TenThousand Rads Roleplaying
Welcome! If you're an existing user, kindly log in. If not, kindly register! We are a free-form RPing community of people who do not bite, unless you break the rules.

-Mycrodeeth, Site Owner

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome! If you're an existing user, kindly log in. If not, kindly register! We are a free-form RPing community of people who do not bite, unless you break the rules.

-Mycrodeeth, Site Owner
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Imperialism

+6
Tassadar
Sirius Lupin
Doomwing
Death*Knight
Savurl
Flagmauth
10 posters

Page 37 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

Imperialism - Page 37 Empty Re: Imperialism

Post by Doomwing Thu Dec 15, 2011 9:50 pm

(Yeah alex, should take like... 4 Months based on the Distance and Lack of Experience with that sort of thing)

The Irish Send a smaller ship to provide aid to the U.S Ship incase of a Disaster. They Inform of the U.S of a Gap in the Asteroid belt which would make it easier to get to Jupiter.

Meanwhile... Construction finishes on the Giant Super Laser on the Surface of the Moon. It Rests Deep under the Surface of the moon and would take a roll of 21 or higher to spot it.

When activated it Rises out of the Surface and Fires.
Doomwing
Doomwing
Adept

Back to top Go down

Post by Tassadar Thu Dec 15, 2011 11:01 pm

[21? Kinda unrealistic seeing as how we can only roll up to 20, or was that a typo.]

The US thanks the Irish for the information and safeguard of the crew of the still experimental craft. For the moment, they are uneasy about a giant laser on the moon, and using the last coordinates from the observation post, program the base into the Space defense network, but for now, they leave the Irish alone.

[new engine design. Will increase travel time to a week tho]
Tassadar
Tassadar
Adept

Back to top Go down

Post by Doomwing Fri Dec 16, 2011 6:33 am

(Alex You really do have to Roll to know it is there... and I did mean 21 meaning it is IMPOSSIBLE to know it is on the moon.)
Doomwing
Doomwing
Adept

Back to top Go down

Post by Tassadar Fri Dec 16, 2011 6:59 am

[ian, I saw you set up, therefore I already know where it is. You can't roll 21s, so that's a load of bull.]
Tassadar
Tassadar
Adept

Back to top Go down

Post by Flagmauth Fri Dec 16, 2011 3:56 pm

[Alex is right.]

Britain's foreign minister, in a casual, roundabout sort of way, manages to ask the Americans if they would support the Free European Alliance in an offensive war. Hypothetically speaking, of course.
Flagmauth
Flagmauth
Supreme Dictator-for-life

https://ttrroleplay.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Tassadar Fri Dec 16, 2011 4:23 pm

America's ambassador, seeing through the British vocab, strongly discourages a war against the Commies.
Tassadar
Tassadar
Adept

Back to top Go down

Post by President WIN Sat Dec 17, 2011 4:19 am

( Consider the Physics involved. You all will hate me for doing this, but just consider.

Alex also used my railgun launcher, so I believe he could reach very high speeds. Still, to reach Jupiter in a week, one would have to travel an average of 1041.667 km/sec. Jupiter being 630,000,000 km away, and you having 604,800 seconds to get there in.

I estimate that the launcher could get him up to between 12-15km/sec if based on current models, and given that the current space speed record equates to about 11 km/sec, I figure that the added effectiveness of his new engines and fuel must be a boost of 1018.667 - 1021.667.

However, there could be a mitigating factor involved here. Given the potential space I have to build my launcher, I could extend the track, and thus extend the change in velocity, over, say, thousands more kilometers than the current "optimal model." Hence, I could increase the velocity to, say, 67,093.75 km/sec, before leaving the atmosphere.

At that rate of travel, you could reach Jupiter in less than three hours, so just use Alex's engines to slow the thing down and steer, and you could be there in less than a day.)
President WIN
President WIN
Bureaucromancer

Back to top Go down

Post by Flagmauth Sat Dec 17, 2011 4:55 am

[The issue, of course, being to not rip the ship apart from the stress nor to splatter the crew all out across the interior.
Flagmauth
Flagmauth

Back to top Go down

Post by Tassadar Sat Dec 17, 2011 7:01 am

[did no one notice it was a new ship designed to handle that kind of stress? Or maybe the new engines powerful enough to do that?]
Tassadar
Tassadar
Adept

Back to top Go down

Post by Tassadar Sat Dec 17, 2011 7:04 am

[except trey who actually figured this stuff out.]
Tassadar
Tassadar
Adept

Back to top Go down

Post by Flagmauth Sat Dec 17, 2011 7:32 am

[A ship capable of handling that kind of acceleration is physically impossible (as far as I know, feel free to prove me wrong here), and if you mount an engine capable of doing that on the ship itself it would have to be bigger than would be practical. Trey's Earth-based launch system is far more efficient, and less likely to disintegrate under the stress of launching your ship owing to increased stability from it being attached to the planet. However, even assuming acceleration at that level was possible without reducing your ship to a flying junkyard, your crew still needs to live through the launch, which they absolutely CANNOT do under the conditions Trey described.]
Flagmauth
Flagmauth

Back to top Go down

Post by President WIN Sat Dec 17, 2011 9:03 pm

(The greatest problem with the acceleration, as far as I know, is the drag caused by friction with the air, so that's one problem that could be worked on and solved. Especially once the ship exits the atmosphere this won't be a problem.

As far as the crew goes, contained within the capsule, the crew would be fine. The human body is not damaged so much by extreme speeds as it is by extreme acceleration or extreme decceleration, ( to the best of my knowledge.)

As I mentioned, with around 10,000 km to reach to get up to speed the acceleration could be quite gradual though I believe I will reduce my final speed figure by 1/2, as the original model I based the figure on did say that such acceleration would be too much for the human body to handle, so half as much acceleration, (and half as much final velocity as a result) should make it tolerable to a human crew.

I really hope I'm not boring anyone here, I find this kind of fascinating.)
President WIN
President WIN
Bureaucromancer

Back to top Go down

Post by Tassadar Sun Dec 18, 2011 4:46 pm

Tassadar
Tassadar
Adept

Back to top Go down

Post by Flagmauth Sun Dec 18, 2011 4:46 pm

The member 'Tassadar' has done the following action : Roll dice

'd20' : 13
Flagmauth
Flagmauth

Back to top Go down

Post by Tassadar Sun Dec 18, 2011 10:01 pm

The US officially sends its condolences to Korea. Unofficially, the biggest party is thrown at undisclosed locations around the US. Of course, Korea does not know of the parties.
Tassadar
Tassadar
Adept

Back to top Go down

Post by Tassadar Sun Dec 18, 2011 10:02 pm

[yes that's right. Kim Jong Il croaked!!]
Tassadar
Tassadar
Adept

Back to top Go down

Post by Flagmauth Sun Dec 18, 2011 10:38 pm

[Pretty sure he actually died a while ago - he was too nuts for Sarov's administration to consider stable, so he had an "accident" or something.]
Flagmauth
Flagmauth

Back to top Go down

Post by Doomwing Mon Dec 19, 2011 12:17 am

(No Jeff he really Did Die. In the Real World he is Offically Dead.)
Doomwing
Doomwing
Adept

Back to top Go down

Post by Flagmauth Mon Dec 19, 2011 12:28 am

[Aha. I am most pleased Very Happy SUCK IT NORTH KOREA]
Flagmauth
Flagmauth

Back to top Go down

Post by Tassadar Mon Dec 19, 2011 12:52 am

[he actually died Saturday on a train due to "heart failure caused by mental and physical stresses". Officially, NK is in mourn for the loss of a "great leader". Unofficially, the citizens of NK are partying like they never have before (probably)]
Tassadar
Tassadar
Adept

Back to top Go down

Post by President WIN Mon Dec 19, 2011 3:29 pm

(Actually, they can't party, because they're all starving to death, and Kim's son is taking over the country. If possible, things might just have gone from bad to worse. Where once there was a power mad dictator with military backing, now there's a juvenile incompetent power mad dictator, who is partially supported by the also power mad military.

By the way, has anyone noticed the obvious pun, Kim Jong Ill is now Kim Jong Dead?)
President WIN
President WIN
Bureaucromancer

Back to top Go down

Post by Doomwing Mon Dec 19, 2011 3:56 pm

(Oh well Kim Jong Un is a Piece of crap)
Doomwing
Doomwing
Adept

Back to top Go down

Post by Flagmauth Mon Dec 19, 2011 11:14 pm

[That statement holds for N. Korea in general.]

The Free Europeans launch their offensive. Britain runs naval and air support for Holland, Belgium, and Denmark as they attack Germany and France, while Norway and Sweden push into the Finnish SSR. Germany and France stop the ill-planned attacks almost at the border and begin to drive the invaders back to their own countries.

The Norwegians and Swedes make great gains through Finland. Russia condemns the attack on their soil, but nothing appears to have been done yet.

India requests the ISE yield their territory on the subcontinent to Indian control, as well as requesting the United States yield Pakistan, as there's nothing for them to gain from it and the Pakistanis are more or less pro-Indian (remember, what is now India is mostly Pakistani anyway, so the Hindu-Muslim stuff is almost nonexistent thanks to the mass suicide).
Flagmauth
Flagmauth

Back to top Go down

Post by Tassadar Tue Dec 20, 2011 11:49 am

The US condemns the unprovoked attack and considers leaving the countries to the ICC. Thinking better of it, they move troops into Britain, Sweden, and Norway. The USN conducts training missions off the Norwiegen coast. Due to a problem in the comms network, the Indian request is lost in transmission.
Tassadar
Tassadar
Adept

Back to top Go down

Post by President WIN Tue Dec 20, 2011 1:03 pm

The ISE ignores the ICC request on behalf of the indians, as they are caught up with a much bigger move;

The ISE soldiers in France, an interesting mix of French soldiers and Brazilian, who have been couped up on ISE property within France for a long time now, finally move out. They begin arresting hostile soldiers at gunpoint, individually if possible.

The troops use insurgent/counter-insurgent tactics avoiding confrontations with civilians when possible. The troops are by this time all quite fluent in French. They try to make it quite clear to the French citizenry that all they are doing is liberating France from the unholy influence of the ICC and trying to fix their mistakes of the past.

If outright fighting breaks out between ICC soldiers and ISE soldiers, the ISE switches tactics and goes for blitzkrieg style attack to get the majority of the ICC trrops out of France quickly before reinforcements arrive.

(While I can't guarrantee that this will work, I urge you to remember that France isn't a huge country, and I doubt the ICC would waste much of its forces trying to "secure" the country regions, especially because the "ISE property" which has been troop inhabited all this time is in the major cities. Again though, you decide where you had forces, and my logic doesn't neccessarily apply, obviously.)

(Assuming that the "blitzkrieg" goes well) The ISE expediently sends home all captured ICC forces, while setting up a new government in France. The presidency is made accountable to the people, and turned over to Jean-Pierre Gousteau, (Hassarde is imprisoned by the ISE military) a former member of the Nationalist party, who joined the communist party while it was in power so as not to lose his influence. He is a well known moderate, and refuses to hold office in the long-term, stating that popular elections will be held as soon as all the foreign military is gone, although in the meantime, he does terminate all foreign associations and memberships.

Indeed, that is the final act of the ISE in this regard. As their final attempt at reconcilliation with the French people, the French military that had been absorbed into the ISE are released from their obligations, and returned to French control. The ISE sends replacements for anything that got broken in all the fighting, and returns several nuclear war heads to France as an act of good faith. Then, the ISE pulls withdraws out of France proper.

The ISE makes promises that if the ICC tries to reclaim France militarily it will retaliate on behalf of the French. France is now free to pursue whatever interests it so chooses, as it is returned to its pre-imperial state. The ISE offers any extra help France needs, and reminds them that the offer to join the ISE is always open.

(Yes, the Soviets don't just sit there, yes, there were casualties on both sides, and yes, this was hard to pull off. But the main thing was to get most ICC troops neutralized at least long enough for this all to happen. That should mean that this took maybe a week if it were IRL, short enough that the ICC would not be able to launch a massive and complete response before the operations of the ISE were complete. I discount any supposed ICC state of alert for the ISE troops in France, simply because the troops had been so passive for such a long time. The troops had spent their time in France up till now doing more damage to the ICC's image than to its soldiers.)

President WIN
President WIN
Bureaucromancer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 37 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum