TenThousand Rads Roleplaying
Welcome! If you're an existing user, kindly log in. If not, kindly register! We are a free-form RPing community of people who do not bite, unless you break the rules.

-Mycrodeeth, Site Owner

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome! If you're an existing user, kindly log in. If not, kindly register! We are a free-form RPing community of people who do not bite, unless you break the rules.

-Mycrodeeth, Site Owner
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Power, Plots & Politics

3 posters

Go down

Power, Plots & Politics Empty Power, Plots & Politics

Post by 99luftballons Wed May 28, 2014 1:37 pm

In an attempt to create a mixture of C&C and our sites conventional RPin, I thought that creating a RP based on A Game of Thrones would be in order. For those of you who have no clue what A Game of Thrones is, it is essentially a book (or TV series) about how the elite families of a country try to seize power by ALL MEANS NECESSARY. This means anything works as long as you end up with more power.

In this RP we will similarly start out as the top houses. However, for the benefit for those who don’t know A Game of Thrones, I’ll place the RP in the Holy Roman Empire. You can each create your own house and choose a region to rule (Mycro in passing mentioned he wanted the House of Mouse). Go ahead and make your claims. First come first serve!
I will distribute titles and political positions later on. I have to still figure out which titles and such I want to distribute. Your head of family will have the title Fürst (which is the German equivalent duke who is the ruler of a region within the HRE).

Thus what makes this different from C&C, is that we will be playing from the characters perspective. What will make it the same is the need to grab all the power and the competitiveness. To increase competitiveness, you can only choose territories within the HRE listed below. Map link (sorry its in French) below:

Regions Available to Rule:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/7/7c/Holy_Roman_Empire_1000_map_with_more_colours-fr.svg

Written as: [How it appears on map (English name of state)-info]

Hollande (Holland) A rich region located in the northern part of the HRE. Holland may not be militarily the best, but maritime commerce in this territory is alongside Saxonies the highest in the HRE. Amsterdam (I believe) is the largest harbor in Northern Europe at this time. Hollands population is large. [Capital: Amsterdam]
Duche de Saxe (Saxony) Saxony is a fertile region to the north. It has a large population, good maritime commerce as well as land trade. Hamburg is the second largest harbor in the HRE, and probably the best defended Bremen is also an important port city in Saxony. Saxony does spend more money on their army at the moment. [Capital: Hamburg].
Mecklembourg (Mecklenburg)- The Northern shore of the HRE is under Mecklembourg rule. Being sparsely populated, it isn’t as rich as the other HRE maritime territories. Kiel is its largest harbor, which isn’t overly large. One advantage that Mecklenburg has is that it is on the Baltic and thus is able to compete with other states for Scandinavian/Polish commerce. Its army is relatively small. [Capital: Mecklenburg].
Marche du Nord (Brandenburg) Small territory in the northern part of the HRE. It borders Poland to the east and has a little maritime access. It is more or less a farm state, and uses up quite a bit of its funds for a army. Why not? With cash to spare an army does help spend it. [Capital: Brandenburg]
Duche de la basse Lorraine (Lorraine) Lorraine is one of the most populous regions, very fertile and rich. The only problem for Lorraine is that there is a good amount of French and German people, not always getting along well.Doesn’t have a overly large army. [Capital: Verdun]
Duche de Franconie (Franconia) The most populous region in the HRE is Franconie. It is also strategically located along land trade routes, making it also a wealthy region. Franconia is fertile region, though warm enough also to produce quantities of wine. Its army is medium sized and well supplied. [Capital: Frankfurt]
Thuringe (Thueringen) Small territory between Franconia and Saxony, some of the most powerful regions in the HRE. It tries to remain loyal to both as not to get obliterated. Army medium, population small. [Capital: Thueringen]
Lausitz & Meisen & Nordgau: Smaller territories south of Brandenburg. They really don’t have much in the way of military, commerce and population.
Bohemia: Bohemia is a militarily powerful region in the east. Its army is fairly large and mountains between itself and the rest of the HRE make it easily defensible. It may not be as rich as the other powerful regions, but it does have a powerful voice in the complex political machinations of the HRE.[Capital: Prag]
Bavaria: A fertile and powerful region to the south. Its army is decently large and it is a rich state. However, it doesn’t have as much population as neighboring Swabia and Franconia.[Capital: Freising]
Swabia: Rich nation to the south. Swabia enjoys being north of the alps, and thus has fertile land. Swabia does have a good amount of population to draw from, but its military is small. Swabians are known to be good at saving money. [Capital: Ulm]

Please let me know if you want to join in OOC. Also I'm open to questions, comments and/or concerns!
99luftballons
99luftballons
Viceroy

Back to top Go down

Power, Plots & Politics Empty Re: Power, Plots & Politics

Post by Flagmauth Wed May 28, 2014 2:28 pm

WHAR IS NUREMBURG.
Flagmauth
Flagmauth
Supreme Dictator-for-life

https://ttrroleplay.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post by 99luftballons Wed May 28, 2014 2:35 pm

Nuremberg is in Bavaria.
99luftballons
99luftballons
Viceroy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sirius Lupin Wed Jul 02, 2014 9:15 pm

Sounds cool. I'll go with Mecklenburg and my house name shall be the House of Dragongriffe
Sirius Lupin
Sirius Lupin
Virtuoso

Back to top Go down

Post by Flagmauth Thu Jul 03, 2014 11:13 am

Sirius.

Do I have to put a blanket ban on NSRPs before you'll update things consistently? *testy look*
Flagmauth
Flagmauth
Supreme Dictator-for-life

https://ttrroleplay.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum