TenThousand Rads Roleplaying
Welcome! If you're an existing user, kindly log in. If not, kindly register! We are a free-form RPing community of people who do not bite, unless you break the rules.

-Mycrodeeth, Site Owner

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome! If you're an existing user, kindly log in. If not, kindly register! We are a free-form RPing community of people who do not bite, unless you break the rules.

-Mycrodeeth, Site Owner
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

(Mostly) Invisible Hand OOC

3 posters

Go down

(Mostly) Invisible Hand OOC Empty (Mostly) Invisible Hand OOC

Post by 99luftballons Sun Feb 15, 2015 3:20 pm

Welcome to the Mostly Invisible Hand. In economics the invisible hand is competition, in this RP, it will be the forces of the supernatural. You are to play gods, titans and other beings of significant power to influence the modern world (or more accurately 2016). The current world has no conflict [yet], but that is subject to change relatively quickly.

*Also, nukes and other weapons of such magnitude aren't going to work when used (GM BS), so don’t worry about the end of the world from that source*

Thus, this is essentially going to be a sandbox RP, where you are to play overpowered beings and mess up the world. I'll mostly play physics and humans. To provide some sort of structure: you want to create a world that fit your character(s) vision (based on your alignment).

Alignments (You can choose one or two. Cannot be both evil and good nor lawful and chaotic. You can choose how extreme you fall into the alignments):

1. Good: The goal of the good is to create a harmonious world, where everyone lives in peace and tranquility. No conflicts arise. Boring would be a good place to describe this world. They tend to like democracies, republics and other liberal governments [US, British, German and Norwegian governments]. They like intergovernmental bodies that provide for mutual defense or economic activity as well (European Union, United Nations, etc.). Alliances are OK, provided it is to deter aggression.
2. Lawful: The lawful envision a world of strict order as well as rules. Anyone who bends/breaks the laws of the land will be punished accordingly. Preferable use of justice is “an eye for an eye”. The Lawful aren’t just about laws and justice. They want complete control of everyday life. They prefer strong governments, preferably absolute monarchies [Cuba, Russia, Saudi Arabia, etc.]. Furthermore they like any alliances, intergovernmental organizations and the UN.
3. Evil: As evil implies, they like destruction and despair. They like governments that are brutal or governments that want world domination [I bet you are all thinking of the same country as me…]. Members of the evil alignment usually only work together temporarily until they sense and opportunity or have defeated a common foe. They like a world constantly at war or in conflict (be that military, economic or some other source).
4. Chaotic: Those of the chaotic alignment usually may either lean towards good or evil. Generally the chaotic don’t like order, strict laws/rules. They are very individualistic and will try to shape the world by themselves however they like. They hate countries in general and anything having to do with alliances and intergovernmental bodies. They want a world of anarchy. They don’t have a preferred government style, but a country like Somalia is fairly much what they would like the world to be like. If they are not extremely chaotically aligned they may just want governments that are weak and allow for much freedom for the people. They don’t like empires and want as many small countries as possible as well.

Now for your supernatural beings. Here is a short list:

1. God: Yes, you can be a god. Gods are powerful beings that control ONE element/domain completely. They live on the celestial plane (parallel dimension to the Earthly) and can influence the Earth from there using their powers. They can in human (or animal) form travel to the Earthly, but can only influence the surroundings with their domain. They are strongest when using powers in/near their own domain (AKA water god is quite powerful in Denmark, but has little power in Chad (desert country) and the god of light is strongest during daytime). Your domains need to be approved. Here are some that you can’t choose:
a. God of anything involving space/celestial bodies (includes Earth and moon)/dimensions and time
b. God of power/Energy
c. God of physics (That would be me, the GM)
2. Titans: Powerful beings that are essentially giants that along with their size have enormous power (usually magic). They are some of the best close combat fighters. Sometimes titans can also control their own domain like gods. They tend to be the power fuller ones.
3. Immortals: Humans (and other animals/sentient beings) raised to immortality for performing a deed. They usually are the gods most loyal servants, but may also live independently. They are essentially super-humans, capable of going toe-to-toe with weaker gods (some might have magic too). They too can travel to the celestial plane.
4. Demons: Powerful array of creatures of pure evil. They are few in number, and hard to detect, but they are very powerful nonetheless. They don’t specialize in a domain, but instead know an array of arcane disciplines or have their own powers.
5. Faerie: Good counterpart of demons.
6. Ancients: Old species (also few in number), who knew better than anyone how the universe is interconnected. They are good at constructing large scale arcane structures (traps, buildings, curses, etc.). Whether that involves curses, magi-tech or some other discipline, their knowledge is unparalleled.
7. Other-have anything to add to the list? Just PM me.
OK, now to how our current world looks. 2016 has no conflict (military) at the moment. Ukraine didn’t happen and same with the Arab Spring. I’ll be starting those events off (or different ones). The only trouble is the economic downturn in Europe, where in particular Greece is affected.
I’ll mainly focus on playing humans, although you can control them as well if necessary. Let us see what mess this turns into!

Sample Character Sheet (based on Poseidon)
Name: Poseidon
Race: God
Domain: (if applicable): Water/Sea/Earth (or was it Earthquakes?)
Alignment: Good
Tier (1 highest, 5 lowest): 1-very powerful god
Personality: [Poseidon’s personality]
99luftballons
99luftballons
Viceroy

Back to top Go down

(Mostly) Invisible Hand OOC Empty Re: (Mostly) Invisible Hand OOC

Post by Flagmauth Mon Feb 16, 2015 2:45 pm

Faeries are universally good? Well, someone hasn't read Dresden Files.

Anyway, what does a god of War get?
Flagmauth
Flagmauth
Supreme Dictator-for-life

https://ttrroleplay.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post by 99luftballons Mon Feb 16, 2015 4:15 pm

The god of war: you decide what it entails. I know you are VERY creative. Some abilities off the top of my head is you can summon weapons (this includes missiles close to target), armies, giving nations weapons not yet invented, etc.
99luftballons
99luftballons
Viceroy

Back to top Go down

Post by Flagmauth Mon Feb 16, 2015 5:41 pm

Ooh. Then I want to to that. Screw fighting other gods, I want to watch the mortals kill each other.
Flagmauth
Flagmauth

Back to top Go down

Post by 99luftballons Mon Feb 16, 2015 7:12 pm

Then I can put your character under the chaotic alignment (presumably).

I do believe there is an African saying that goes along the lines of "when the elephants fight (in our case gods), it is the grass that suffers (or in our case humans)." When you fight other gods indirectly that will happen.
99luftballons
99luftballons
Viceroy

Back to top Go down

Post by Flagmauth Mon Feb 16, 2015 9:31 pm

Well, yeah. But I like big military action, with lots of machines and boats and all kinds of neat stuff.

Time to get the Chinese Politburo to listen to me. Lots of neat stuff up in Siberia and I don't think Mr. Putin can defend it against the largest army on earth.
Flagmauth
Flagmauth

Back to top Go down

Post by 99luftballons Mon Feb 16, 2015 11:02 pm

True. Guess Russia will not be the largest country for long. That is unless they have help of their own.

I'll start this RP once more people join. More people=more chaos=more fun.
99luftballons
99luftballons
Viceroy

Back to top Go down

Post by 99luftballons Tue Feb 17, 2015 9:39 pm

Looks like you are the only one Mycro. Let's get this RP started and hopefully more will join.
99luftballons
99luftballons
Viceroy

Back to top Go down

Post by Helsing Tue Feb 17, 2015 10:00 pm

So if I play a titan do I have to be the huge version or can I make my character human sized and when he has to fight he goes huge?
Helsing
Helsing
The Marksman

Location : Take a left at the pile of dead bodies. Then go forward until you get to Hell, if you reach satan's place you've gone to far.

Back to top Go down

Post by Helsing Tue Feb 17, 2015 10:01 pm

Also this is mycro we are talking about so there is no way this "hand" is going to be even remotely invisible
Helsing
Helsing
The Marksman

Location : Take a left at the pile of dead bodies. Then go forward until you get to Hell, if you reach satan's place you've gone to far.

Back to top Go down

Post by 99luftballons Tue Feb 17, 2015 10:01 pm

You choose. I don't see why a titan cannot change size.
99luftballons
99luftballons
Viceroy

Back to top Go down

Post by Helsing Wed Feb 18, 2015 9:27 am

ok thats fair

Give me a little bit to think up a character and I'll join
Helsing
Helsing
The Marksman

Back to top Go down

Post by Helsing Wed Feb 18, 2015 9:38 am

Name: Lutos
Deity: Titan of Fire
Affiliation: True Neutral
Helsing
Helsing
The Marksman

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down