TenThousand Rads Roleplaying
Welcome! If you're an existing user, kindly log in. If not, kindly register! We are a free-form RPing community of people who do not bite, unless you break the rules.

-Mycrodeeth, Site Owner

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome! If you're an existing user, kindly log in. If not, kindly register! We are a free-form RPing community of people who do not bite, unless you break the rules.

-Mycrodeeth, Site Owner
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Colonize & Conquer 2: Medieval Mayhem

+2
99luftballons
Flagmauth
6 posters

Page 4 of 14 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9 ... 14  Next

Go down

Colonize & Conquer 2: Medieval Mayhem - Page 4 Empty Re: Colonize & Conquer 2: Medieval Mayhem

Post by Sirius Lupin Mon Apr 22, 2013 6:59 pm

Finally, after 6 years, Octavius I finds the treacherous Adrianos and the remainder of the Royalists. A swift battle occurs that ends with the death of Adrianos- the last Royalist standing- the hands of Octavius's most trusted general Horatio Andronkos. It turns out that Octavius's suspicion that Adrianos was responsible for the kidnapping of the children was correct, for the man was using them for his revolutionary army. The children rescued were sent home.

With the civil war over, Octavius can finally focus on his war with the Ottomans.
Sirius Lupin
Sirius Lupin
Virtuoso

Back to top Go down

Colonize & Conquer 2: Medieval Mayhem - Page 4 Empty Re: Colonize & Conquer 2: Medieval Mayhem

Post by 99luftballons Tue Apr 23, 2013 6:21 pm

(Has Genoa and Savoy been swallowed by Lombardy already?)
99luftballons
99luftballons
Viceroy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sirius Lupin Tue Apr 23, 2013 8:22 pm

Octavius pushes his forces eastward in an attempt to reclaim the lands the Byzantines lost.
Sirius Lupin
Sirius Lupin
Virtuoso

Back to top Go down

Post by President WIN Sat Apr 27, 2013 9:40 pm

(Nice job on the map. Now just keep us updated on what happens with our actions, S.V.P., Mycro)
President WIN
President WIN
Bureaucromancer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sirius Lupin Sun Apr 28, 2013 1:35 am

(What's the status of the war with the Ottomans?"
Sirius Lupin
Sirius Lupin
Virtuoso

Back to top Go down

Post by Flagmauth Sun Apr 28, 2013 6:31 am

[The Ottomans largely have resolved their internal conflict and are starting to present a more or less cohesive front to Byzantium and its allies but momentum is still on the side of the Christians here. Expect progress to slow down majorly as the Ottomans' armies rally and stop the advance. And yes, PW, I plan to update the map regularly. Finally, Numbers, Genoa has been annexed by Lombardy but Savoy remains independent.]
Flagmauth
Flagmauth
Supreme Dictator-for-life

https://ttrroleplay.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post by President WIN Sun Apr 28, 2013 6:21 pm

(Actually, that's not what I meant; I was just referring to the fact that I have yet to hear what happened after;

President WIN wrote:Kalmar readies itself for battle. After a grand parade beneath the consecrated, but still far from finished, Kalmar Faith Cathedral (which is at this time Catholic), one sixth of the army is sent to march with Poland-Lithuania. Kalmar excuses the rest of the troops, saying that times are tense at home, and much of the army is still needed there. Kalmar promises to send more troops when things calm down.

Another one sixth of the Army moves just slightly east of central Kalmar, two sixths head south to fight bandits and guard the border when the northern German states eventually agree to Kalmar demands. The final two sixths stay in central Kalmar, awaiting orders to move out at a moment's notice.

Kalmar explorers in the west settle down and try to survive and thrive in the new(-ish) country

And Sirius and Numbers have to keep asking, "What's going on with ______"

The MAP I could care less about. No offense; like I said, it's a really nice addition, but it's not the meat of the thing.)
President WIN
President WIN
Bureaucromancer

Back to top Go down

Post by Flagmauth Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:19 pm

Alright. What exactly are you specifically wanting to hear about? Going off your post, the North Germans, Teutonic Order and Poland-Lithuania are all suspicious about your armies being held back. And the settling in the west (which, as I'm too lazy to look it up, I'm assuming is Greenland) is going pretty bad as Greenland's not a great place. Unless this is back when it was green...but again, don't feel like looking it up, so feel free to correct me on either account.
Flagmauth
Flagmauth

Back to top Go down

Post by President WIN Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:38 pm

(So, 1/6 of my army is helping Poland Lithuania - is that improving relations any? And how did my troops get there? And how is the war I'm fighting in conjunction with the Polish going?

Also, a third of my army is "on the border with the northern German states," which according to your map means they're moving (with boats) into coastal Brandenburg and the Teutonic Order.

(Technically, I meant it to be closer to what you've called "Hansa", because I didn't expect you to give a trading league a physical country, but oh well. Also, as a result of that, I'm probably going to de-emphasize my diplomatic efforts with them, because I'm not sure if in this universe their trading power is as great as it was IRL. So maybe I do want to put troops on the border with them. idk. They might be feeling jumpy anyway.)

Is everyone just ignoring my hostile troop movements?

Oh, and the western country was supposed to be Iceland, and maybe some of Greenland. But that doesn't matter much.

Also, did you mark a little something off the north of Scotland as mine, or is that a mistake?)

The Kalmar Union continues efforts to extend the range and durability of its ships, while its waiting.
President WIN
President WIN
Bureaucromancer

Back to top Go down

Post by Flagmauth Wed May 01, 2013 6:27 pm

Relations with the Allied countries (all those helping the Byzantines, including the Polish) have improved markedly. The northern German states are feeling increasingly skittish based on your troop movements; this was meant to have been conveyed earlier.

Yes, a little land north of Scotland belonged to Norway according to my reference map, so it therefore falls to Kalmar.
Flagmauth
Flagmauth

Back to top Go down

Post by 99luftballons Thu May 02, 2013 8:40 pm

Since Corsica is now under control of the Lombard league, the Italian navy heads south to help fight of Naples.
99luftballons
99luftballons
Viceroy

Back to top Go down

Post by President WIN Thu May 02, 2013 10:41 pm

Well, in that case, Kalmar troops move into Teutonic and Brandenburg coastal cities, claiming them as "bases for the mutual defense of mutual borders." All islands in the Baltic are seized if they haven't been already. By starvation if necessary.

Meanwhile, King Olaf proclaims his great pleasure with the ongoing alliance with the Hansa League, and announces new trade missions further southwest, to Holland and even Burgundy, Scotland and England.

(Out of curiosity, what is the range of my average ship, by your estimates? And how far would it be reasonable to go for trade, in this day and age?

And what else is going on in the world, besides our machinations?)

President WIN
President WIN
Bureaucromancer

Back to top Go down

Post by Flagmauth Fri May 03, 2013 3:50 pm

Brandenburg and the Order fight back against the apparently invading Kalmars (Roll for each).

Poland-Lithuania views this as a potential threat, and begins moving troops back from the lines in Anatolia. The Turks have lost momentum again and are flagging badly, pursued across the country by Austrians, Byzantines, Serbs and others.
Flagmauth
Flagmauth

Back to top Go down

Post by Flagmauth Fri May 03, 2013 3:50 pm

The member 'Mycrodeeth' has done the following action : Roll dice

'd20' : 16, 13
Flagmauth
Flagmauth

Back to top Go down

Post by Flagmauth Fri May 03, 2013 3:51 pm

Brandenburg troops manage to surprise and defeat the invading Kalmars in several places.

The Teutons, however, are less fortunate. Primarily concerned with the potential for conflict with Poland, they are caught off-guard and give a poor showing. Kalmar gains significant footholds on the Teutonic coastline.
Flagmauth
Flagmauth

Back to top Go down

Post by 99luftballons Tue May 07, 2013 7:56 pm

(Has anything happened in the Italian war, now that the navy is helping?)
99luftballons
99luftballons
Viceroy

Back to top Go down

Post by Flagmauth Tue May 07, 2013 8:06 pm

Naples' front collapses in its entirety. Italy has won the war, but its military strength is largely spent.
Flagmauth
Flagmauth

Back to top Go down

Post by President WIN Wed May 08, 2013 11:56 pm

Kalmar moves up its reserves (1/3 of its total army) to crush the Teutons. The original one sixth of the army that attacked the Teutons integrate with the greater army, some gaining leadership positions, others, including the wounded, falling back to Kalmar's Baltic islands, which begin to be foritfied.

The combined army (1/3 + roughly 1/6 = 1/2 of the total) pursue the leadership of the Teutons, such as it is, and demand their surrender, as well as continuing to sweep over the countryside. They promise the people will be treated fairly when conquest is finished.

Kalmar forces in Brandenburg, meanwhile, fall back and begin using hit and run tactics on their coastal cities, operating out of the newly fortified Baltic islands.

A Kalmar envoy moves to inform the Polish that they are in no danger; he points to the fact that 1/6 of the Kalmarian Army is fighting alongside the Polish against the ?Turks?. He does, however, mention that if they wanted to help Kalmar, some equitable distribution of the total conquered lands could be arranged.
President WIN
President WIN
Bureaucromancer

Back to top Go down

Post by 99luftballons Thu May 09, 2013 8:33 pm

The Italians are trying to absorb the former feudal state into their country, encouraging merchants and industry of the north to help incorporate Naples into Italy. A new vote (though only for merchants and lords) will be help for new Senate members.

The lords and merchants of Italy who had helped fund/provide for the war effort were given some of the land of the nobles who had supported the former king of Naples. Naples lords who where neutral or helping the Italians during the war may have received a few rewards as well.

The Italians want to have good relations with their northern nabour (Lombard League) and send diplomats north. The first thing that Italy wants is to create open borders with the Lombard League to promote trade between the two Italian powers.
99luftballons
99luftballons
Viceroy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sirius Lupin Wed May 15, 2013 10:07 pm

Octavius continues his crusade against the Ottomans.
Sirius Lupin
Sirius Lupin
Virtuoso

Back to top Go down

Post by Flagmauth Thu May 16, 2013 4:10 pm

The Polish announce their intentions to support the Teutons and Brandenburgers against the Kalmars' unwarranted aggression. Much of their forces have left the battlefields of Anatolia and are now appearing in the Order, fighting the Kalmar troops.
Flagmauth
Flagmauth

Back to top Go down

Post by 99luftballons Thu May 16, 2013 5:39 pm

Italy decides to build more ships (since it has quite a bit of coastline), for trade and also for battle. The Italians are trying to open more trade relations with Tunisia, Triploli, the Mamluks, and Serbia.
99luftballons
99luftballons
Viceroy

Back to top Go down

Post by President WIN Thu May 16, 2013 7:10 pm

(Wait wait what? If the Polish move against Kalmar, what happens to all the Kalmarians who were with Polish as part of our MILITARY ARRANGEMENT?)
President WIN
President WIN
Bureaucromancer

Back to top Go down

Post by Flagmauth Thu May 16, 2013 7:30 pm

[The Polish pulled their troops out of Anatolia. Basically, nothing's happening with the Kalmari troops in Anatolia, unless you're pulling them back to help fight Poland (which I recommend, they're the premier power in that area).]
Flagmauth
Flagmauth

Back to top Go down

Post by President WIN Thu May 16, 2013 10:40 pm

(Well, I was kind of hoping that Poland would understand that because I was helping them, they are not targets of this "aggression" and that I was hoping to be allies with them. I'll try one more thing to that effect before switching tactics.)

Kalmar sends a diplomat at the first signs of trouble with Poland-Lithuania. He hurries to explain that the Polish need not feel threatened at all. After a repetition of the official story that Kalmar is only acting to defend its borders from southern aggression, he comes to the important part.

Kalmar is not really interested in all of the territory it is attacking. In exchange for their continued friendship and military aid (this time in the Northern Campaign, rather than Anatolia), Kalmar offers Poland-Lithuania all of the Teutonic lands to the North of its present borders, except for the islands. (i.e. Poland gets most of it.)
President WIN
President WIN
Bureaucromancer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 14 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9 ... 14  Next