TenThousand Rads Roleplaying
Welcome! If you're an existing user, kindly log in. If not, kindly register! We are a free-form RPing community of people who do not bite, unless you break the rules.

-Mycrodeeth, Site Owner

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome! If you're an existing user, kindly log in. If not, kindly register! We are a free-form RPing community of people who do not bite, unless you break the rules.

-Mycrodeeth, Site Owner
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Paradigm Shift: Monolith of the Rebellion

4 posters

Page 2 of 31 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16 ... 31  Next

Go down

Paradigm Shift: Monolith of the Rebellion - Page 2 Empty Re: Paradigm Shift: Monolith of the Rebellion

Post by Helsing Sat Dec 24, 2016 9:08 pm

Monolith thought about continuing this, but then he realized that this was an opportunity. There was no problem proving this boy wrong. In fact, it only served to work for him instead of against him. Looking around, he saw boxes upon boxes in the building crossed from him.

A storage complex.

He passed through the floors and ran to the other building, checking every floor to make sure that there wasn't anyone in the building. Once he found that there wasn't even a single light on, nor was there a sign of anyone being in their for quite some time, he grinned. He jumped to the roof and then looked over at Sonorus.

"I you do not leave, I will have to repeat my next demonstration."

Before Sonorus could wonder what Monolith was doing, he lightened himself to the point that he was little more than air. he jumped to the sky, and rose up a hundred feet. Then, he came down like a meteor.

Monolith crashed into the building that Sonorus stood on with a force similar to that of a small meteor.

The foundation of the building shattered in an instant. The building crumbled like a house of cards in a storm. The streets all around it shook, as if an earthquake had hit. The closest cars were nearly flipped completely over by the force and most of the careened out of control. Luckily it was a residentual zone and most people weren't going to fast. People were still hurt, but none were going to die.

With his footholds destroyed, Sonorus now literally had no ground to stand on. But through the dust something grabbed his leg and pulled him from the rubble. It took him to the roof of the other building before setting him down. Monolith walked a few steps away before glancing at the building behind them.

"Would you like another demonstration?"
Helsing
Helsing
The Marksman

Location : Take a left at the pile of dead bodies. Then go forward until you get to Hell, if you reach satan's place you've gone to far.

Back to top Go down

Paradigm Shift: Monolith of the Rebellion - Page 2 Empty Re: Paradigm Shift: Monolith of the Rebellion

Post by A Blind Guy Sun Dec 25, 2016 7:20 pm

Rather than a verbal response, Monolith was greeted with a wall of sound and force, coming from the building. The sound hit him full force but was not heard or felt 20 feet away.
A Blind Guy
A Blind Guy
Molestor of Gods

Back to top Go down

Post by Helsing Sun Dec 25, 2016 10:21 pm

Monolith was thrown from the ceiling from the sound wave and crashed into the street below. The impact hurt, but it was more the annoyed hurt than actual physical damage. Monolith dragged himself from the street and reached out for the closest thing he could use as a weapon.

Which happened to be a light-pole. The metal pin popped straight out of the ground like it was intended to do due to collision. Monolith took a stance similar to a batter before swinging the now, ultra dense metal pole at the building. It hit the side with a force similar to an artillery shell, tearing straight through the building and sending bricks shotgunning through the remainder of the building.

In a single strike, Monolith had destroyed a good 80% of the building. He increased his density till the ground under him started to crack from his weight. He wasn't going to be pushed back again.
Helsing
Helsing
The Marksman

Location : Take a left at the pile of dead bodies. Then go forward until you get to Hell, if you reach satan's place you've gone to far.

Back to top Go down

Post by A Blind Guy Mon Dec 26, 2016 2:06 pm

Sonorous rolls rolls out of the way of the debrise and sends a loud bass through the cracked concrete under Monolith, jumping to the roof of an adjacent building.
A Blind Guy
A Blind Guy
Molestor of Gods

Back to top Go down

Post by Helsing Mon Dec 26, 2016 7:16 pm

The ground begins to give way and Monolith jumps to the same building with Sonorus. He looks at his opponent and smiles under his mask.

"You have power, but you lack imagination when using it."

Helsing
Helsing
The Marksman

Back to top Go down

Post by Flagmauth Tue Dec 27, 2016 12:37 am

Flashing lights and sirens approaching, from the west. A black van encased in slabs of armor and with a turret atop its roof glides around the corner and stops, the noise of its sirens dying. The doors swing open and half a dozen PRT troopers swarm out, taking position at a respectful distance while the two capes are occupied. The large nozzle of the turret swivels to face them but they take no further action - two unidentified capes, one hostile and one unknown, capable of this level of casual destruction? They don't dare engage, not without backup from the heroes.
Flagmauth
Flagmauth
Supreme Dictator-for-life

https://ttrroleplay.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Helsing Tue Dec 27, 2016 1:48 pm

Monolith glanced down at the cars. They would be blaring the sirens for hours upon hours if they were still there. He weighed the light pole in his hand and glanced to Sonorus.

"My, those officers were quite nice to arrange themselves like bowling pins. Keep up this fight, and I just might have to practice my strike."

His gaze hardened "You're slippery, and I won't be able to get a clean hit without others getting in the way. I'm here to start a revolution, not a corpse pile. However, I am willing to make exceptions if you don't see sense. Either we go our separate ways, or the boy count goes up. Your choice."
Helsing
Helsing
The Marksman

Back to top Go down

Post by A Blind Guy Tue Dec 27, 2016 7:13 pm

"I sent you through two building and across three streets,  your head must be real dense there pal. "  Sonorous says, tapping his headphones.

"And another thing, you really need to work on your sales pitch. What happens after this "revolution " of yours?"
A Blind Guy
A Blind Guy
Molestor of Gods

Back to top Go down

Post by Helsing Tue Dec 27, 2016 9:04 pm

The irony of the last sentence was not lost on Monolith who took a second to thank his mask's existence so he could cover his smile.

"I will speak to those who are willing to listen, you will not listen."
Helsing
Helsing
The Marksman

Back to top Go down

Post by A Blind Guy Tue Dec 27, 2016 9:25 pm

"Moved here around 5 or so years ago, why?"
A Blind Guy
A Blind Guy
Molestor of Gods

Back to top Go down

Post by Helsing Tue Dec 27, 2016 9:39 pm

Monolith shakes his head "Than you really don't know."

He points with his light pole "Pick a street, any street and there's a chance that a villain, an insane parahuman is running it. Filling men, woman and children in that jurisdiction with drugs, debt and fear. And what to do the protectorite do? Nothing! They sit ideally by while the world continues to shift around them. A true hero has not stepped foot in this city for years."

He looks out over the city, at the buildings, the PRT "You might call me a villain, and I'm sure that many will. But with every action that I take from now onward, will show the city that they aren't doing enough. That they are heroes, and it is their duty to serve the people! Every aspect! Villian's cannot be allowed to run the streets, and the Heroes must remember the evils of the world before the next endbringer attack."

Monolith takes a breath and looks to Sonorus "That is my revolution. Not to rule the world, but to show it the reasons of why it needs to change for the better. If that doesn't happen, then we never should have bothered stopping the first endbringer attack. If we keep going, we're nothing more than cattle for the slaughter. But I for one will not stand aside and let that happen. I'm going to change this city, and the world if I can. I'll take down the Slaughterhouse, I'll burn the Empire to the ground, I'll get rid of it all. But I'll do it without the Ward's help. And I know that I'm not the only one, there are others. And if they are willing, they will come."

He stops, takes a breath and drops the light pole, letting it hit the ground with a clang.

"That is why I fight, now, why do you fight Sonorus?"
Helsing
Helsing
The Marksman

Back to top Go down

Post by A Blind Guy Thu Dec 29, 2016 12:18 pm

"I don't have a profound mission statement like you, I'm just a hero for fun. Don't get me wrong I want to help people but I can only do so much. "
A Blind Guy
A Blind Guy
Molestor of Gods

Back to top Go down

Post by Helsing Thu Dec 29, 2016 9:06 pm

"You could help so much more if you were part of something bigger, something that could become something greater."

Monolith looked straight at Sonorus "If you truly want to make a true difference, that you may join Impetus, and become a true force of good."
Helsing
Helsing
The Marksman

Back to top Go down

Post by A Blind Guy Fri Dec 30, 2016 12:25 pm

"Hm, I'm more open towards joining you now, that should have been your opening line, you need a PR guy. "
A Blind Guy
A Blind Guy
Molestor of Gods

Back to top Go down

Post by A Blind Guy Fri Dec 30, 2016 12:30 pm

"... And you said true way too many times."
A Blind Guy
A Blind Guy
Molestor of Gods

Back to top Go down

Post by Helsing Fri Dec 30, 2016 4:11 pm

Monolith shrugs "I admit, that I'm lacking in some areas. But I am willing to change, unlike the world. But are you willing? because if so, we need to leave, now."
Helsing
Helsing
The Marksman

Back to top Go down

Post by A Blind Guy Fri Dec 30, 2016 5:02 pm

"If you can swear that innocent lives will be protected at all costs, i am willing."
A Blind Guy
A Blind Guy
Molestor of Gods

Back to top Go down

Post by BerrySayRoar Fri Dec 30, 2016 5:07 pm

"Hey whoa whoa whoa. Sorry for interrupting your little pep talk" Came a voice above them. Standing sideways to the building adjacent to them was a man, wearing a suit that looked like a knockoff of tron legacy armor, came running down and walks over to them. "If you guys have some time I would like to propose a little job for us. A quick way to make some money."
BerrySayRoar
BerrySayRoar
Adept

Back to top Go down

Post by Helsing Fri Dec 30, 2016 5:13 pm

"It is for the people that Impetus will exist." Monolith says "Welcome to the change Sonorus."

He turned when the newcomer came and Monolith's first reaction was to ready himself for an attack. Call him paranoid, but he had been through a bit.

"First a name for the messenger, than an explanation for what you're talking about."
Helsing
Helsing
The Marksman

Back to top Go down

Post by BerrySayRoar Fri Dec 30, 2016 5:15 pm

"Right of course." He clears his throat "I wont give my real name but you may refer to me as Levitate." Bows his head. "At your service. As for explanation, I first would like to know if you are interested or not."
BerrySayRoar
BerrySayRoar
Adept

Back to top Go down

Post by Helsing Fri Dec 30, 2016 5:54 pm

"Depends on how willing you are to share information. And how fast you're willing to run before the wards get here."
Helsing
Helsing
The Marksman

Back to top Go down

Post by A Blind Guy Fri Dec 30, 2016 6:05 pm

"What's the job? Don't worry about the cops, as far as they're concerned we're speaking with saxophones. " Sonorous says, pointing to the cops.
A Blind Guy
A Blind Guy
Molestor of Gods

Back to top Go down

Post by Flagmauth Fri Dec 30, 2016 6:06 pm

The PRT officers had indeed made note of the apparent Master/Stranger effect scrambling the noises coming from the rooftop. They tentatively assumed that the newcomer was responsible.
Flagmauth
Flagmauth
Supreme Dictator-for-life

https://ttrroleplay.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post by A Blind Guy Fri Dec 30, 2016 6:38 pm

"Well there's one place I may have been on my way to scout out before Mono-boi and I met up. " Sonorous says.
A Blind Guy
A Blind Guy
Molestor of Gods

Back to top Go down

Post by Helsing Fri Dec 30, 2016 8:11 pm

"I have a place where we will be able to discuss business in simple terms."

He glanced at Sonorus "Are you old enough to drink?"
Helsing
Helsing
The Marksman

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 31 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16 ... 31  Next