TenThousand Rads Roleplaying
Welcome! If you're an existing user, kindly log in. If not, kindly register! We are a free-form RPing community of people who do not bite, unless you break the rules.

-Mycrodeeth, Site Owner

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome! If you're an existing user, kindly log in. If not, kindly register! We are a free-form RPing community of people who do not bite, unless you break the rules.

-Mycrodeeth, Site Owner
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Paradigm Shift II: Official Hero Boogaloo

5 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Paradigm Shift II: Official Hero Boogaloo Empty Paradigm Shift II: Official Hero Boogaloo

Post by Flagmauth Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:22 pm

PARADIGM SHIFT

THREAD II

It's April 8th, 2017 and Brockton Bay, NH, is an okay place to live. Recently, the local Parahuman Response Team office issued a formal announcement that a new hero group had been founded in the city and was beginning operations alongside the Protectorate and New Wave. Impetus, originally a vigilante group, had only three official members:

• Monolith, the group's founder and leader, had super strength, super toughness and could turn intangible.
  • Sonorous, the second-in-command, had the ability to generate and manipulate sound waves.
  • Sandstorm, the group's only female member, with the ability to change her body into animate sand and back.

At least, this was the official information available from the PRT. Impetus' website went into a little bit more detail, though it mysteriously continued to fail to mention the former supervillains Uber & Leet being affiliated with the group. Additionally, the team had just lost two members. Levitate had formally resigned, while Wargame had simply stopped turning up at the group's headquarters.

Fortunately, Monolith and Sonorous received a note from Uber & Leet saying that Impetus' recruitment page had recently received two messages from capes expressing interest in joining up. Wasn't that convenient?

Last edited by Flagmauth on Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:09 pm; edited 3 times in total
Flagmauth
Flagmauth
Supreme Dictator-for-life

https://ttrroleplay.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Paradigm Shift II: Official Hero Boogaloo Empty Re: Paradigm Shift II: Official Hero Boogaloo

Post by A Blind Guy Thu Jan 04, 2018 12:49 pm

Sonorous looked over the note. "New blood huh? I'll take one, you take the other?"
A Blind Guy
A Blind Guy
Molestor of Gods

Back to top Go down

Paradigm Shift II: Official Hero Boogaloo Empty Re: Paradigm Shift II: Official Hero Boogaloo

Post by Helsing Thu Jan 04, 2018 3:51 pm

Convenient, and rather suspect.

That was Monolith's first opinion to the messages. Then again, there's no point in hitting a gift horse in the mouth. He nodded to Sonorus and went down to find Ober and Leet in their little hideout playing some sort of video game that involved knights in armour and some giant.... was that a tree?

Ignoring it for a second, he gets one of their attention.

"Did the messages have any place where they wanted to meet?"
Helsing
Helsing
The Marksman

Location : Take a left at the pile of dead bodies. Then go forward until you get to Hell, if you reach satan's place you've gone to far.

Back to top Go down

Post by Flagmauth Thu Jan 04, 2018 5:35 pm

"What mess- oh. Nah. They figured we'd tell them where to go to meet." Uber said, not looking away from the screen as Leet narrowly avoided death.
Flagmauth
Flagmauth

Back to top Go down

Post by Helsing Fri Jan 05, 2018 10:41 pm

London nods, leaning towards the screen that didn't have someone swinging a sword.

"Can you tell me a bit more about them? Beyond that they want to join."
Helsing
Helsing
The Marksman

Location : Take a left at the pile of dead bodies. Then go forward until you get to Hell, if you reach satan's place you've gone to far.

Back to top Go down

Post by Flagmauth Sat Jan 06, 2018 12:15 pm

"One of them says his name's Grant and he has some kind of sensory processing power. The way he worded it it sounds like he's a Thinker, I guess. The other didn't say his name, only that he has electric powers. And like I said, both of them wanted us to tell them where to meet, so it doesn't sound like they're setting up a trap or anything."
Flagmauth
Flagmauth

Back to top Go down

Post by Helsing Sat Jan 06, 2018 12:45 pm

London nods and glances to Tom.

"With how things are going, we can't exactly waste much time. I'll take the electric, and you can have the thinker."

He turns back to Uber and Leet.

"Have the electric meet me at Cafe Janes in about two hours if he can. Tom can pick the place for Grant."
Helsing
Helsing
The Marksman

Back to top Go down

Post by A Blind Guy Sat Jan 06, 2018 6:09 pm

"There's a diner not too far from there, I'll meet the other guy there."
A Blind Guy
A Blind Guy
Molestor of Gods

Back to top Go down

Post by Flagmauth Sat Jan 06, 2018 10:58 pm

Stan pulled out his phone and started typing something, presumably what London had just said.

A few hours later and Monolith was at Cafe Janes, while Sonorous was just entering Burgatory.
Flagmauth
Flagmauth

Back to top Go down

Post by 99luftballons Sun Jan 07, 2018 5:25 pm

Sarah Conner entered Cafe Janes in her make-shift costume. She had made it a point to show up 30 seconds before the meetings intended time - to avoid the awkwardness of sitting in a hastily crafted costume in the middle of an "ordinary crowd". Needless to say, it didn't take her very long to spot her interviewer as he stood out from the rest of the Cafe's occupants in his full costume. As soon as she spotted him she waved shyly in his direction, although he'd probably already gathered that she was here for the interview based on her appearance. Then she made her was slowly towards Monolith.
99luftballons
99luftballons
Viceroy

Back to top Go down

Post by BerrySayRoar Sun Jan 07, 2018 8:48 pm

The one that they assumed was named Grant walked it wearing what seems to be casual everyday clothes with the finishing touch of pair of goggles resting on his forehead. The goggles as one can see seem to have interchangeable lenses. Grant sat down at a table set for two waiting.
BerrySayRoar
BerrySayRoar
Adept

Back to top Go down

Post by Helsing Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:40 am

One of the few perks of living in Brockton Bay, you could go almost anywhere in full costume and very few people bat an eye. That is of course, so long as you were a hero. Some gave him dark glares, others however were taking the moment to actually thank him for his work.

Something about beating an Empire 88 member if he remembered correctly. As fun as it was, he was here on business.

So when the new cape in the new costume came in, he straightened up. When she waved he waved back. He would have smiled if he didn't have his mask, but no one would be able to tell anyway.

He gestured to the seat and waited for her to sit down.

"Nice costume work," he mentions as she gets closer.

Always open with casual conversation. Make people feel relaxed, easier to talk that way.
Helsing
Helsing
The Marksman

Back to top Go down

Post by A Blind Guy Mon Jan 08, 2018 3:20 pm

Tom scanned the room until he found Grant, walking over to the table he sat down across from him. 

"Sweet goggles."
A Blind Guy
A Blind Guy
Molestor of Gods

Back to top Go down

Post by BerrySayRoar Mon Jan 08, 2018 5:07 pm

He blinks out of whatever he was staring at nothing for. He looks up at Sonorus directly in his eyes, "Are you the recruiter I am waiting for?"
BerrySayRoar
BerrySayRoar
Adept

Back to top Go down

Post by 99luftballons Tue Jan 09, 2018 12:31 pm

Sarah sat down in front of Monolith "Thanks. Best I could do in short order."

Sarah then looked at Monolith for him to start the interview process - not bothering to look at the menu. Frankly, she had no idea what such a process might look like.
99luftballons
99luftballons
Viceroy

Back to top Go down

Post by Helsing Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:08 am

Monolith waited and leaned back in his chair.

"It's not half bad, better than my first addition," he comments, still keeping up the casual persona.

"But before we begin, I have to ask. Why Impetus? You're not exactly lacking options, not in this city."
Helsing
Helsing
The Marksman

Back to top Go down

Post by 99luftballons Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:13 pm

Sarah smiled "I imagine you know why I didn't apply to New Wave. Particularly considering most of my family lives here or in nearby cities."

She seemed to get uncomfortable, but hid it well by pretending to scan the menu. She absently ordered a water from the waiter before giving her response "um...when I gained my powers...well, it was in part because of someone who escaped Protectorate custody..."

"And he wasn't even one of the stronger ones..." Sarah finished. She figured that Monolith would understand why she had her reservations of the Protectorate.
99luftballons
99luftballons
Viceroy

Back to top Go down

Post by A Blind Guy Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:15 pm

Tom sits down accross from him, "depends who's asking. What's your name?"
A Blind Guy
A Blind Guy
Molestor of Gods

Back to top Go down

Post by BerrySayRoar Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:21 pm

"It's rude to not say your own name first before asking a stranger's." He turn his head and stares as the cashier took money and was getting the customer's change. "It's Grant Morrison."
BerrySayRoar
BerrySayRoar
Adept

Back to top Go down

Post by Helsing Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:46 pm

Monolith listened intensely, allowing every word to come through without problem. Eventually, he nodded.

"You want justice?"

Helsing
Helsing
The Marksman

Back to top Go down

Post by A Blind Guy Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:58 am

"Because you already know mine. Anyway, tell me Grant, what can you do?" Tom distorts the sound around them to make sure they aren't overheard.
A Blind Guy
A Blind Guy
Molestor of Gods

Back to top Go down

Post by 99luftballons Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:12 am

"I want to keep those I care about safe" Sarah responded. Justice was of secondary concern.
99luftballons
99luftballons
Viceroy

Back to top Go down

Post by Helsing Sun Jan 14, 2018 1:47 pm

"As do I, but you know that some things that you'll have to do to ensure that, they won't be nice. I won't force you, but you need to be prepared for that. Are you ok with that?" Monolith asks.
Helsing
Helsing
The Marksman

Back to top Go down

Post by BerrySayRoar Sun Jan 14, 2018 4:53 pm

"I can process things faster than any living being in this world. Probably. These include my senses."
BerrySayRoar
BerrySayRoar
Adept

Back to top Go down

Post by 99luftballons Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:33 pm

"Yes...I think so" Sarah responded. She was sure walking in, that she would/could do everything in her power to help those around her. But now she was forced to say her conviction out loud, she wasn't 100% sure anymore.
99luftballons
99luftballons
Viceroy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next