TenThousand Rads Roleplaying
Welcome! If you're an existing user, kindly log in. If not, kindly register! We are a free-form RPing community of people who do not bite, unless you break the rules.

-Mycrodeeth, Site Owner

The Godfathers

Page 17 of 19 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18, 19  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: The Godfathers

Post by Flagmauth on Fri Jan 13, 2017 1:48 pm

Krista, during the walk, decided she'd test what the limits of her power were. She knew she could shapeshift into animals, in addition to simply modifying her own body...now what limits were there on that? She tried shapeshifting into an elephant shortly before they saw the house, noted the results, then resumed her normal form.

Once they saw the house she glanced at the path where the grass indicated something had approached the house. "That's...interesting. Did a monster do that?" she asked the others - mostly Odysseus.

_________________
@Helsing wrote:You wear overkill like a badge!

@A Blind Guy wrote:Not all of us can be walking factories of kickass.

Game Master:
Co-GM:
avatar
Flagmauth
Supreme Dictator-for-life

Posts : 12748
Join date : 2011-06-19
Age : 21
Location : Just follow the tooth marks in the scenery...

View user profile http://ttrroleplay.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: The Godfathers

Post by Sirius Lupin on Fri Jan 13, 2017 3:10 pm

Odysseus stops and takes a look at the trampled grass. Suspicion of the area begin to form in his head.

"I'm not sure, but we should be cautious. Just in case."

He notes the clouds gathering overhead. "Looks like we have a storm coming in. Should we take shelter in that house? I mean, I'm not crazy about that idea, because of," he motions to the trampled grass. "But it seems like the only shelter from the coming storm around."
avatar
Sirius Lupin
Virtuoso

Posts : 1697
Join date : 2011-08-28
Age : 22
Location : Wouldn't YOU like to know ;)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Godfathers

Post by 99luftballons on Fri Jan 13, 2017 5:07 pm

The tracks themselves were a bit hard to make out thanks to mud stuck underneath tall grass. With some closer inspection it was possible to make out some of the tracks: created by hooves. It wasn't possible to discern where the tracks came from due to the fact that they led in both directions (house --> forest and forest --> house)

--------------
For Krista's experiment, individual parts of the elephant did form as intended, but turning into a full elephant was a bit beyond her capabilities. However with a little practice, Krista felt sure she could do it...possibly within a few weeks. For now though, perhaps she should try turning into something a bit closer to a human.
avatar
99luftballons
Viceroy

Posts : 3326
Join date : 2012-03-07
Location : North Paul

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Godfathers

Post by Flagmauth on Fri Jan 13, 2017 9:43 pm

"It looks like something came from the forest to the house and then left the same way...or vice versa." Krista frowned, a bit confused. If she was a demigod of nature, shouldn't tracking be something she'd be good at? All she saw was a jumble of hoofprints.

_________________
@Helsing wrote:You wear overkill like a badge!

@A Blind Guy wrote:Not all of us can be walking factories of kickass.

Game Master:
Co-GM:
avatar
Flagmauth
Supreme Dictator-for-life

Posts : 12748
Join date : 2011-06-19
Age : 21
Location : Just follow the tooth marks in the scenery...

View user profile http://ttrroleplay.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: The Godfathers

Post by Flagmauth on Sun Jan 15, 2017 6:56 pm

Irritably, she shook her head. Whatever happened here, maybe it had something to do with the disappearances - and besides, if it started raining then they might be able to use it as shelter. Krista started for the building, beckoning for the others to follow. "C'mon, let's check it out."

_________________
@Helsing wrote:You wear overkill like a badge!

@A Blind Guy wrote:Not all of us can be walking factories of kickass.

Game Master:
Co-GM:
avatar
Flagmauth
Supreme Dictator-for-life

Posts : 12748
Join date : 2011-06-19
Age : 21
Location : Just follow the tooth marks in the scenery...

View user profile http://ttrroleplay.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: The Godfathers

Post by BerrySayRoar on Sun Jan 15, 2017 8:21 pm

Cayden took a shaken breath and nodded as he follows behind her and examines the inside of the shelter.
avatar
BerrySayRoar
Enthusiast

Posts : 309
Join date : 2016-02-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Godfathers

Post by Sirius Lupin on Mon Jan 16, 2017 10:07 am

Odysseus follows cautiously. When he enters the house, he takes in the surroundings.
avatar
Sirius Lupin
Virtuoso

Posts : 1697
Join date : 2011-08-28
Age : 22
Location : Wouldn't YOU like to know ;)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Godfathers

Post by 99luftballons on Mon Jan 16, 2017 2:37 pm

It started to drip as the group got closer to the house. Once the group reached the house (and were able to take a peek beyond the hedge), they could see that there was a small shrine adorned with the emblem of a falcon catching a fish from the river (much like Jaron's medallion). Compared to the shrine which was untouched and clean, the house looked like it had seen better days. The door had been broken off its hinges and split into two (almost like a horse kicked it in...). The grass in front of the house had been trampled with hooves, but there was also a single set of foot prints that the group hadn't notice before leading away from the house.

The front door led to a small, gloomy and messy room decorated with coats on the wall and shoes/boots lined beneath the coats. The room also had a (very) dusty staircase leading to what appeared to be the loft with a recent set of [human] footprints. The left doorway led to the bathroom, whilst the right doorway led to the kitchen/dining room. It looked like there'd been a struggle - there were muddy remnants of hoove prints and the table had been knocked over along with plates and various kitchen utensils.

No lights were on (there certainly are light switches) - despite the darkening clouds and rain.
avatar
99luftballons
Viceroy

Posts : 3326
Join date : 2012-03-07
Location : North Paul

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Godfathers

Post by Sirius Lupin on Tue Jan 17, 2017 5:49 pm

"Well, this is disturbing," Odysseus says upon seeing the struggle. "Who's up for a search for the occupant?"

He looks at the emblem and wonders if the occupant also had some connection to Hades...
avatar
Sirius Lupin
Virtuoso

Posts : 1697
Join date : 2011-08-28
Age : 22
Location : Wouldn't YOU like to know ;)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Godfathers

Post by A Blind Guy on Wed Jan 18, 2017 4:08 pm

Raizo raises his hand and at the same time a ball of light appears inside of it. the light spilled into the room, illuminating anything it touched.

_________________
avatar
A Blind Guy
Molestor of Gods

Posts : 5375
Join date : 2013-05-15
Age : 20
Location : Smallvile, Kansas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Godfathers

Post by Flagmauth on Wed Jan 18, 2017 4:10 pm

"Thanks, Raizo." Krista nodded at the demigod of the sun. "I don't think we'll find them but Odie's right, we should at least look."

_________________
@Helsing wrote:You wear overkill like a badge!

@A Blind Guy wrote:Not all of us can be walking factories of kickass.

Game Master:
Co-GM:
avatar
Flagmauth
Supreme Dictator-for-life

Posts : 12748
Join date : 2011-06-19
Age : 21
Location : Just follow the tooth marks in the scenery...

View user profile http://ttrroleplay.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: The Godfathers

Post by A Blind Guy on Wed Jan 18, 2017 4:12 pm

"All right, where should we look first?"

_________________
avatar
A Blind Guy
Molestor of Gods

Posts : 5375
Join date : 2013-05-15
Age : 20
Location : Smallvile, Kansas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Godfathers

Post by Sirius Lupin on Wed Jan 18, 2017 7:36 pm

"Hey Lieutenant," Odysseus asks Jaron. "Do you sense any death?"
avatar
Sirius Lupin
Virtuoso

Posts : 1697
Join date : 2011-08-28
Age : 22
Location : Wouldn't YOU like to know ;)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Godfathers

Post by BerrySayRoar on Wed Jan 18, 2017 10:03 pm

Cayden stepped a bit further ahead of the group to have a better look inside.
avatar
BerrySayRoar
Enthusiast

Posts : 309
Join date : 2016-02-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Godfathers

Post by A Blind Guy on Wed Jan 18, 2017 10:05 pm

Raizo followed behind, the light following him.

_________________
avatar
A Blind Guy
Molestor of Gods

Posts : 5375
Join date : 2013-05-15
Age : 20
Location : Smallvile, Kansas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Godfathers

Post by Helsing on Fri Jan 20, 2017 11:02 pm

"In all honesty, I've been watching for something in case I need to shoot." Jaron says "But I'll try."

He reaches out a hand and... well, at this point he considered it looking. He placed his will over the area, looking for death.

_________________
-  ╭———╮
 /___O___▬▬||||▬◖
 ├─┼─┼─┤
 /¯│¯│¯¯¯
 ░░░░░░░囗❚❚❚❚❚❚❚❚───Ɑ
 /◕│◕◕│◕◕
 / ◕│◕◕│◕ ◕ 
 / ◕ │◕◕│ ◕ ◕ 
/ ◕  │◕◕│   ◕ ◕ 
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
avatar
Helsing
The Marksman

Posts : 7321
Join date : 2013-10-13
Age : 19
Location : Take a left at the pile of dead bodies. Then go forward until you get to Hell, if you reach satan's place you've gone to far.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Godfathers

Post by Flagmauth on Fri Jan 20, 2017 11:03 pm

Krista went to the other doorway, glancing inside the bathroom.

_________________
@Helsing wrote:You wear overkill like a badge!

@A Blind Guy wrote:Not all of us can be walking factories of kickass.

Game Master:
Co-GM:
avatar
Flagmauth
Supreme Dictator-for-life

Posts : 12748
Join date : 2011-06-19
Age : 21
Location : Just follow the tooth marks in the scenery...

View user profile http://ttrroleplay.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: The Godfathers

Post by 99luftballons on Sat Jan 21, 2017 11:56 am

Cayden entered the kitchen, his path lighted by Raizo. The struggle had knocked down some plates and kitchen utensils from the table, but otherwise the rest of the house appeared untouched. From the kitchen two more doors leading into other rooms:

The first was a bedroom/office with a small collection of books. The table was messy, cluttered with paper and an open book. A small uncomfortable bed was in the far corner.
The second room was a living room with a basic couch and TV setup. There was a chimney with that was still smoldering in the back.

There was nothing unique about the bathroom that Krista could discern.

Jaron didn't sense anything dead that felt unusual (naturally there'd be things like dead bugs, etc.). As he returned to the watch, he noticed that the shrine had a small collection of goods placed in front of it - a little bit of food and some nice wooden carvings of bears, eagles, centaurs and deer. It was hard to tell, but off in the distant trees, it looked like there was some movement...
avatar
99luftballons
Viceroy

Posts : 3326
Join date : 2012-03-07
Location : North Paul

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Godfathers

Post by BerrySayRoar on Sat Jan 21, 2017 2:29 pm

Out of curiousity, Cayden enters the bedroom to look at the things on the desk. He was rather interested in what the owner of this household likes to read or what his job could've been. He examines the papers and the opened book.
avatar
BerrySayRoar
Enthusiast

Posts : 309
Join date : 2016-02-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Godfathers

Post by Sirius Lupin on Sat Jan 21, 2017 6:33 pm

Odysseus decided to look out the window for any signs of danger. For a few minutes, he did not see anything. Then, while he wasn't one hundred percent sure, he could've sworn he saw something move, before he decided it was nothing and moved on to search the basement.
avatar
Sirius Lupin
Virtuoso

Posts : 1697
Join date : 2011-08-28
Age : 22
Location : Wouldn't YOU like to know ;)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Godfathers

Post by 99luftballons on Mon Jan 23, 2017 8:26 pm

Notable about the rooms contents, Cayden found a set of druid robes, similar to the ones Laura had worn. Druids were an organization which among many other things kept the shrines safe. On the table itself, it turned out that the occupant was a poet. Most of the scattered paper had poorly written poems on them. The open book turned out to be a religious (would it still be "religious" now that Gods are known to exist?) book, with a cover picturing a nicer version of the shrine. The god (whose name didn't seem to get mentioned) to whom the shrine was dedicated was in charge of the Danube Basin - more of a regional God, in charge of safekeeping the region.

The basement turned out to be a small storage area, presumably to keep some of the nicer gifts to the shrine. Among the mostly useless (yet beautiful) artifacts (primarily of natural creatures) there was a elegantly carved long bow, a nicely ornamented spear and a game of wizard's chess.
avatar
99luftballons
Viceroy

Posts : 3326
Join date : 2012-03-07
Location : North Paul

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Godfathers

Post by BerrySayRoar on Mon Jan 23, 2017 9:10 pm

Cayden picked up the book and skims through the pages of the book, finding it mildly interesting, he closed the book and puts it in his backpack for later reading.
avatar
BerrySayRoar
Enthusiast

Posts : 309
Join date : 2016-02-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Godfathers

Post by Flagmauth on Tue Jan 24, 2017 8:57 am

Krista moved on from the bathroom to the basement. A storage area...Maybe whatever had visited here took something? She checked to make sure the area seemed to have an appropriate amount of gifts and artifacts stored rather than being conspicuously empty.

_________________
@Helsing wrote:You wear overkill like a badge!

@A Blind Guy wrote:Not all of us can be walking factories of kickass.

Game Master:
Co-GM:
avatar
Flagmauth
Supreme Dictator-for-life

Posts : 12748
Join date : 2011-06-19
Age : 21
Location : Just follow the tooth marks in the scenery...

View user profile http://ttrroleplay.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: The Godfathers

Post by Helsing on Wed Jan 25, 2017 1:27 pm

Jaron, reloading his sidearm slowly made his way towards the closest viewpoint. He tried to get as close to the forest as he could without making himself known.

If something was moving, he wanted to at least see it.

_________________
-  ╭———╮
 /___O___▬▬||||▬◖
 ├─┼─┼─┤
 /¯│¯│¯¯¯
 ░░░░░░░囗❚❚❚❚❚❚❚❚───Ɑ
 /◕│◕◕│◕◕
 / ◕│◕◕│◕ ◕ 
 / ◕ │◕◕│ ◕ ◕ 
/ ◕  │◕◕│   ◕ ◕ 
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
avatar
Helsing
The Marksman

Posts : 7321
Join date : 2013-10-13
Age : 19
Location : Take a left at the pile of dead bodies. Then go forward until you get to Hell, if you reach satan's place you've gone to far.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Godfathers

Post by Sirius Lupin on Wed Jan 25, 2017 8:54 pm

Odysseus picks up the longbow and looks it over, amazed by its craftsmanship. He has to agree that this would be a great offering to whatever god the resident was worshiping.
avatar
Sirius Lupin
Virtuoso

Posts : 1697
Join date : 2011-08-28
Age : 22
Location : Wouldn't YOU like to know ;)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Godfathers

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 19 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18, 19  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum