TenThousand Rads Roleplaying
Welcome! If you're an existing user, kindly log in. If not, kindly register! We are a free-form RPing community of people who do not bite, unless you break the rules.

-Mycrodeeth, Site Owner

STAR WARS: KNIGHTS OF THE NEW REPUBLIC

Page 4 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: STAR WARS: KNIGHTS OF THE NEW REPUBLIC

Post by Sirius Lupin on Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:35 pm

"Maybe the rust-bucket doesn't know." Atton says.

Bastila turned to look at him in surprise. Apparently, he had overheard her conversation to T3 while feigning sleep. "He was there, Atton. He must've known something!"

Meanwhile, in the sick bay, the Admiral Vaunt Greyflight lies on his back. He's very pale and doesn't look like he's going to survive long. Though his eyes are weak, he beckons Teren over.
Sirius Lupin
Virtuoso

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Flagmauth on Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:32 pm

Teren, concerned, walks to her father.

Maus, meanwhile, was following Platarm.

@A Blind Guy wrote:Not all of us can be walking factories of kickass.

Game Master:
Co-GM:
Flagmauth
Supreme Dictator-for-life

View user profile http://ttrroleplay.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sirius Lupin on Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:01 pm

The doctor standing next to Greyflight looks at Teren and says, "We did all we could, but it was not enough."

Greyflight coughes up blood before whispering so low only Teren could hear. His voice is very raspy. "My daughter," he begins between gasps. "There is one among my fleet who is a traitor- most likely someone among my most trusted commanders- Fleet Generals Vinn, Drale, Fegar, Platarm, Karr."

Greyflight's gasps become more frequent as he chokes out, "The traitor has already struck at me, and I fear you will be next. Escape Imperial service while you still can for, even if you...transfer units, I fear the traitor will find you soon afterwards. And one more thing: you will need someone with great piloting skills- a smuggler, perhaps- and someone who can use the Force to make your escape."

Greyflight gasps more and more and chokes out, "Go! Save...yourself!" before his eyes glaze over and he lies still.
Sirius Lupin
Virtuoso

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Flagmauth on Sun Feb 24, 2013 3:41 pm

[Contrived plot device much? I'd rather you didn't kill him.]

[Oh, also this:]

Spoiler:
Teren

Ever consider maybe there’s a reason why I avoid people?

Full Name: Teren Greyflight

Race: Human

Appearance: Brown hair, generally pulled back in an unkempt ponytail to keep it out of her face. Gray eyes. Usually wears plain clothes. Stunningly pretty, though the effect is spoiled somewhat by the near-constant scowl on her face. Long sleeves and gloves conceal the fact that her right arm is entirely mechanized; quite a high-quality job too, made of songsteel (Real Star Wars metal, look it up folks) and vaguely resembling a skeletal limb, a la General Grievous.

Height: 1.75 m

Abilities: Mildly Force-sensitive, to the tune of being extremely proficient with machines and having an apparent innate talent for combat.

Equipment: Engineer tool kit, plus her mechanical arm. Doesn’t carry a blaster pistol (at the time of writing)

Personality: Cold, remote, seems to harbor a hatred for other people in general, plus an extremely short fuse and a viciously vitriolic vocabulary make Teren a hard person to live with. Also, she’s not entirely mentally stable.

Habits: Talks to herself

History: Grew up in a position of no small privilege; Grand Admirals like her father are not only the top of the Imperial military, but also operate on a political level just below the Emperor himself. All went fairly well until, at the age of 17, an ill-advised attempt on her father’s life (since attributed to the Rebellion, far and away the most likely candidate for such a thing) killed her mother and so mangled her right arm that it had to be amputated.
She hasn’t forgiven the Rebels since, and hates them on a level comparable to the amount which I hate al Qaeda for the events of 9/11 (quite a feat). The loss of her mother combined with the trauma to her arm slightly unhinged her, escalating her already quietly hostile personality into the antisocial person she is today.

Affiliation: Galactic Empire

Flaws: Prone to borderline psychotic episodes of rage.

Tactics: Tends to try and overwhelm the opponent with sheer ferocity.

Tier: 0.5

Notes: Lawful Neutral

Game Master:
Co-GM:
Flagmauth

Back to top Go down

Post by Sirius Lupin on Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:59 pm

[Apologies for the plot device. I was in a hurry to do my APLAC paper. Also, it's not required that Teren quits the Imperial Military-in fact, it would be much more interesting if she still sticks with them, considering the earlier conversation b/w her and Atton.]

Back in the cell, Atton gets up and walks over to Bastila, saying, "The little trash-compactor might've been deactivated at the time." Atton looks down, eyes studying the floor while his thoughts turned to the overrun Rebel haven. "I don't know what happened down there, but I've got a bad feeling about it."

Bastila has a look like she's studying the smuggler for the first time and says, rather randomly, "Now I understand how you've evaded the Empire for so long."

Atton looks back up, his hazel eyes locking with Bastila's grey, saying, "What the hell are you talking about?"

Bastila lowered her voice and whispers, "You have a special gift: you can feel the Force."

Atton rolls his eyes as he turns to T3, saying, "Can you deactivate the force field so we can get Miss Psycho-Engineer and get the hell outta here?!"

Meanwhile, Platarm has just returned to his office, walking through the doors and then shutting and locking them.
Sirius Lupin
Virtuoso

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by 99luftballons on Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:07 pm

T3 looks around the cell. It concludes (and signals to Atton) that it would in some way need to be in contact with the generator.
99luftballons
Viceroy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Flagmauth on Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:35 pm

[So what's the situation with Admiral Vaunt, then? Your post seems inconclusive...]

Game Master:
Co-GM:
Flagmauth

Back to top Go down

Post by Sirius Lupin on Wed Feb 27, 2013 8:53 pm

Atton smacks his head. "Great," he said, "I did not manage to pickpocket the guard and now I have to share a small bunk with this Jedi princess because this speaking trash-can needs a (he gets really colorful with his language here) generator! Just my frickin luck!"

"Jaq! What is it with you and droids?! The little guy just said he needed to be connected to a generator and you blow up at him." Bastila says to Atton.

"That's not my name anymore!" Atton says. "I left that behind when I defected! My name's Atton now."

Just then, both Bastila and Atton noticed the deathly silence that was in the hallway outside their cell. "Guess that Admiral Greyflight is dead." Atton said with a sigh, recognizing the silence as something serious had happened.

Bastila nodded before yawning, stretching, and heading to the narrow bed.
Sirius Lupin
Virtuoso

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Flagmauth on Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:17 pm

Teren had retired to her room, where her grief shifted between a psychotic rage and just plain sitting on her bed sobbing.

Maus, meanwhile, had decided to drop by the brig. He noticed the two humans from earlier along with a droid. Since he wasn't sure how to respond to the humans, he whistled a greeting to the droid.

Game Master:
Co-GM:
Flagmauth

Back to top Go down

Post by Sirius Lupin on Fri Mar 01, 2013 8:09 pm

Atton mutters, "Great, the sentient garbage can has returned." before giving Maus the finger.

Meanwhile, another mysterious ship has docked in the hangar. Teren gets a call from Command saying that a squad was on the way to detain this new arrival and that she was to inspect the ship afterwards.
Sirius Lupin
Virtuoso

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by 99luftballons on Sat Mar 02, 2013 1:59 pm

T3 greeted Maus back, rather curious to have found another droid.
99luftballons
Viceroy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Flagmauth on Sun Mar 03, 2013 12:47 pm

Maus made a rude noise at Atton.

Teren, mostly under control now, pulled her hair back in a ponytail and went out in search of Maus. "Maus? We've got a job - oh. You." She glared at Atton. "Enjoying your stay?"

Game Master:
Co-GM:
Flagmauth

Back to top Go down

Post by Sirius Lupin on Sun Mar 03, 2013 3:11 pm

Atton says nothing, but flips her off as an answer.

In the hangar, a squad of Stormtroopers surround the ship with weapons raised in case the new arrival was dangerous.

The fighter-class vessel's cockpit opened up and out stepped a Sith Pureblood. (It's actually a race.http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Sith_(species)) Archul Cadera his name was, of the Mandalorian Clan Cadera.

The sergeant pointed his rifle at Archul and says, "State your name and business."

Archul grinned in a way that indicates he is up to no good. "My business is confidential and as for my name: you worst nightmare."

The troopers open fire on him, but Archul is quicker than they expected. Within a split second, Archul draws his two guns- one which was a CDEF blaster pistol and one which was a DL-18 blaster- and fires two shots at two of the 6 members of the squad. The two fall dead and Archul quickly finishes off the rest of the squad, suffering only two hits during the entire encounter.

Knowing time was against him, Archul quickly changes out of his Mandalorian armour, takes off the uniform one of the Stormtroopers he killed, quickly dresses in the Stormtrooper's uniform, and dresses the Stormtrooper up in his Mandalorian armour. Archul also grabs two spare pistols from his ship's cockpit and places them in the hands of the Stormtrooper. Then, when he was done disguising the incident, he picked up one of the rifles and begins walking out of the hangar, intent on collecting his bounty.
Sirius Lupin
Virtuoso

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Flagmauth on Sun Mar 03, 2013 4:21 pm

"C'mon, Maus." Teren and Maus headed for the hangar.

Game Master:
Co-GM:
Flagmauth

Back to top Go down

Post by Sirius Lupin on Mon Mar 04, 2013 7:16 pm

Archul stops as he sees Teren and salutes as to keep up his disguise.
Sirius Lupin
Virtuoso

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Flagmauth on Tue Mar 05, 2013 6:11 pm

"Aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper?" Teren asked quizzically. Maybe they had started using natural-born soldiers instead of just clones, but if so she had missed a memo somewhere.

Game Master:
Co-GM:
Flagmauth

Back to top Go down

Post by Sirius Lupin on Wed Mar 06, 2013 7:18 pm

"I'm one of the natural-born soldiers- a volunteer, as you might say." Archul replies.
Sirius Lupin
Virtuoso

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Flagmauth on Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:47 pm

"Hmm." Teren and Maus headed for the ship and boarded it.

Game Master:
Co-GM:
Flagmauth

Back to top Go down

Post by Sirius Lupin on Sat Mar 09, 2013 8:29 pm

Archul sighed in relief as he quickly walks away. He walks for 5 seconds before he realizes he forgot to delete the history logs.

He hopes the rude Human and her pet droid don't find anything suspicious in his craft.

(I hate updating from my Kindle)
Sirius Lupin
Virtuoso

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by President WIN on Sun Mar 10, 2013 6:33 pm

(Hey, I have a couple of Jedi characters I'd like to play, but I'm not sure how to insert them onto the ship everyone else is on (the Grendel I?). My characters are Horatio Tan, a male Bothan Jedi Guardian, and Shayal Teera (Shay'lateera) a purple-skinned female Twi-lek Jedi Consular.)
President WIN
Bureaucromancer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Flagmauth on Sun Mar 10, 2013 7:21 pm

[The Grendel I was left a while ago; I don't believe Sirius has explicitly named the current ship yet. Perhaps your characters are in an adjacent cell? Or maybe they stowed away on Archul's ship?]

Maus did indeed find the ship's logs, but they don't indicate that Archul is disguised as a stormtrooper. Having completed their initial sweep of the ship, Teren and Maus gain access to the engine (and disable it) and examine the workings.

Game Master:
Co-GM:
Flagmauth

Back to top Go down

Post by President WIN on Sun Mar 10, 2013 8:01 pm

(Yeah, I like the idea that they're aboard Archul's ship, (that way they can run into Teren and Maus pretty quickly) but since that's Sirius character/ship, I didn't want to just go and claim they were aboard. Not to mention, if it's a fairly small ship, are they really stowaways, or do they know Archul? Etc. And I don't know what role Sirius plans for Archul to play, so I don't want to speculate.)
President WIN
Bureaucromancer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sirius Lupin on Mon Mar 11, 2013 5:44 pm

(I'm alright with Archul knowing them beforehand, actually. As for what role he's gonna play, I'm currently working on that. Archul's ship is small, but still has some hiding places.)

Archul reaches the cell where Atton and Bastila are being held and deactivates the force field.
Sirius Lupin
Virtuoso

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by President WIN on Mon Mar 11, 2013 6:08 pm

(Alrighty then. Thanks, Sirius. Smile Also, just for everyone's knowledge, I placed some background on Horatio and Shayal in my tome-thingy, but I plan to flesh them out much more as the story goes on.)

Shayal and Horatio emerge from one of the small hiding places on Archul's ship, behind Teren and Maus. On key, Shayal sneaks behind Maus, and prepares to cut a key circuit with the precision cutting setting on her lightsaber. Meanwhile Horatio prepares to engage Teren, if it becomes necessary.

(I'll role a couple of dice on this; I have no idea how this ought to be adjudicated. lol)
President WIN
Bureaucromancer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Flagmauth on Mon Mar 11, 2013 6:08 pm

The member 'President WIN' has done the following action : Roll dice

'd20' : 15, 5

(In retrospect, it should be noted, Shayal was never trying to "kill" Maus, just disable him. Horatio tried to get about 5-10 feet behind Teren, and then activate his lightsaber and ask her to stand down.)

Game Master:
Co-GM:
Flagmauth

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top