TenThousand Rads Roleplaying
Welcome! If you're an existing user, kindly log in. If not, kindly register! We are a free-form RPing community of people who do not bite, unless you break the rules.

-Mycrodeeth, Site Owner

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome! If you're an existing user, kindly log in. If not, kindly register! We are a free-form RPing community of people who do not bite, unless you break the rules.

-Mycrodeeth, Site Owner
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A World of Dust and Souls

4 posters

Page 39 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

A World of Dust and Souls - Page 39 Empty Re: A World of Dust and Souls

Post by A Blind Guy Mon Oct 08, 2018 10:10 am

"Well I would say the pleasure is mine, but I don't know your name."
A Blind Guy
A Blind Guy
Molestor of Gods

Back to top Go down

Post by Helsing Mon Oct 08, 2018 12:08 pm

She smiled, the action both beeming and sad same time.

"I am Ashaka, Goddess of Potential."
Helsing
Helsing
The Marksman

Location : Take a left at the pile of dead bodies. Then go forward until you get to Hell, if you reach satan's place you've gone to far.

Back to top Go down

Post by A Blind Guy Mon Oct 08, 2018 12:41 pm

"Well the pl-... wait, you're a goddess? well that explains a lot. Tell me, I shouldn't have taken a bite of that apple right?"
A Blind Guy
A Blind Guy
Molestor of Gods

Back to top Go down

Post by Helsing Mon Oct 08, 2018 1:47 pm

"There are many outcomes stemming from that particular choice. Most of them in which you don't, end in your death."
Helsing
Helsing
The Marksman

Location : Take a left at the pile of dead bodies. Then go forward until you get to Hell, if you reach satan's place you've gone to far.

Back to top Go down

Post by Flagmauth Mon Oct 08, 2018 5:03 pm

Okay, good. Nisha and Tyson were safe. She didn't see Team RWBY but she also didn't see their bodies so that was probably good. And the blue thing was probably Sterling? "Yeah, I think he's gotten good at not understanding after spending so much time with Nisha, so he should be fine. So...now what?"
Flagmauth
Flagmauth
Supreme Dictator-for-life

https://ttrroleplay.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post by A Blind Guy Mon Oct 08, 2018 5:04 pm

"Ok... so what's happening right now back... wait where am i? "
A Blind Guy
A Blind Guy
Molestor of Gods

Back to top Go down

Post by BerrySayRoar Mon Oct 08, 2018 7:11 pm

As soon as the maan deflected her attempted back stab, Nisha quickly twist her torso, her her legs following in suite as she lifts her right leg in the air to perform a roundhouse kick to his jaw.
BerrySayRoar
BerrySayRoar
Adept

Back to top Go down

Post by Helsing Mon Oct 08, 2018 10:40 pm

Sienna

"Now, you are confused. Now you are questioning...

Sterling

"...So for now, you must watch."

The Goddess waved her hand and the golden flame swirled, caught up in it's personal maelstrom. The surface smoothed over and when it did, Sterling saw Nisha charge the snake man.

Reality

The hit connects, sending the man flying over the pews and straight at Adam's feet. That would be good, only for an orange blast to hit Nisha with the feedback. The bull faunus looked unimpressed, but pulled the snake to his feet, glaring daggers through his mask.

"Salavan, you are treading on thin ice."

"I can assure you, Adam, despite your deblielf in my work, the Divine Fruits will be..." his voice trails off, the words dying in his throat as he sees something he never wanted to see.

The fruits, both of them, next to those two children, with chunks of them bitten out. He broke out into a cold sweat.

"Kill them!" he screamed, pointing at Sterling and Sienna.

From the pews, Tyson groaned and stirred. Adam followed Salavan's finger, and somehow managed to convay the expression of raising an eyebrow from behind his mask.

"They've eaten from the divine fruit! If they pass their trials they will kill us!" Salavan snarls.

Adam tightens his grip on his sword, "I've entertained your delusional faith long enough, snake."

"You don't have to believe anything, kill them, and I will personally bring myself before Shen Long and admit my failures."

Adam tilted his head, but seemingly shrugged with the offer. He turned, pulling his katana free. Only to stop walking, staring down the bladed end of Tyson's halberd.

"You're not touching them."

His knees were shaking, his aura was flaring just to keep his weapon up. Adam looked impressed.

"Your courage is admirable," he said.

With a flick of his wrist, he slashed with his katana. It rang and scrapped against the edge of Tyson's weapon as the academic strained to hold him back. He lasted a second before Adam slammed the end of his sheath into his head while he was distracted. Tyson ended sprawled on the floor. His head was ringing like a bell, but still he pushed himself to his feet.

Only to feel the cold bite of Adam's katana at his neck.

"But it's just the courage of a human."

Tyson closed his eyes, seethed, and reached for a bomb on his waist. Adam smiled, and he brought the sword down.

Then, the impossible happened.

A hand, blue with aura beyond compare, caught his weapon.

Adam's eyes traveled up the arm to see it's owner. The Prince, no, this wasn't the prince, not anymore.

No human, nor faunus had eyes like that.

No longer flesh, more pits of blue aura that flashed and flicked. Across his skin, his vain's pulsed with that same light and in his chest, and silver light breathed, bathing him in it's light. If that wasn't crazy enough, the other one, the other girl, veins thick with green aura broke out of the ground and surrounded her. They hoisted her up upon that, and molded themselves until she sat in a throne that looked to be made for a queen.

Her eyes glowed a similarly deep green.

From the other end of the pews Salavan's eyes widened in horror. Sterling's blue eyes snapped toward him.

"Don't think this is anything-"

Adam growled those words, but the words that he ment to say died on his lips. Sterling pulled on his katana, forcing him off balance. Then, with the motions of a master, smashed his palm into Adam's chest.

The resulting shock wave smashed the nearby pews into splinters. Windows shattered, and Adam sailed out of the church, going through the concrete of the church roof like it was nothing but air.

Salavan's jaw dropped, Sterling looked almost impassive, Sienna didn't even flintch. Tyson on the other hand, found the strength to say three words.

"What the fuck?"

Sterling turned towards Salavan, who flinched at the attention. The prince snapped his fingers, and a six foot long clay-more materialized out of nothing and crashed upon him like the arrow of a vengeful god. To his credit, Salavan threw up that orange shield of his. Sword and shield met, and the feedback sent another shockwave out towards the group. Tyson covered his head to defend himself against the flying pews, but he shouldn't have bothered as branches erupted from the ground, knocking the shaped wood out of the air before it could even hope to hit Nisha or Tyson.

Sterling tilted his head at the display, while Salavan seemingly found his confidence back.

"See? No matter what power you have, my feedback will simply send it right back at you! Keep it up, and it will kill your friends! You will-!"

Sterling snapped his fingers, and suddenly, the sky seemingly got darker. Salavan's sudden confidence left him faster than it came. Sterling raised a glowing hand, then dropped it like an executioners axe.

And from the sky, a wall of steel came crashing down. Salavan threw up a barrier, but when the building sized sword hit it, it simply went straight through.

The ground split on the spot, a cavern stretching to the center of the courtyard. Now, everyone was looking in the church.

Tyson looked up as the giant sword faded back into aura. His jaw was hanging loose, but he didn't say anything.

He didn't know what to say.

What the hell had they become?
Helsing
Helsing
The Marksman

Back to top Go down

Post by Flagmauth Mon Oct 08, 2018 10:58 pm

Sienna's expression was pretty similar to Tyson's at the moment. She glanced at her father, then at the goddess as if checking to see if they saw the same thing she just did. "...I guess that explains why he was talking about those fruits being such a big deal then." she finally said as she stared at the ravine that Sterling's attack had carved into the church courtyard.
Flagmauth
Flagmauth

Back to top Go down

Post by Helsing Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:45 am

"Ashaka's Avatars have always been the more destructive sort." Her father comments.

"Oh hush, not all of them," the Goddess chides, "Just the vast majority."
Helsing
Helsing
The Marksman

Back to top Go down

Post by Flagmauth Tue Oct 09, 2018 12:30 pm

"Hold up - that guy said something about trials. That sounds important. What are the trials?" Sienna wanted to know as she looked back at the goddess.
Flagmauth
Flagmauth

Back to top Go down

Post by Helsing Tue Oct 09, 2018 1:49 pm

Mandanus expression saddened. Although, it wasn't for anyone here.

"Yes, all Avatar's must face trials set forth by their chosen Goddess. Your friend, bless his soul, managed to make it through my sisters trial."
Helsing
Helsing
The Marksman

Back to top Go down

Post by A Blind Guy Tue Oct 09, 2018 7:12 pm

Sterling watched the scene play out almost in disbelief.

"So... that right there was... me?"
A Blind Guy
A Blind Guy
Molestor of Gods

Back to top Go down

Post by Flagmauth Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:17 pm

"Then what's my trial?" Sienna wanted to know, feeling rather nervous all of a sudden.
Flagmauth
Flagmauth

Back to top Go down

Post by Helsing Wed Oct 10, 2018 7:51 pm

Sterling

"In a base sense that is you, Sterling. For now, your mind is here, separated from your body. With nothing left to control it, your body is left to be controlled by your soul."

She pointed the tip of a sword at his chest, and then, it began to glow. Or at least, the pendent Opal gave him began to glow.

"Yours is the soul of a man who would rather die than see his family hurt."

Sienna

The goddess chuckled, even her dad got in a little snicker.

"Be at peace, your trail is far from now. It will come, but not until my sister joins us. And that won't happen until your friend finds herself."

Reality

Tyson looked over to Nisha.

"You're seeing this right? You haven't driven me insane yet, right?"
Helsing
Helsing
The Marksman

Back to top Go down

Post by Flagmauth Wed Oct 10, 2018 7:53 pm

Herself could mean only one person..."You're talking about Nisha?"
Flagmauth
Flagmauth

Back to top Go down

Post by A Blind Guy Wed Oct 10, 2018 7:55 pm

"He- I won't hurt anybody else in that state will I?"
A Blind Guy
A Blind Guy
Molestor of Gods

Back to top Go down

Post by Helsing Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:10 pm

Sienna

"I am," she said, not even trying to deny it.

Sterling

"Less they bring harm to your friends, the people of Remnant are safe."
Helsing
Helsing
The Marksman

Back to top Go down

Post by Flagmauth Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:11 pm

Poor Tyson...or lucky Tyson, depending how you looked at it. "Alright...so when is that, exactly? It has to be soon, right?"
Flagmauth
Flagmauth

Back to top Go down

Post by Helsing Thu Oct 11, 2018 1:48 pm

The goddess smiled, looking almost like a teacher trying to explain a difficult subject to a student.

"I cannot say. After all my sisters and I have been watching this Remnant for eons, our definitions of soon could be tomorrow or even a hundred years in your future. All I can say, is that it will happen in your lifetime, and that you must be ready."

With a flash of light, she was gone, leaving Sienna and her father at the edge.

"We don't have much time," he said, looking out to the other floating islands.

Right before their eyes they started to crumble, slowly sinking back into the never ending void beneath them.

"I give us a few more minutes at most. So.. what do you want to do? Talk? I don't have much to say, but I'll do my best." his smile went sour, "Least I can do... leaving you like I did."
Helsing
Helsing
The Marksman

Back to top Go down

Post by A Blind Guy Fri Oct 12, 2018 12:29 pm

"That's a relief. " Sterling looks down and holds up the pendant that Opal gave him.

"And I assume this pendant isn't just here for looks is it? "
A Blind Guy
A Blind Guy
Molestor of Gods

Back to top Go down

Post by Helsing Fri Oct 12, 2018 1:46 pm

“No. It is an aura stone, fordged from the soul and given form. Made by another for you, an impressive feat.”
Helsing
Helsing
The Marksman

Back to top Go down

Post by A Blind Guy Fri Oct 12, 2018 6:22 pm

"forged from the soul... I'd ask if that's even possible but I've seen far weirder shit today."
A Blind Guy
A Blind Guy
Molestor of Gods

Back to top Go down

Post by Flagmauth Sun Oct 14, 2018 11:40 am

"It wasn't your fault, Dad..." Sienna said, looking away. She watched one of the distant islands breaking apart, a building on it sagging as its foundation gave way before it tumbled into the void. Okay. Time for a subject change. "So...what's the afterlife like, exactly? It's not all like this, is it?"
Flagmauth
Flagmauth

Back to top Go down

Post by Helsing Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:54 am

Sterling

"It is a lost art, one that few of your kind remember, but it was the first weapon that humanity used against the Grimm. You did not think that your ancestors could survive against the monsters that plague them with mere sticks did you?"

Not waiting for his answer, she cast a hand over the flame, throwing it back to blue. In the fire, images of Sterling's friends flashed. Team White, Sunset, Ruby, Juniper, all of them in the beacon dorms.

"You have many friends, I hope they stay that way."

Sienna

"You mean floating islands and an eternal sunset? No it's... fantastic. Don't get too excited, even in paradise I managed to draw the short stick. Just a little house in a forest like this one. A set outside will lead you to a white Kingdom where everyone's happy, though I've never really gone."

He pauses, a kind smile going over his face.

"You're mother's there, and she's happy, both of us are."
Helsing
Helsing
The Marksman

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 39 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next