Sirius Lupin
Virtuoso

Back to top Go down

Post by Flagmauth Mon Nov 18, 2013 12:53 pm

So this is in revenge for the Kubaz's death then? Why not just shoot her or gloat over how Yuri's going to throw her into the Sarlacc etc. etc. Preferably the second one on account of I still get to use my character but still. This way, while it does (sorta) make sense from the viewpoint of an apparently Dangerously Genre Savvy villain, is kind of a middle finger at me because I can't use Teren until we get around to unfreezing her. Given our track record for actually moving along plotlines (come to think of it, given ANY RP's track record of same) that'll take a ridiculous amount of time.

And furthermore I got essentially no way of doing anything at all to prevent this; essentially since Teren and Archul were knocked out in the apartment complex there's been nothing I can do. At all. Which is made even less reasonable by the blatant puppeteering/autohitting of the whole carbonite sequence. Now, GM's get a hell of a lot more leeway here than any player ever will, but going through an entire sequence without even giving the character anything to do, let alone a chance to react, is well past what I consider reasonable.
Flagmauth
Flagmauth

Back to top Go down

Post by Sirius Lupin Mon Nov 18, 2013 1:15 pm

I just figured that Teren wouldn't move, since her hands are still cuffed and she couldn't use her mechanical arm to cut the bonds. Therefore, I assumed that she had no way of escaping.

And besides, how the hell was I puppeteering? If I did without realizing it, I'm sorry.
Sirius Lupin
Sirius Lupin
Virtuoso

Back to top Go down

Post by Flagmauth Mon Nov 18, 2013 1:19 pm

Teren's legs were just fine so she could have used those. The Gamorreans likely would have let go of her for at least a second*...and plus having Teren in the enemy's base(?) would lead to all sorts of interesting scenarios. And I mean interesting for both of us, not just me.

*They're stupid. They're nameless mooks in a Star Wars 'verse...do the math.

As for puppeteering, like I said, railroading the entire scene without allowing me any opportunity to post was immensely frustrating on my end.
Flagmauth
Flagmauth

Back to top Go down

Post by Sirius Lupin Mon Nov 18, 2013 2:11 pm

I'm sorry about that. I'm just afraid that other players might try to take advantage of the location and just go there. It's irrational, I know, but still. We have some newbies to role-playing on the forum, so I'm afraid they will try to say they know where Teren is.
Sirius Lupin
Sirius Lupin
Virtuoso

Back to top Go down

Post by Flagmauth Mon Nov 18, 2013 2:20 pm

There are a couple of workarounds to that; I'm glad that we can be discussing a solution as opposed to outright arguing. We're pretty much always going to have to deal with newbies or other people who are messing up so we might as well start now. Firstly, you don't necessarily need to reveal to Teren what planet she's on. Depending on the nature of the installation this is entirely plausible; in the X-Wing: Rogue Squadron books the Empire had a prison on the surface of Coruscant that nobody knew was there, inside or out, except a very select few. Second you could tell me via PM, although that seems rather cumbersome and pointless given the fact that I can then not mention the location in the thread itself, so I may as well not know. Thirdly, you can go ahead and mention it and if anyone pulls anything, bash them over the head, as there's no logical way for anyone to tell where Teren and Archul are at; closest you could come to that is the Force and Teren's in a semiconscious state of Force-stealth, plus they're a HUGE distance away. Unimaginably huge, even if it's five minutes away with hyperdrive.
Flagmauth
Flagmauth

Back to top Go down

Post by Sirius Lupin Mon Nov 18, 2013 10:01 pm

Sirius Lupin wrote:"That's not even remotely possible." The human says with a chuckle. "I've never heard of a droid who could do that!"

After a little while, the carbonite blocks- which were transported to a cell in another area of the planet- thawed and Teren and Archul fall out.

"Dammit!" Archul mutters as he hits the floor hard. "Why those pigs felt the need to freeze us is beyond me!"
I've resolved our argument. Next, we will hear Yuri yelling at his men for their stupidity.
Sirius Lupin
Sirius Lupin
Virtuoso

Back to top Go down

Post by Flagmauth Tue Nov 19, 2013 5:56 am

Thank you.
Flagmauth
Flagmauth

Back to top Go down

Post by Sagansoul001 Tue Nov 19, 2013 1:22 pm

Can we have somebody have a character near Teren and Archul. It is getting annoying with the human.
Sagansoul001
Sagansoul001
Count

Back to top Go down

Post by Flagmauth Tue Nov 19, 2013 1:31 pm

Sagan, for the second time, roll the dice in the OOC thread. [/unrelated]
Flagmauth
Flagmauth

Back to top Go down

Post by Sagansoul001 Tue Nov 19, 2013 2:46 pm

??? Explain please...
Sagansoul001
Sagansoul001
Count

Back to top Go down

Post by Flagmauth Tue Nov 19, 2013 2:50 pm

Specifically in DDA, roll the dice here, not in the thread itself.
Flagmauth
Flagmauth

Back to top Go down

Post by Sagansoul001 Tue Nov 19, 2013 3:04 pm

Oh, okay but it will make things difficult, due to the fact I have to quick post during classes.
Sagansoul001
Sagansoul001
Count

Back to top Go down

Post by Flagmauth Wed Nov 20, 2013 1:17 pm

Do note that talking <like this> indicates, depending on who is talking, Arrbacca or Maus' speech.
Flagmauth
Flagmauth

Back to top Go down

KOTNR OOC              Empty SWKOTNR History.

Post by Sirius Lupin Wed Nov 20, 2013 3:14 pm

So here is a brief history of this alternate universe of Star Wars that I've devised. I wrote it so everybody would understand what was going on in the background. It is written like it was an archive at the Jedi Temple or someplace like that.

Galactic History over 32 Years
(AFE means After the Formation of the Empire)
22 BFE- Darth Traya- once a Jedi Master named Kreia- was given a seat on the Jedi High Council and secretly begins the mass production of cloning.
12 BFE- Due to increasing attacks by Separatist terrorists, increasing boldness and threats by Separatists, and an insufficiency of Jedi, Darth Traya- the mastermind behind the Separatist terrorism- convinces the Senate to accept her plan for a Grand Army of the Republic. Battle of Geonosis. Beginning of the Clone Wars.
12 BFE-0 BFE- The Clone Wars. “Kreia” takes on a 13-year-old Padawan learner who often questioned her teachings.
Person viewing: <What was the Padawan’s name?>
Computer: [Let me bring up his profile for you...]
Computer: [One moment...]
Computer: [Error: It appears as though that file which you have requested has been corrupted by an outside source. Continuing on with the history.
She would also give speeches to the public about a quick, decisive yet devastating defeat to the CIS, earning her increasing popularity in the Senate as well as increasing the suspicion of the Jedi. She also fed military secrets to the Separatists.
0 BFE- Conclusion of the Clone Wars with the death of General Grievious. [name removed]- suspicious of his master’s activities- discovered his master “Kreia” was the Sith Lord the Jedi were looking for and informed the Jedi High Council. Traya attempts to turn three Jedi Knights and [name suspiciously removed] to the Dark Side. Only [name suspiciously removed] refused and is about to confront the new apprentices when Grand Master Yoda arrived with 5 of the Order’s best duellists, who told the young boy to run. Traya and her apprentices then fought Yoda and his companions, killing them all- Yoda the last one who was personally killed by Traya with the aid of the newly annointed Darth Malak- the strongest of all three of her new apprentices. Traya orders the Chancellor to be assassinated and takes over in his stead as the ruler of the new Galactic Empire. The order to exterminate Jedi is executed by the clones. Those who survived go into hiding.

1 AFE- The Theed Treason. Upon hearing that Queen Aplina of Naboo was harboring Jedi, Traya ordered Malak to go to Naboo and put down the traitors. A Brutal Battle took place in the city of Theed, in which those Jedi and the Queen are executed. End of the Naboo Democracy, as the Empire appointed Kylantha as a puppet ruler.
Person viewing: <All of the Jedi were killed?>
Computer: [At the time, yes. The Stormtroopers did a thorough search in Theed. However, it has been revealed that one- a young teenager- managed to escape Naboo due to the fact that he was not in Theed when the attack occured. How he managed to escape the planet- and the attention of the legions patrolling the planet- is not known.]
Person viewing: <Who was it?>
Computer: [Let me pull up that file for you. One moment...]
Computer: [It seems that you have requested this file earlier, and I shall give you’re idiotic self the same answer: The file is corrupted.]
Person viewing: <But there has got to be some info on him and Traya’s Padawan.>
Computer: [I’m sure there is, but since you can’t seem to comprehend my saying, I’m gonna tell you this very slowly: His. Profile. Is. Corrupted. Get that in your damned head!]
Person viewing: < Are you sure you can’t tell me more from your memory?!>
Computer: [Yes I can tell you more from my memory. Let’s see, uh, the Padawan was a male and he was young. Surely you can comprehend that! Let’s continue.
2 AFE- The New CIS Crisis. Apparently, the Geonosians got it in their heads that they can create another CIS army to challenge the Empire. A legion led by Traya’s second strongest apprentice-Nihilus- was sent to Geonosis to shut down the droid factories located there and to eliminate the leaders of the planet. The operation was a complete success.

3 AFE- The Clone Rebellion. The Kamionoans have started cloning soldiers for their army against the Empire. Stormtroopers led by a bounty hunter named Boba Fett attack the cloning facilities. The operation was a success and a result was the creation of new clones from new templates and recruiting birth-born soldiers.

5 AFE- The Volcanic Rebellion. Slaves rebelled against their Imperial masters on Mustafar. Darth Malak is sent to Mustafar to quell the uprising.
Person Viewing: <That’s all you have to tell me about this uprising? I thought there was more to this story!>
Computer: [If you would quit interrupting me, then I would tell you more about this revolt. So sit down, shut the hell up, and I will continue.

This uprising was unlike any you have previously reviewed, for this uprising was actually successful- for once- in driving off the Empire.
Person Viewing: <What made this rebellion successful?>
Computer: [Because there were too damn many slaves and not enough guards. Or, should I say, not enough guards who could actually SHOOT to save their pathetic hides. Besides, the slaves were mostly prisoners of war, so they have had experience in combat. And they also had a strong leader.]
Person Viewing: <Who was this leader?>
Computer: [Believe it or not, their leader was not a slave. He was actually a Jedi Knight who had somehow entered Mustafar undetected. Before you ask, this Jedi is called “Revan”.]
Person Viewing: <Is there a file on him?>
Computer: [One moment please...]
Computer: [Error: There is no one in the galaxy who is named Revan. let’s continue on with the story.
During the fight, Revan and Malak duelled in the factory. After exchanging blows for a long while, Revan won by using the Force to push Malak back into a set of controls, thus electrocuting him. Malak survived, but suffered severe electrical burns over his over his entire body and, whenever he gets is pissed off, electricity will emerge from his body and- let me tell you- it can be more dangerous than your average electrical shock if you get too close.
Person Viewing: <How about this “Revan” character?>
Computer: [Eyewitness reports claim that Revan managed to escape with minor injuries. The rebellious slaves- after overwhelming their guards- hijacked Imperial transports and fled to an uninhabited planet. Ever since their humiliating defeat at Mustafar, Malak has sworn revenge on this masked vigilante.]
Person viewing: <Where was this planet the former prisoners fled to?>
Computer: [Great, more questions. It was uncharted and the rebellious freed prisoners disabled the tracking device inside their transports. Therefore, we don’t know where they went. Now, back to our files.
The Volcanic Rebellion’s success sparked more rebellions throughout the Empire. Queen Kylantha was overthrown by her nephew RSF Major Kailar, sparking the current Naboo Civil War; age-old enemies Mon Calamari and Quarren joined forces against their Imperial oppressors on Dac and succeeded in removing them from their planet; through guerrilla warfare, the Bothans and Twi’Leks liberated their planet; and the Zabraks repelled their overseers. However, one rebellion did not succeed- the Sullistan Rebellion. This skirmish put an end to the string of uprisings. All these rebellions took place between 5 AFE and 8 AFE, with the Sullustan uprising taking place in 8 AFE.
8 AFE- After the failed Sullustan insurrection, to keep the spirit of rebellion alive in the galaxy, Revan gathered three of the greatest opposers of the Empire- Senators Bail Organa of Alderaan, Mon Mothma of Chandrila, and Garm Bel Iblis of Corellia- at Corellia. There, they decide- in what would later be known as the Corellian Treaty- that Organa would provide the financial means for the new rebellion, Garm Bel Iblis would provide the military hardware, and Mon Mothma would provide the soldiery and Revan would be the ultimate figurehead and leader. Just after the Treaty is signed, the meeting is interrupted by Imperial Stormtroopers, who take the Senators hostage although Revan managed to escape. The Senators are taken to Coruscant to be executed, but are rescued by Revan. Revan duels Malak again to buy enough time for the Senators to escape and easily defeats him, removing his jaw in the process. Once again, Malak survived but had to get a prosthetic jaw to replace the one he lost. The beginning of the Galactic Civil War and the Battle for Ord Mantell.
Soon afterward, General Edward Platarm orders the deaths of 350 sentients fleeing Ord Mantell after they surrendered to him, which caused the disillusionment of the Empire’s best military unit Shadow Squad. Two months later, the squad defects, leaving behind only one loyal soldier: then-Sergeant Aruha Rahas. The Imperial SpecForce Crisis begins.
Between 8 AFE and now (10 AFE), there were some battles no one really cares about. A Force-Sensitive human named Bastila Shan joins the fight for freedom and uses her special power Battle Meditation to win a few victories for the Rebel Alliance. Also, most of the Shadow Squad defectors had been hunted down and executed save one- former Imperial Lieutenant Jaq Rand.
Person Viewing: <Is there a file on Jaq Rand?>
Computer: [Sure, let me pull it up for you. Ah, here it is. To save you the trouble of actually reading, as I’m pretty sure your little brain can’t handle some of the big words, let me tell you about this former Lieutenant: He’s around the age of 22 now (if he is still alive), was born and raised on the planet Alderaan, was drafted into the Imperial Military at the age of 16, became part of Shadow Squad and served as their infiltration and assassination expert until Platarm murdered civilians. He- along with the majority of his squad- defected soon after. After that, his file goes blank and the new Shadow Squad is still having a tough time trying to find him.
Anyway, enough about that. In 9 AFE, Revan vanished, decreasing morale for the Rebellion. Shortly after his disappearance, Bastila begins to search for him, but also disappears without a trace.
That’s enough for now. Let’s get around to recent events.
10 AFE- Operation: Skyhook goes underway and is still in operation. Battle of Topwara, which ends with a key victory for the Rebellion- their first key victory after Revan’s disappearance. The Alliance discovers that Bastila Shan was captured by Malak and held prisoner on board his capital ship the Grendel I. The Alliance offers a reward of 5K credits for her rescue. A smuggler named Atton Rand rescues her and takes the daughter of Grand Admiral Vaunt Greyflight captive. Grand Admiral Greyflight is assassinated by an unknown organization (investigation is still underway).
Sirius Lupin
Sirius Lupin
Virtuoso

Back to top Go down

Post by Sagansoul001 Wed Nov 20, 2013 7:20 pm

Second person: < Is there any history concerning two people named Cyber orZane Freed?>
Sagansoul001
Sagansoul001
Count

Back to top Go down

Post by Flagmauth Fri Nov 22, 2013 1:33 pm

Um, what's the DC for decryption? Rolling for Maus first and Arrbacca second.
Flagmauth
Flagmauth

Back to top Go down

Post by RNGesus Fri Nov 22, 2013 1:33 pm

The member 'Mycrodeeth' has done the following action : Roll the dice

'd20' : 18, 20
RNGesus
RNGesus
Supreme Manifestation of Contrived Misfortune

Back to top Go down

Post by Flagmauth Fri Nov 22, 2013 1:34 pm

Right then. I think I make it. Twice.
Flagmauth
Flagmauth

Back to top Go down

Post by Sagansoul001 Fri Nov 22, 2013 2:51 pm

Sirius, I need a holster for my droid's blaster, either an upgrade or a belt will do just tell me what I need to do to get one.
Sagansoul001
Sagansoul001
Count

Back to top Go down

Post by Flagmauth Fri Nov 22, 2013 2:59 pm

I'd be amazed if battle droids didn't come with those built in. IIRC the droids in the prequel trilogy had mounts on their backs for holding their blasters.
Flagmauth
Flagmauth

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next