TenThousand Rads Roleplaying
Welcome! If you're an existing user, kindly log in. If not, kindly register! We are a free-form RPing community of people who do not bite, unless you break the rules.

-Mycrodeeth, Site Owner

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome! If you're an existing user, kindly log in. If not, kindly register! We are a free-form RPing community of people who do not bite, unless you break the rules.

-Mycrodeeth, Site Owner
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Return of Sytona (Restart)

3 posters

Go down

Return of Sytona (Restart) Empty Return of Sytona (Restart)

Post by Doomwing Sat Mar 30, 2013 3:01 pm

Sorry I can't seem to remove the stupid poll so I am restarting the thread so new folk can add characters and such.

Alright In this RP: I have a Whole Lore in the works for it. If you be Patient I will get it all Set up.

First Off: The Races: (more will be added if you discover species mid roleplay)

Planets

Sol System:

Atlas System:

Minar System:

Alestra: The Ancestral world of the Alestrain.

P-3X2 System:

The Black World: Home base of the Dark Thorn Devils.

Goddard System:

Kel-Thorn: Home World of the Kel-Thorian Empire. The World is a Supermassive Earth like world. The people have grown shorter and stockier due to the larger gravity of the world. They are Feared on ground combat on worlds with less gravity for obvious reasons. They are truely Xenophobic and tried to Eliminate near by Alien species. They are Currently at an Armistice with Earth.

Human Factions:

Navy of the Federation:(The one you are all To be in) Main peace keeping Fleet and armada for the Earth Concordiance.

United Earth Federation: The Largest of the Governments of Humanity. It spreads across One Hundred Star systems.

Marizoke Mining Corp: A small Federation of Mining Colonies. They Hire certain Star-fleet ships for odd jobs now and then. (Asian Colony Worlds).

Kel-Thorian Empire: A Rival Faction To Earth. They do not trust the Alien species. They War a lot with the Ferbian and the Draconic. A few times they tried to pick fights with the Keruti and the Minar. It ended up in one of their world's Crust Blowing up.

The Democracy of Areal: A Single System Government. They are Peaceful by nature. They are German Decedents who wished to start up several Farming Communities.

Andromeda Labs: A Secretive group, They do specialized research into Unusual Fields. Recently into a New Race of Super Humans. Results have failed. The UEF and the Minar High Council are Skeptical of this endeavor.

The Dark Thorn Devils: a pirate Faction, They Pillage and Plunder all in their Path. They are Lead by Nicolas Kentra, a wanted fugitive. They Like to Ambush Cargo Ships often.

The Blood Lust: A Group of psychopathic Human Cannibals, They became mad in the void of space and started killing groups of people. They Currently are the Most Feared Faction in Human Space. They Like to Butcher their Bodies and Eat humans.

Rules:

Okay So some of you may not understand what this is like. So this is a DnD Style Roleplay. Not a Diplo style RP. The Minar and the Syctid Are not Playable Races for Reasons. The Reason Being is they are more Story oriented than the Others. However, for those who wish to play something similar to the Minar the Firenti, a species that formed off of the Minar.

You will all start as Crew of the Starship; Excalibur, A Smaller Frigate Class Vessel. You all will get to Design your own Quarters based on your Characters Personal Quirks. Available Jobs on the ship: Science officer, Doctor, Pilot (This doesn't = Captain), Nurse, Security officer, and some Random Civilian if you want to be that.

Current Star Date is: 2265;

Here are the Main Characters With a Short Bio (longer ones will be available by the End of Finals in my Tome)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

Captain: Alexander Johnson

hair Color: Brown

Skin Tone: White

Eye Color: Grey, shines with a sharp Intelligence.

height: 6'

short bio: He will often make Sarcastic Jokes based on the current situation. Has a knack for getting the crew into trouble. Currently After a small Incident on Novus 3, He has been stationed to the Outer Fringe World of Euripiti.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________
Second in command: Ein Kenzuga.

Hair color: jet Black

Skin Tone: Asian.

Eye color: Deep Black.

height: 5' 10"

short bio: He has been Pals with Alexander since High school. They have been working side by side and they managed to get a gig at Star-fleet. Luckily for Ein he has incredible Martial arts talent. He managed to excel at most every thing he Fought against. When He Found out Alexander Received a ship. He Immediately sought to become Second in Command. He Managed to get the Position Easily. Both He and Alexander where on Novus when the Incident occurred, they don't like to talk about it.

Head of Security: Karvazof Gustav

Hair Color: Bald

Mustache color: Blonde, (Imagineā€¦ Alex Louis Armstrong from Full metal Alchemist's Mustache. That is Karvazof's Mustache.)

Eye Color: Brown

height: 6" 7'

Bio: (Very Muscular): Karvazof Fought in the Third Draconic war. He was known as the Iron Destroyer. After the War he Got a job as the Head Security officer on the Starship. He has a Joyful nature, but he doesn't like to talk about the war. He often can be found Hanging in the Ship's Rec Room polishing his Laser Rifle, Veronica.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

Head Engineer: Luna Evenstar

Age: 27; Her answer is, "None of your God Damn Business."

Hair color: Blonde

Height: 5' 8"

Eye Color: Blue

Bio: When Luna was a Child, her Home world of New Eden was destroyed by a raving tribe of the Now Extinct, Gerash. She and her parents managed to escape in a small shuttle and Luna was sent to Military academy. There she Excelled in her classes, and became the star of the engineering field. She was on her way into becoming the Head Engineer who would solve the Hyperspace Problem. When the time came, she Said she wouldn't do it. So she was sent to engineer for Captain Alexander Four years ago. She Proved herself Time and time again and she is an Invaluable member to the crew.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Cheif Diplomat: Nertin Kelfusdad

Skin tone: Scaled Blue green

Race: Draconic

Eye Color: Deep Violet

height: 5' 11"

Bio: Nertin Kelfusdad is a young Draconic. She escaped from a prison camp at the age of Eleven, and managed to sneak aboard a small shuttle. From there she piloted it out to far space where she was adopted by Soulfrad roamers. They Raised her for Seven years, there she learned from their vast libraries, retaining most of the knowledge within. Presumed to be the smartest Draconic of all time, she Was recruited by Alexander to Act as the ship's Diplomat to new worlds. THough she is young, Alexander believes she holds great potential.

Doctor: Ariel Felrian

Race: Alestrain

Hair Color: Deep Purple, Natural on her planet.

Eye Color: Abnormal Bright blue

Skin tone: Pale white.

Height: 6' 1"

Bio: She is one of the few Alestrain who chooses to work with their ancient cousins. She feels that the human code holds the secret to try to fix their problems. The Crew Enjoys her presence as she appears to most of the men and women as the most attractive person they have ever seen. She is extremely witty and can easily outsmart most of the Minar High command, which she has done in the past on medical debates. She is on the ship on invitation of Captain Alexander.

Last edited by Doomwing on Sun Oct 06, 2013 7:59 pm; edited 4 times in total (Reason for editing : Adding more Lore. Do not post until I have this done if you do ask some questions ask them in the Questions for Return of Sytona Thread.)
Doomwing
Doomwing
Adept

Back to top Go down

Return of Sytona (Restart) Empty Re: Return of Sytona (Restart)

Post by Flagmauth Tue Apr 02, 2013 9:21 pm

[I shall join this RP once more.]
Flagmauth
Flagmauth
Supreme Dictator-for-life

https://ttrroleplay.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Doomwing Tue Apr 02, 2013 11:12 pm

(Just be warned I am changed a lot of the story to better fit the more realistic timeline of events. Because let's face it, the old time frame was shit.)
Doomwing
Doomwing
Adept

Back to top Go down

Post by Flagmauth Fri Apr 05, 2013 6:32 am

[Are the Blood Lust based off Reavers? Working on my character concept right now by the way.]
Flagmauth
Flagmauth

Back to top Go down

Post by Doomwing Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:27 pm

(In all honesty I almost forgot I made that faction, but yeah they are based off of Reavers, Vampires, The Cult of the Dead, and all that nonsense. I also need to update the lore for them and that stuff... so much to do.)
Doomwing
Doomwing
Adept

Back to top Go down

Post by Flagmauth Sun Apr 28, 2013 6:52 am

Right, well, I'mma make a character for this probably by Wednesday. Rough estimate.
Flagmauth
Flagmauth

Back to top Go down

Post by Flagmauth Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:02 pm

Alright, I've got a rough idea of the character I'd like to build for this. I'd need to know a few things about the setting though...I'm a bit tired of characters just having been dropped into a setting with no background. Every damn D&D campaign I've played has been like that...

Back on topic, I'd like some general information about how West Europe (particularly Germany, France and Italy) fared through this (i.e. destroyed cities, irradiated zones etc.) I realize that at least since the Sino-American War there appears to be quite a time gap, plus the Minar repairing things but even so I'd like to know.

Also, what exactly is the tech level like and what's your stance on cybernetic implants? And how many characters can we play?
Flagmauth
Flagmauth

Back to top Go down

Post by Doomwing Sun May 12, 2013 11:59 pm

Cybernetic Implants are common, used to help victims of tragic accidents, most from some of the horrid wars that have taken place. You can play 3 characters I think is fair. You do not get your own ship however, they are all crew members onboard the story ship the Excalibur. I'm still working on parts of the story. Making new races, planets. Tech level is Advanced, more along the line of early Next Generation level Technology mixed with Firefly. As there is warp, but it is limited in the distance you can travel when engaging it. There is no Replicator Technology, the ship has a cook and a mess hall. A Gym, Hospital, Well furbished crew quarters, and other types of necessary rooms. There is a lattice grid of tubes throughout the ship that connect to key areas, and allow for the ship's engineers to crawl around and reach energy nodes and other subsystems located around the ship.
Doomwing
Doomwing
Adept

Back to top Go down

Post by Flagmauth Tue May 14, 2013 6:07 am

Right then, I'll get to work typing up my character profile. It should have all the details you need (assuming they are the ones listed in your bios in the OP) and to spare, but if you have an objection tell me now or forever hold your peace good sir.
Flagmauth
Flagmauth

Back to top Go down

Post by Doomwing Tue May 14, 2013 10:47 am

Feel free to go to work sir!
Doomwing
Doomwing
Adept

Back to top Go down

Post by Flagmauth Thu May 30, 2013 7:36 am

Right, after having gotten these approved I shall post them here and announce my official entry to the RP!

Sig

Some people simply prefer to be left alone. I happen to be one of them.

Full Name: Sigmund Asoka. Goes by Sig

Race: Human

Appearance: Wire-thin, lanky. Has copper-colored skin, curly black hair and brown eyes. Appears vaguely East Indian in descent.

Height: 1.8 m

Abilities: Augmented physiology; possesses physical and mental attributes superior to what would be expected of an equivalent unmodified human. Bio-mechanical modifications to musculoskeletal structure, nervous system, cardiorespiratory system, immune system and digestive tract. Modifications consist, for the most part, of structures designed to construct, house and maintain nanobots. Said nanobots can be employed for a variety of tasks, including the formation of ridiculously sharp bladed weapons that can be hurled or wielded as melee weapons, formation of metallic structures such as shields or ladders (limited roughly in size to about 6 meters or so, depending on density of structure).

Equipment: Whatever a security officer is issued in the Navy

Personality: Open-minded, objective and methodical. Rarely speaks out of turn and not one to question authority. Tends to be indifferent to the emotions of others. Gives the impression of being cold and expressionless.

Habits: Tends to scratch at arms and legs near-incessantly, though he doesnā€™t really know why.

History: Most of his life before age 23 is unknown to him. He was, at that point, woken up from a comatose state with his body already modified extensively to the state that it was. Given the interesting nature of these modifications, he was kept as a ward of the state for a time while the Federationā€™s scientists examined his body and the nanoworks contained within. Approximately a year ago he was left to his own devices, and, unable to adapt outside of the government he asked to be placed in the Navy. He was recently transferred to the Excalibur.

Affiliation: Lawful Neutral

Flaws: Consumes nearly four times the amount of food required by the average human, to power his biomechanics. Vulnerable to anything that messes up his optronics. Weighs considerably more than the average human as well due to the density of his modifications, and becomes paralyzed below the neck if robbed of the use of his nanobots. If destroyed they take some time to regenerate as well as a lot of raw materials (food). They also tend to lose cohesion if kept away from him for too long.

Tactics: Favorite tactic is to hurl nano-blades at target that disperse inside the wounds and incapacitate through massive agony.

Tier: 2

Notes: Character for Return of Sytona

Lori

Nothing wakes you up quite like 10,000 VAC. Itā€™s...bracing. Sort of.

Full Name: Florence Richards. Goes by Lori

Race: Human

Appearance: Somewhat thin. Pretty, with brown eyes and matching brown hair, worn shoulder-length and wavy. Tanned skin, with a burn scar on her left cheek.

Height: 1.6 m

Abilities: Talented engineer, particularly in the area of electrophysics and mechanics.

Equipment: Exo-suit, self-designed and self-built, which basically allows her to generate and to some degree manipulate electricity. Its utility as a weapon is limited at best without using the electrolaser, and is capable of quite a lot of collateral damage.

Personality: Convinced of her own invincibility. Impulsive and doesnā€™t like being alone. Remorselessly, sometimes brutally honest. All the same, she does have some social skill and uses it when she can.

Habits: Fidgets. A lot.

History: Born in Canada. Father owned a garage, where she learned to repair and create machinery. She created the first iteration of her so-called ā€œelectrosuit.ā€ here, using it primarily to jump start vehicles among other tasks. She quickly realized that it had combat utility and tried to secure a patent (which she did) and get it mass-produced for the military (which she did not). She then signed on to a private security company who promptly got her onboard the Excalibur.

Affiliation: Chaotic Good

Flaws: Suitā€™s power supply is limited.

Tactics: Fry them with an electrolaser, of course!

Tier: 2

Notes: Character for Return of Sytona
Flagmauth
Flagmauth

Back to top Go down

Post by Flagmauth Wed Jul 17, 2013 2:50 pm

(So, shall we begin?)
Flagmauth
Flagmauth

Back to top Go down

Post by Doomwing Thu Jul 18, 2013 9:43 am

(I want more people)
Doomwing
Doomwing
Adept

Back to top Go down

Post by Flagmauth Thu Jul 18, 2013 12:23 pm

That would be ideal, yes, but under the circumstances maybe people will be more inclined to join if we're moving.
Flagmauth
Flagmauth

Back to top Go down

Post by President WIN Tue Aug 13, 2013 6:28 am

(I've been meaning to rejoin this for a while now, with my old character and a new one. I don't suppose either of you remember the name of my old character, do you?)
President WIN
President WIN
Bureaucromancer

Back to top Go down

Post by Doomwing Sun Sep 01, 2013 9:58 am

(I do not sorry, Glad to see there is some renewed interest in this)
Doomwing
Doomwing
Adept

Back to top Go down

Post by Flagmauth Sun Sep 01, 2013 12:44 pm

[I think it was Kriskan, or something like that...]
Flagmauth
Flagmauth

Back to top Go down

Post by President WIN Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:03 pm

Jeffrey is actually right.

So, I'll go back to being Kriskan the Keruti, with basically the same idea for character background; overly spunky science officer, patriotic, yada yada yada.
President WIN
President WIN
Bureaucromancer

Back to top Go down

Post by Doomwing Sun Sep 29, 2013 10:05 pm

Sweet. I'll just see if more people will join in, This shall be a slow moving rp at first, just to allow people to catch up and sneak into the plot without breaking everything.
Doomwing
Doomwing
Adept

Back to top Go down

Post by Doomwing Sun Oct 06, 2013 6:44 pm

(STARTING)

Chapter 1: The Distress Signal:

(A chapter based RP Woots!)

You all awake in your crew Quarters aboard the Frigate Excalibur, commanded by Captain Alexander your superior officer. You are nearing the end of your first month aboard this vessel, and you and the rest of the crew are abuzz with your first contact with the Federation since you left on your mission to categorize and analyze new types of asteroids and mineral compounds.

You are stopping off at the planet Haven, and will be moving into an orbit that would bring you in contact with one of the many trade outposts orbiting the planet.
Doomwing
Doomwing
Adept

Back to top Go down

Post by Flagmauth Mon Oct 07, 2013 5:53 am

Lori was quite excited that the ship would be in contact with the Federation...quite frankly the mission so far had consisted of looking at a bunch of space rocks, which didn't interest her in the slightest. Sure, the metals you could get out of them were useful but still.

Sig, quite frankly, didn't care, except to be mildly annoyed about the whole thing on account of his job had been relatively easy so far and introducing more people to the ship was liable to create issues that he'd have to deal with. Reluctantly, he came to the conclusion that since it was his job to be a security officer and he hadn't had to do anything at all since the ship had embarked on its voyage, that at least he'd be earning his pay. If that was a good thing.
Flagmauth
Flagmauth

Back to top Go down

Post by Doomwing Fri Oct 11, 2013 11:18 pm

The intercom flickers with sound. "This is the Captain, we are on a docking approach to the Haven Trade station, as always please act with the upmost courtesy and respect to the traders. We do not want another incident... Alexander out."
Doomwing
Doomwing
Adept

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down