TenThousand Rads Roleplaying
Welcome! If you're an existing user, kindly log in. If not, kindly register! We are a free-form RPing community of people who do not bite, unless you break the rules.

-Mycrodeeth, Site Owner

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome! If you're an existing user, kindly log in. If not, kindly register! We are a free-form RPing community of people who do not bite, unless you break the rules.

-Mycrodeeth, Site Owner
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Götterdämmerung OOC

+3
Helsing
A Blind Guy
BerrySayRoar
7 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Götterdämmerung OOC Empty Götterdämmerung OOC

Post by 99luftballons Fri Oct 28, 2016 5:15 pm

Here is the demigod RP that I promised a while back - based on Percy Jackson. With a few modifications naturally. The RP will start sometime late this weekend or early next week. Map of the arcane world (detailed below) will be posted as soon as it gets done. Gl Hf. If the RP has started just PM me to join.

I want to also thank Flagmouth and Sirius for helping me put this together/review the setting.

*Template for character at bottom*
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And after that inspiring intro, here's the setting:

World:
Initial start will be in the modern world – Vienna, Austria to be exact. While most half-gods reside in a parallel arcane world, half-gods still can be found dotted across the globe. After the second world war, the European Union was formed – and the European continent decided to cooperate on a number of important issues with the arcane world. Including getting half-gods and magic users to the arcane world to allow them to control their powers.  At this point, it should be noted arcane world is a carefully guarded secret by half-gods and magic wielders. Individual Earthly governments know about this world / several locations of portals or transit points.

Arcane World (AW):
There’ll also be a parallel magic world (i.e. geographically the same) with portals in the major cities throughout the world. This parallel world was created in Vienna, in response to the gruesome witch trials in the 16th and early 17th century. Funded by the Habsburgs, this world was created through a gathering of the most powerful half-gods and magic wielders, led by Katharina von Habsburg. It is said the gods themselves helped craft this new world. In this world initially Arcane Kingdoms were established mirroring their Earthly counterparts (Arcane HRE with the same borders as the HRE, Arcane France with the same borders as France, etc.). Of course since we are talking separate dimensions, borders have changed differently.

Gods:
For the sake of allowing multiple pantheons (or custom ones), gods exist as their element (water god = all water at once, etc.). That said, gods will occasionally take human form and wander the world – and “meet” people. By using this simplification, it can be justified that Athena = Minerva = Thoth = some other god of wisdom.

Characters Creation:
The point of the Roleplay is for you to make any character you like. You choose one god from a pantheon of your choice or make one up. If you make one up, the domains are pretty open. However, don’t pick any super broad domains such as nature (instead pick wind, life, etc.) and don't pick domains that are hard to keep track of (time, space, chaos, dimensions, etc.). Other than that, your character will start with no knowledge of his/her heritage regarding the godly parent. If your character has an interesting background story, let me know. I’ll try to weave it into the setting. It is also assumed your character doesn't have any experience with his/her powers...yet. But don't worry, we'll fix that  Very Happy .

Map:
*Finally here!  cheers
Arcane Europe
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For convenience I'll post copy-and-paste your character information below so that it'll all be in one location. Powers desired is your idea of what your character should/can learn. I'll update powers as your character learns them.

Template
Name:
Heritage & Domain of Godly parent:
Appearance:
Background:
Powers desired:
Powers (Filled out by Luft over time):

Sirius Lupin
Name: Odysseus Romanov
Heritage & Domain of Godly parent: Poseidon, god of the sea
Appearance: Shaggy auburn hair, blue eyes, olive skin, 5 foot 10
Background: Odysseus Romanov at the moment believes himself to be the son of Anastasia Romanov and a Greek man. While he was raised by his mother, his status as an illegitimate child made him feel like an outcast.
Powers desired: Any kind of power is fine by me
Powers (Filled out by Luft over time): A) Shoot water from hands B) Manipulation of nearby water sources
Passives (Also filled out by Luft): A) Doesn't get wet (unless he wants to) B) Extended Under-water breathing

Berry SayRoar
Name:Cayden Angelos
Heritage & Domain of Godly parent: Grandson of Aries, god of war, and son of Penthesilea
Appearance: 5' 9", Lean and slightly fit, messy light brown hair, dark brown eyes
Background: Cayden doesn't know anything about his mother. As far as he knows, she died while he was only a few months old. He was raised by his single dad in Smallville, Kansas.
Powers desired:Weapon proficiency, slight physical endurance, above average human strength and endurance
Passives: A) Natural focus in combat B) Ability to learn weapons quickly

A Blind Guy
Name:Raizo Hanamura
Heritage and Domain of Godly parent: Amaterasu, Goddess of the sun. (contains 5% juice)
Appearance: pitch black hair, green eyes, and stands at about 5'7.
Background: Raizo grew up living with his father in a small apartment in Tokyo, japan. Raizo's father never told him about his mother, who she was, or even why she left. Raizo for his part never bothered to ask.
powers desired: harnessing the power of the sun (contains 5% juice) to shoot fire balls and beams of condensed light and heat, projecting light.
powers granted: A) Ability to produce bolts of fire or light B) Ability to produce rays of fire and light [more energy intensive]
Passives: A) Uses less energy in direct sunlight

Flagmauth
Name: Krista Jantunen
Heritage & Domain of Godly parent: Loki, god of mischief.
Appearance: 5'8'', slender build, pale skin, blue eyes and thick blonde hair usually worn long.
Background: Raised by her father and stepmother in Espoo, Finland. Never met her biological mother, dad doesn't like the subject.
Powers desired: Shapeshifting. Beyond that I don't care.
Powers: A) Basic shapeshifting (humanoid shapes and ability to generate simple parts [spikes, teeth, claws, etc]
Passives: A) Ability to notice other shape-shifters nearby

Helsing
Name: Jaron Crawford
Heritage & Domain of Godly parent: Father: Hades, God of Death and the Underworld.
Appearance: 5'11, tan, fit, military atire, blue eyes.
Background: Raised in Isreal his entire life, went through the IDF like everyone else. Enjoys chess and talking with his mother.
Powers desired: Undead summoning and commanding of said undead.
Powers (Filled out by Luft over time): A) Ability to raise nearby undead [Though still needs to learn how to control them] B) Ability to "talk" with nearby [willing] undead
Passives: A) Ability to sense nearby dead or recent [a week] deaths

Northerner
Name: Achereon
Heritage & Domain of Godly parent: Acheron; Harbinger of Destruction Atlanteon God
Appearance: 4' 11" curvy and fit. Long black curly hair, percing silver-ish gray eyes with speckles of green. Button nose and pouty lips that fit her facial structure.
Background: Achereon and her family had moved a few times for her mothers work. By the age of 16 she was finally able to grow used to the town they moved to. Now settled in the town of Munro, Alaska.
Powers desired: Erase memories when asked, being able to sense the presence of others, and disintegrating into nothingness.
Powers (Filled out by Luft over time): A) Ability to shoot bolts of destruction B) Ability to temporarily make parts of her body dissapear (?) C) Disintegration of smaller non-magical objects through touch [requires lots of energy]
Passives:

Last edited by 99luftballons on Sun Nov 06, 2016 3:00 pm; edited 8 times in total
99luftballons
99luftballons
Viceroy

Back to top Go down

Götterdämmerung OOC Empty Re: Götterdämmerung OOC

Post by Sirius Lupin Sat Oct 29, 2016 10:02 pm

Name: Odysseus Romanov
Heritage & Domain of Godly parent: Poseidon, god of the sea
Appearance: Shaggy auburn hair, blue eyes, olive skin, 5 foot 10
Background: Odysseus Romanov at the moment believes himself to be the son of Anastasia Romanov and a Greek man. While he was raised by his mother, his status as an illegitimate child made him feel like an outcast.
Powers desired: Any kind of power is fine by me

Last edited by Sirius Lupin on Sat Oct 29, 2016 10:37 pm; edited 2 times in total
Sirius Lupin
Sirius Lupin
Virtuoso

Back to top Go down

Post by BerrySayRoar Sat Oct 29, 2016 10:25 pm

Name:Cayden Angelos
Heritage & Domain of Godly parent: Grandson of Aries, god of war, and son of Penthesilea
Appearance: 5' 9", Lean and slightly fit, messy light brown hair, dark brown eyes
Background: Cayden doesn't know anything about his mother. As far as he knows, she died while he was only a few months old. He was raised by his single dad in Smallville, Kansas.
Powers desired:Weapon proficiency, slight physical endurance, above average human strength and endurance

Last edited by BerrySayRoar on Sat Oct 29, 2016 10:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
BerrySayRoar
BerrySayRoar
Adept

Back to top Go down

Post by A Blind Guy Sat Oct 29, 2016 10:33 pm

Name:Raizo Hanamura
Heritage and Domain of Godly parent: Amaterasu, Goddess of the sun. (contains 5% juice)
Appearance: pitch black hair, green eyes, and stands at about 5'7.
Background: Raizo grew up living with his father in a small apartment in Tokyo, japan. Raizo's father never told him about his mother, who she was, or even why she left. Raizo for his part never bothered to ask.
powers desired: harnessing the power of the sun (contains 5% juice) to shoot fire balls and beams of condensed light and heat, projecting light.
powers granted:
A Blind Guy
A Blind Guy
Molestor of Gods

Back to top Go down

Post by Flagmauth Sat Oct 29, 2016 10:34 pm

Name: Krista Jantunen
Heritage & Domain of Godly parent: Loki, god of mischief.
Appearance: 5'8'', slender build, pale skin, blue eyes and thick blonde hair usually worn long.
Background: Raised by her father and stepmother in Espoo, Finland. Never met her biological mother, dad doesn't like the subject.
Powers desired: Shapeshifting. Beyond that I don't care.
Flagmauth
Flagmauth
Supreme Dictator-for-life

https://ttrroleplay.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post by 99luftballons Sat Oct 29, 2016 10:49 pm

Those characters look great! I believe that is almost everyone, so we'll probably start late this weekend/ early next week with the actual RP.
99luftballons
99luftballons
Viceroy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sirius Lupin Sat Oct 29, 2016 11:19 pm

Hey Luft, since Flag and I had a little confusion over this setting, can you tell us a little more about it? Just so we don't get into a nasty debate over things about it.
Sirius Lupin
Sirius Lupin
Virtuoso

Back to top Go down

Post by 99luftballons Sun Oct 30, 2016 9:11 am

Of course. Thanks for letting me know about the confusion.

I'm not really sure if you are referring to a specific portion of the setting or just the setting as a whole, so let me attempt to clarify.

We have our regular world - nothing has changed. The Arcane World (AW) is a parallel world geographically like in Harry Potter - except that this is where our magic users and half-gods live. It can be entered/left through portals in pretty much any major city. The AW serves as my explanation why the real world hasn't discovered magic.

As to our start - our characters will be starting in Vienna. I'm still trying to figure the exact way to bring your characters together relatively quick. So I'll explain how we start off a little later.

Hope that helps clear some of the confusion.
99luftballons
99luftballons
Viceroy

Back to top Go down

Post by Helsing Sun Oct 30, 2016 12:47 pm

Name: Jaron Crawford
Heritage & Domain of Godly parent: Father: Hades, God of Death and the Underworld.
Appearance: 5'11, tan, fit, military atire, blue eyes.
Background: Raised in Isreal his entire life, went through the IDF like everyone else. Enjoys chess and talking with his mother.
Powers desired: Undead summoning and commanding of said undead.
Helsing
Helsing
The Marksman

Location : Take a left at the pile of dead bodies. Then go forward until you get to Hell, if you reach satan's place you've gone to far.

Back to top Go down

Post by 99luftballons Sun Oct 30, 2016 2:15 pm

Looks good. We'll hopefully be starting shortly.
99luftballons
99luftballons
Viceroy

Back to top Go down

Post by 99luftballons Sun Oct 30, 2016 4:13 pm

OK, so our characters will meet via a scholarship event. Me and Flagmauth deemed it the best way for our characters to meet up for this RP.
99luftballons
99luftballons
Viceroy

Back to top Go down

Post by BerrySayRoar Sun Oct 30, 2016 8:29 pm

Hey luft, is it too late to invite one of my friends to this rp?
BerrySayRoar
BerrySayRoar
Adept

Back to top Go down

Post by 99luftballons Sun Oct 30, 2016 9:48 pm

It's fine. This is actually the best time to join. If your friend hurries, then we don't need to come up with a reason why he/she is part of the group.
99luftballons
99luftballons
Viceroy

Back to top Go down

Post by BerrySayRoar Sun Oct 30, 2016 10:01 pm

Ok thank you so much. I'll let my friend know
BerrySayRoar
BerrySayRoar
Adept

Back to top Go down

Post by 99luftballons Sun Oct 30, 2016 10:09 pm

No problem. I'll wait with the continuation of the actual plot for when your friend and Helsing's character appear. Just so that everyone is onboard.
99luftballons
99luftballons
Viceroy

Back to top Go down

Post by Northerner Sun Oct 30, 2016 10:35 pm

Thanks for allowing me. Been a while since a forum roleplay. If I done this wrong please let me know.

Name: Achereon
Heritage & Domain of Godly parent: Acheron; Harbinger of Destruction Atlanteon God
Appearance: 4' 11" curvy and fit. Long black curly hair, percing silver-ish gray eyes with speckles of green. Button nose and pouty lips that fit her facial structure.
Background: Achereon and her family had moved a few times for her mothers work. By the age of 16 she was finally able to grow used to the town they moved to. Now settled in the town of Munro, Alaska.
Powers desired: Erase memories when asked, being able to sense the presence of others, and disintegrating into nothingness.
Northerner
Northerner
Recruit

Back to top Go down

Post by 99luftballons Mon Oct 31, 2016 8:54 am

Sure, looks good. Go ahead and join.
99luftballons
99luftballons
Viceroy

Back to top Go down

Post by A Blind Guy Mon Oct 31, 2016 9:47 am

hey @Northerner, can you possibly make your text a bit larger? I have a visual impairment and it's very difficult to read your text. so if it's no trouble could you possibly make it a bit bigger?
A Blind Guy
A Blind Guy
Molestor of Gods

Back to top Go down

Post by Sirius Lupin Wed Nov 02, 2016 12:20 pm

Hey Luft, should we place some sort of combat system?
Sirius Lupin
Sirius Lupin
Virtuoso

Back to top Go down

Post by 99luftballons Wed Nov 02, 2016 4:00 pm

I was mostly going to rely on using my judgement, since I don't like the extreme randomness of dice very much. In the past on the forum we've used a system of roll >= 10 is success and roll < 10 is failure. That's basically a 50% success rate, which depending on the situation doesn't make sense. I'm working on a system that is fair but also cuts down on the randomness.
99luftballons
99luftballons
Viceroy

Back to top Go down

Post by Flagmauth Wed Nov 02, 2016 4:45 pm

In terms of fighting Jaron at least he has a presumably massive advantage in military-style combat since he has IDF training. At the moment he could probably outfight any one of us with his bare hands, a knife or a gun.
Flagmauth
Flagmauth
Supreme Dictator-for-life

https://ttrroleplay.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post by 99luftballons Wed Nov 02, 2016 9:37 pm

So the post with Emma explaining the HRE history is before she leads the party to the living quarters. Sorry Berry that I didn't see your post asking about the HRE until too late.
99luftballons
99luftballons
Viceroy

Back to top Go down

Post by 99luftballons Wed Nov 02, 2016 10:50 pm

So I've got the map of Arcane Europe done (ignore the portion pertaining to Africa - it isn't done yet).

https://docs.google.com/drawings/d/1Ay94icM-QjLsuJ2EnA3GfCmvpdXllsu0F5ezfTGZrnE/edit?usp=sharing

The link will also be put under my first post. Another question: would you guys like me to hand-draw a Vienna or academy map? I can try making either one up.

99luftballons
99luftballons
Viceroy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sirius Lupin Wed Nov 02, 2016 10:54 pm

The map looks good.

Since my character is from the Arcane world, should I start telling the group some things about it?
Sirius Lupin
Sirius Lupin
Virtuoso

Back to top Go down

Post by 99luftballons Wed Nov 02, 2016 10:56 pm

Your choice...
99luftballons
99luftballons
Viceroy

Back to top Go down