TenThousand Rads Roleplaying
Welcome! If you're an existing user, kindly log in. If not, kindly register! We are a free-form RPing community of people who do not bite, unless you break the rules.

-Mycrodeeth, Site Owner

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome! If you're an existing user, kindly log in. If not, kindly register! We are a free-form RPing community of people who do not bite, unless you break the rules.

-Mycrodeeth, Site Owner
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How Magic Works

4 posters

Go down

How Magic Works Empty How Magic Works

Post by President WIN Wed Oct 26, 2011 4:25 pm

While I wait for people to post on "Standardization of RPs" I thought I might start this thread preemptively, because I am quite interested to hear how people think magic works, particularly Jeffrey's Magic System, so I can compare it to my own theories.
President WIN
President WIN
Bureaucromancer

Back to top Go down

How Magic Works Empty Re: How Magic Works

Post by Death*Knight Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:53 pm

Ok, so you wanna know how magic works?

For me, I would think magic works in a way of equality between life and death, meaning if you use to much, it'll slowly drain your life force. For regular mages, magic is basically their life force. If you're born with infintie amount of magic (example: my characters Shota, Logan, Zan, Ryouma, Hanabi, Zaraki, etc.), they do not need to worry about their life being drained slowly unless a spell or curse puts them in a situtation where they'll be a step closer to deaths hands.

The source of magic can be from anything: the elements you're born with, the attributes, the persons nature, emotions, etc. Magic basically needs a source or energy of where it comes from.

Though if you're born with infinite magic, that's a different story but similar to the one I just explained about. When you're born with infinite magic, like I said, you wouldn't need to worry about the limit unless a curse or a spelly has been put on you by a mage who is stronger. There is also another disadvantage though. Even if you have infinite magic, it's also whether or not you have a good enough amount of stamina if you're going to use strong spells that use up alot of magic. Stamina is really important, if you've got a short amount, then you have a chance of being able to tire out or faint after several small spells, which, in equivalent to one big spell.

The way I use magic is what you basically already read about from my posts. I use magic to boost defense and offense. I also use magic in combat, combining both into combos or into melee attacks or into a single strike. Some of the equipments I use in Where Legends are Born are enhanced with magic, making the metallic materials be reineforced to be stronger and more durable plus sharper (if it's a blade weapon).

Magic can be used to inanimate objects, more likely in creating them from thin air. Creating objects from thin air may be a help since you can attack using that object from a long range to short range.

Magic can also be used to resurrect the dead, the fallen, or dead comrades. This is mostly considered as Dark Magic, meaning it breaks the rule of Life and Death, making the user/caster as Dark Mage (or any other name that you'd use). If you're a minion of Hell, then it's understandable in why you use dark magic.

Um that's all I can say for now. But if you want more of my explanation, give me a message and I'll try to add some more to this post by re-editing it. Otherwise, thanks for reading.
Death*Knight
Death*Knight
Initiate

Back to top Go down

Post by President WIN Fri Oct 28, 2011 3:27 am

Thanks, I appreciate the input, that's what these senate forums are for: general ideas and views, thoughts and opinions.
President WIN
President WIN
Bureaucromancer

Back to top Go down

Post by Flagmauth Mon Jan 02, 2012 9:20 pm

I may not have my magic system up on here quite yet; its explanation is lengthy at best, and parts of it aren't even fleshed out all the way, but I shall endeavor to type it up.
Flagmauth
Flagmauth
Supreme Dictator-for-life

https://ttrroleplay.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post by President WIN Wed Jan 04, 2012 2:11 am

That would be nice. A lot of my magical ideas stem from a legthy mythos I use for my stories, which I have meant to type up for a while now.
President WIN
President WIN
Bureaucromancer

Back to top Go down

Post by T.J. Mon Apr 02, 2012 4:43 pm

I actually had a new idea for a magic system that works better than the other one I posted somewhere... it goes from least to most powerful and is based off of several different Harry Potter fan fics I have read

_Human - basic no special powers normal kinda guy
_Human-born - based off of mutants, have 1-3 powers depending on how powerful each is
_Wizard - think Ron from Harry Potter except not an idiot...
_Sorcerer - has an exceptional grasp on magic but can only do the more powerful spells and stuff in a team or with a ritual they only occur when a wizard and a human-born or a wizard and a Mage have a child
_Mage - is able to do most magic stuffs fairly quickly and easily except for the things that REQUIRE a ritual
_Magic-born - very rare like once a millenia rare, unable to die, beings created from pure magic, powerful enough to destroy the world but unable to because it goes against there very being their beings are made for healing instead, the only reason they would destroy the world is if there was no one good left alive and even then it is more likely that they will just kill everyone destroy everything of there society and make new races of beings
T.J.
T.J.
Initiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Flagmauth Mon Apr 02, 2012 6:19 pm

I'm curious, why specifically Ron?
Flagmauth
Flagmauth
Supreme Dictator-for-life

https://ttrroleplay.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post by T.J. Sun Apr 13, 2014 12:43 am

Ron has a good amount of power but he isn't the strongest. Harry would be a sorcerer and Dumbledore would be a Mage. Voldemort would be somewhere in between but he is an abomation of magic so he doesn't really count.
T.J.
T.J.
Initiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down